Holyfield Vs Valuev - Valuev Weighs In Almost 100lbs Heavier!!!

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Holyfield Vs Valuev - Valuev Weighs In Almost 100lbs Heavier!!!
MMAcca
12/20/08 2:32:49AM
Nikolai Valuev 310 ¾ lbs.
Evander Holyfield 214 ¼ lbs.
(WBA Heavyweight Championship)

Rollins
12/20/08 2:50:21AM
I know Evander lost his mojo some time back but I still think he should whip Valuev ....when is this fight anyway? I haven't been keeping up with boxing very much the last 7-8 yrs really but I know who Valuev is and I'm not impressed.

I always told people one day Evander was going to beat Tyson and although it didn't happen in the time frame it should have I always knew it, and loved every second of the beating. I think I teared up actually because I kept up with him since before I was a teenager and he just turned pro....

I'm an old man I guess.
seanfu
12/20/08 3:06:48AM
Yeah, and he's also over a foot taller. Evander has about zero chance in this fight. Valuev is talented for his size. If Holyfeild gets lucky though and valuev comes in on some chronic knees he could have a chance, and I think it would make him the oldest HW champ in history, but I could be wrong, anyway, interesting matchup.

But I wanna see Wladmir vs Valuev. Wladmir would shit his pants lol "He's TAALLLEEEERRRRR!!!" How do you jab up!

Good freakshow fight though, in this corner 50 year old 220 pound Evander Holyfield, and in this corner, Nicolai "damn that a tall ass mofo" valuev!
Mungooch
12/20/08 4:59:22AM
WOW
MMAcca
12/20/08 5:32:43PM

Posted by RollinsisGod

I know Evander lost his mojo some time back but I still think he should whip Valuev ....when is this fight anyway? I haven't been keeping up with boxing very much the last 7-8 yrs really but I know who Valuev is and I'm not impressed.

I always told people one day Evander was going to beat Tyson and although it didn't happen in the time frame it should have I always knew it, and loved every second of the beating. I think I teared up actually because I kept up with him since before I was a teenager and he just turned pro....

I'm an old man I guess.

Fight's tonight
D0wnUnd6e6r
12/20/08 8:29:04PM
the fight is already over, it was at like 4h30pm ET...
jiujitsufreak74
12/20/08 8:39:59PM
Valuev won a close decision. would have been a Majority decision if it was MMA judging. (2 gave it to Valuev, 1 to a draw)
D0wnUnd6e6r
12/20/08 8:45:17PM
Freaking boring and ridiculous fight if you ask me. I still had Holyfield winning the majority of the rounds. Val was just standing there most the time semi pressing. Yeah he had like 3 good rounds but nothing else. Holy got robbed IMO
MMAcca
12/21/08 2:27:27AM
From Fightlinker:

It’s a quiet weekend for MMA but shit just hit the fan in the boxing world, where Evander Holyfield was just ****** out of a historic fifth heavyweight title in Germany. He beat his opponent and current WBA heavyweight champion Nikolai Valuev in unimpressive but definitive fashion … well, definitive to everyone but the judges, who gave Valuev the majority decision.

How bad was the decision? Check out what Sports Illustrated thought of it:

The entire sport of boxing should be humiliated by this deep act of corruption. WBA president Gilberto Mendoza should issue a statement tomorrow apologizing for this sham and strip Valuev of his title. Because this is a body blow for boxing.

The goodwill that was generated by an edge-of-your-seat performance by Antonio Margarito and Miguel Cotto in July, a rebirth of Bernard Hopkins in October and an entertaining (if not one-sided) fight between Manny Pacquiao and Oscar De La Hoya last weekend has been lost, tossed in the garbage like the judge’s scorecards should have been.

This is the story now. Once again, boxing has spit in the face of the fans who have been loyal to it, the ones who paid $25 to see the overhyped Valuev with his alphabet title face Holyfield, a legend in his time who now doesn’t seem to know when to quit.
Rollins
12/21/08 4:06:06AM
Holy crap, I didn't even know, forgot, and stumbled back in this thread....sounds like a mess.
Thanks.