HOLY SH*T.. melvin manhoef KO 6.23.07 K-1 Amsterdam

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » HOLY SH*T.. melvin manhoef KO 6.23.07 K-1 Amsterdam
ffforgottenx
6/26/07 1:29:23PM

i'd hate to be karaev.. one of the most brutal KO's i've seen in a while

melvin manhoef vs ruslan karaev
richieb19
6/26/07 1:35:21PM
Was this the most recent card? Aperantly Alistair Overeem also fought (MMA)... won via guillotine choke, who woulda though?
ffforgottenx
6/26/07 2:00:01PM

Posted by richieb19

Was this the most recent card? Aperantly Alistair Overeem also fought (MMA)... won via guillotine choke, who woulda though?

yup it's the one from this past saturday, and overeem won via guillotine in the 1st round against Michael Knaap, who is 14-12-3 overall
cincyassasin
6/26/07 2:28:09PM
He put that man to sleep.
Piccosaur
6/26/07 3:16:17PM
Knocking a guy with full energy out with a boxing glove on in 1-2 punches? All you can say is incredible.
Piccosaur
6/26/07 3:23:24PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNNWJGK8EBQ

Does he still fight MMA? He doesn't look bad,
richieb19
6/26/07 3:34:02PM
Manhoef? Yea, he fights regularly for K-1 Hero's... he just lost to Dong Sik not too long ago... it's hilarious how many people are so quick to make top rankings without even knowing who guys like Melvin Manhoef are...
Piccosaur
6/26/07 3:39:11PM

Posted by richieb19

Manhoef? Yea, he fights regularly for K-1 Hero's... he just lost to Dong Sik not too long ago... it's hilarious how many people are so quick to make top rankings without even knowing who guys like Melvin Manhoef are...

Would you say he's a top 10 LHW fighter?
richieb19
6/26/07 3:48:56PM

Posted by Piccosaur

Posted by richieb19

Would you say he's a top 10 LHW fighter?

Probably not now that he's lost 2 times recently, but he'd still easily make top 15/20 or so... Either way, rankings are purely subjective, I'm only bringing it up because I just saw someone make a top 15 list with no one outside of the UFC and Pride... Stephan Bonnar should not be ranked above Melvin Manhoef lol...
MMA_Needs_Mayhem
6/26/07 8:41:34PM

Posted by Piccosaur

Knocking a guy with full energy out with a boxing glove on in 1-2 punches? All you can say is incredible.

Exactly what I was thinking. I've seen many Manhoef fights and that man not only looks like a physical specimen, he can show that he can use that body of his and create power shots at any time he wants. Let me see Liddell take this bad ass.

P.S. Imagine if you were his trainer or a sparring partner. Ouch.
Piccosaur
6/26/07 9:00:10PM
He actually looks like a stronger version of Quinton Jackson, without the wrestling moves.
loller90278
6/26/07 9:12:09PM
if manhoef studied the ground game, and was more patient instead of acting like a raging bull, i'd for sure rank him top 10

edit: that was a great punch, but ruslan has one of the worst chins in k-1 imo.. and his stats are so inflated
t-dizzle
6/27/07 12:06:57AM

Posted by ffforgottenx

i'd hate to be karaev.. one of the most brutal KO's i've seen in a while

melvin manhoef vs ruslan karaev

oh snappss that was ridic!!

I started following him just a little bit ago, but hadnt seen this...wow...dudes got serious power..
DJDark41
6/27/07 12:47:54AM
All I can say, is good night, and sweet dreams. That was one of the best(or worst, whatever way you see it)knockouts I've ever seen.
ButterBalls
6/27/07 12:49:55AM

Posted by richieb19

LOL!!!!

But c'mon man, I thought Stephan was a world class striker! At least thats what Mike Goldberg says in between wiping himself off thinking of Forrest Griffin / Stephan Bonnar 3.
aceprone
6/27/07 1:24:37AM
holy crap, that was bad ass! Melvin is the man, I just wish he take mma full time and get better on the ground. Once he gets the ground game going, he will be a force! Top10? Not quite, but he can easly be there with one one punch, if any top 10 guys are stupid enough to stand with him. Him and Anderson makes my mouth water......
Branwest
10/11/08 6:55:23PM
Melvin definately has had the experience of fighting all around the world in various organizations. He ran through Fabio Silva in Heroes. But when he lost to Ray Sefo, you could see that, although a big guy, he's not a huge 185'er. His striking is great, and with some more practice with jits, he could be a dangerous opponent for most anyone. However, right now, anyone with a really good ground game and good wrestling could take him down and submit him. He's got a great looping left that could knock anyone out.
Aether
10/12/08 11:38:10AM
amazing power and hand speed. That left hook was so fast. Even in slow motion the whole combo takes less than a second.
bls1919
10/12/08 7:31:54PM
Dude has more power in his arms than most people have in their legs. Manhoef is great, good find terriffic left..
ToeZup
10/13/08 1:47:05PM

Posted by Piccosaur

No doubt about that. Some serious power right there.
mrsmiley
10/13/08 2:41:07PM
I loved his fight with Saku.
Saku is a legend,but I couldn't help but freak out just hearing all those shots he was landing at his skull.
And who can forget his legendary fight with Cyborg?!!!
RhythmAndStyle
10/13/08 4:55:58PM
whats so amazing bout this?
juanez13
10/13/08 8:36:29PM
Karev is one of my favorite up and comers in K1, his explosiveness is unmatched in the ring, unfortunately his chin doesnt hold up to the punishment he takes in some fights, and has been at the end of some bad KOs.

Dude has had some BAD luck in the past, luck no further than his fight with Badr Hari, un-*****n believable. But lately he came back strong, and has shown his potential, now he is at Final 8 for this years K1 GP, although he has a long way to go to get to the top.

Shame Manhoef retired, but not much else for him to do, he feels like he cant make it in mma, and already has been in K1 for quite a bit. One of the most explosive fighters ever, but his height was his biggest downfall, and the reason never got very far in K1.