HOLY CRAP, MARK COLMAN VS BROCK LESNAR!!!!

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » HOLY CRAP, MARK COLMAN VS BROCK LESNAR!!!!
ufcboss
3/1/08 10:43:42PM
HOLY CRAP BATMAN, This is great!!!!!!!!!!
It was just anounced at UFC82!

Mark said he has 5 months to get ready, So depending on how long he has knowen, We should see this soon enough!
juanez13
3/1/08 11:21:17PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there was an article about lesnar fighting on august, so that proly when we will se this fight, this fight is nut, its gonna sell huge PPVs....im taking lesnar on this fight, with him being the bigger wrestler, and coleman's Jui jitsu isnt good to say the least. Brock lesnar via TKO round 1.
ufcboss
3/1/08 11:26:18PM
This should be under Foreest VS Rampage, The fight I should be seeing LIVE, Im creaming right now!

OK, not really but I am excited as all hell!
RMFG_187
3/2/08 12:55:33AM

Posted by juanez13

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there was an article about lesnar fighting on august, so that proly when we will se this fight, this fight is nut, its gonna sell huge PPVs....im taking lesnar on this fight, with him being the bigger wrestler, and coleman's Jui jitsu isnt good to say the least. Brock lesnar via TKO round 1.

actually, i have Coleman via TKO round 1.
loller90278
3/2/08 12:59:59AM
they want to give lesner another big name and for him to gain some recognition against the hardcore fans, as well as the casual watcher.

babytater03
3/2/08 1:48:44AM
So WTF happened with McCully? He puss out or did this stroke the money tree too well for Zuffa to pass it up?
TimW001
3/2/08 2:20:34AM
Wow! Cudos to the UFC! Who saw this coming?
ufcboss
3/2/08 2:22:36AM
I cant think of a better match-up for Brock.

Wrestler V Wrestler, Cant wait for this.

Lesnar Via Strikes.
Mhunt1140
3/2/08 2:38:10AM
What an announcement, this is crazy. Don't get me wrong, I love Mark Colman and I respect him to death, I mean he was the pioneer of the heavyweight division. However, I don't see him beating Brock here. Like it has already been said Brock is the bigger and stronger wrestler and Colman's submissions aren't that great to say the least, I love the idea though, this will sell tons of paper views, help promote Lesnar and give him a pretty credible opponent/victory if that does happen and it will give Colman the chance to come back to the octagon. This is a great idea and we could see one hell of a wrestling match! Lesnar by KO/TKO in the 1st round.
cmill21
3/2/08 2:39:27AM
Really mad that Coleman's still trying to fight. I don't like seeing legends do this...
roger
3/2/08 2:51:39AM
badass fight newcomer vs UFC hall of famer
skatenate
3/2/08 2:58:10AM
this is gonna be so good, after seeing brock lesnars first fight, and how well he went, concidering nerves, and the fact he was up against a ufc former champ, i really like this guy, and think he will go far. and its gonna be another great test for him, as it will be for mark coleman as well.
TimW001
3/2/08 3:07:52AM
This can be a real passing the torch fight. We have Mark Colemen, a wrestler UFC HOF'er, who pioneered the HW division in the UFC and PRIDE. Fighting a new comer who is the heavy favorite, and a potential future champ.
Kpro
3/2/08 3:24:35AM
Lesnar via DQ (Knees to the head on the ground)
wolfman
3/2/08 3:57:26AM

Posted by Kpro

Lesnar via DQ (Knees to the head on the ground)

Maybe, Maybe.....it could happen.
mrsmiley
3/2/08 5:06:49AM
That will be a really cool fight to watch.It don't really suprise me though.Every one kept talking about Coleman being put in the HOF and such.They weren't gonna just let that happen all by itself.Their had to be something attached to it,and Coleman returning to the Octagon was just that.
jae_1833
3/2/08 6:22:40AM

Posted by cmill21

Really mad that Coleman's still trying to fight. I don't like seeing legends do this...

You don't ??? Then what's up with your avatar??!!
iamqban
3/2/08 9:38:42AM
U got that right!!!!!!!!Not disrespect to Coleman ....but age will be a "heavy factor" in this fight......and like u said they want to build Lesnar as a badass fighter(although he showed he can be) so they r giving him easy bouts????
Anyways all the luck to both .............and may the best one win!
imanidiot777
3/2/08 10:14:14AM
If Brock Lesnar can't win this one, that's not a good sign for his UFC future. No disrespect to Colman but he is aging and Lesnar is the strongest guy I've seen and also a wrestler.
StevieC
3/2/08 10:25:51AM
I'm just glad we are having it in Minny!

Coleman vs. Lesnar in my mind won't be that exciting. If Lesnar doesn't make quick work of him then his hype is done.....
ufc
3/2/08 11:02:40AM
mark my words lesner will destroy mark coleman now 10 years ago could have been different. bad idea for a return fight for coleman

Gannon
3/2/08 12:23:37PM
delete
moob
3/2/08 12:35:13PM

Posted by babytater03

So WTF happened with McCully? He puss out or did this stroke the money tree too well for Zuffa to pass it up?

I think it all comes down to the $$$.
loonytnt
3/2/08 12:38:13PM
brock 1st tko. his going to get it to the ground nd gnp him out
icarus4321
3/2/08 4:32:21PM
I can't wait until August to see this card! I'm glad they're giving us some interesting matchups for the first Minnesota UFC.

Now if we can get Sherk, Huerta, and Nick Thompson on the card, that would be great!
NatedawgThaM
3/2/08 10:12:12PM
Before I pick this fight I want to see who Coleman's training with. If he actually goes to XC, Ibrara & Rampage, ATT, or AKA and swallows his Pride, I'd actually pick him to win this fight.

cspecial
3/3/08 10:40:04PM
why can't the ufc put up some decent matches that the hardcore fans would want to see? i don't care about bringing a legend back agains a monster like that. the fight against Mir was a good choice and he got beat... this isn't the WWE. i'm sure that with some training Lesnar's gonna be a great but come on. look how well the legends have done soo far... tank just lost to kimbo, gracie lost to hughs, shamrock lost to tito 3 times. i mean come on... the sports evolved and the only one that's been hanging on is couture. why doesn't dana white put Lesnar up against a Cro Cop or even Chek Congo?

that's another thing... Cro Cop was a murderer for so long, he gets to the ufc and throws maybe 8 punch's in 3 fights? what happened? somebody help me out with this.