Home Workout?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Home Workout?
Guru
9/8/09 9:25:23PM
I need help fellas. I have finally made it to about 20% bf and im about 175lbs.

My frame seems to be built for much more. i am 6'1 with a 39" chest. 36" waist
size 13 shoe. 12" around fist.

but my bicep is only 13" while flexing! my neck is only 15"!

i need to get bigger. id like to be like 185lbs and 10% BF i want to be HUGE though but i have to work with what i got i guess.

I have the perfect push up, a 10 lb medicine ball, and an iron will. what can i do man???
Guru
9/8/09 11:20:12PM
Also maybe a diet is in need? i need to cut down to like 15% BF then just pack on mass. the 4 essentials i want to get out of my diet are

Whey Protein
Glutamine
BCAAs
Creatine

any ideas for types of food?
jae_1833
9/8/09 11:40:03PM
With those tools I don't know much that will put on large amounts of mass.....a gym would do you wonders. Free weights, don't skip the cardio, and always stretch. Good luck.
RyanC
9/9/09 6:17:13AM
You need weights man. You aren't gonna get huge without free weights.
telnights
9/9/09 2:57:24PM
Free weights and a high protein diet are best for bulking up. But remember everyone if different and diets all depend on whats best for you. It takes time to find the right diet that works best for you.
jocka
9/10/09 12:39:21PM
You definitely need some free weight, an Olympic bar, 2 dumbbell bars, a bench. You diet should be high in protein and carbs but the right type of carbs. How about you join a gym, see a personal trainer and maybe he can design you a diet.
Guru
9/13/09 5:12:36PM
Ok then looks like i need to track down my weights. what about cutting 10% of my BF. Just cardio?
madmarck
9/14/09 9:03:42AM
what are you basing your 20% BF on? Did you do a internet test? Unless done by someone qualified they are usually highly inaccurate.
Guru
9/14/09 12:02:37PM
Well that and im all flabby haha
bayonetxwork
9/15/09 11:08:35AM
http://www.buildingbodies.ca/Cardio/Commando-workout.shtml

go with that...this summer I couldn't afford a gym membership, and that definitely kept me in shape and actually gave me some gain...if you need to make it a little harder, buy some plates and for the push ups and sit ups section put a 25-45 lb plate on your back, or on your chest...etc. good luck

EDIT: Oh, and eat a lot...you don't need weights...be smart about it...if you feel like its getting easy another way to add more resistance and workload to your muscles is make each repetition slower so that it requires more work
Guru
9/15/09 4:41:45PM
Great reply dude thank you!
calial
8/13/10 6:10:42AM
hey man try this this might help <a href="http://27cc54p6s7x4uo1b1x2a2ag6a2.hop.clickbank.net/" target="_top">Click Here!</a>
steven9000
8/24/10 5:12:17AM
You dont need protein powders. You get enough protein in a normal well balanced diet. You have to lift heavy free weights and you got to do effective cardio like running outside. Keep your weight training and cardio seperete because you use different energy systems in the body for different activitys. Also lift explosive when you lift weights because you only have about 15 seconds of energy in your muscle so dont lift slow. Also cut your calories back. So cut back calories burn up calories with cardio and build muscle with lifting heavy free weights. Good luck bro
steven9000
8/24/10 5:17:32AM
Also you really dont need creatine right now. Remember getting in shape is not about what you eat or take in its about what you do in the gym. How creatine works is when you workout we use the ATP energy system and it loses a phosphate group. So its turns from ATP to ADT. What creatine does is donate a phosphate group to the ADT and turn it back to ATP at a faster rate giving your a little extra snap and a few more reps and sets when your lifting. Once you start lifting for a long time then you can use creatine but you dont need it when your just starting out.
Wand_is_GOD
8/24/10 7:15:24AM

Posted by bayonetxwork

http://www.buildingbodies.ca/Cardio/Commando-workout.shtml

go with that...this summer I couldn't afford a gym membership, and that definitely kept me in shape and actually gave me some gain...if you need to make it a little harder, buy some plates and for the push ups and sit ups section put a 25-45 lb plate on your back, or on your chest...etc. good luck

EDIT: Oh, and eat a lot...you don't need weights...be smart about it...if you feel like its getting easy another way to add more resistance and workload to your muscles is make each repetition slower so that it requires more work

Thanks man. That looks like it could be fun
Pookie
9/9/10 6:54:49AM
The easiest thing to do to lose fat, in my experience, is to not eat until your stomach is hurting. Then eat. If you're stomach is not hurting, you are not really hungry.
When i first moved out on my own we never had food in our fridge. Ever. Over the course of the next 6 months i lost 40 pounds of excess fat just because i couldn't eat when i wanted to. It can be mentally grueling, but its the best way in my experience.

Couple that with a consistent running routine, and some wrestling shenanigans every other day and you'll probably burn alot of fat off very quickly.