Hockey Talk

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Hockey Talk
« Previous Page | Next Page »
FlashyG
5/1/09 4:20:55PM
I'm a Wings fan because I was raised one. I was named after Gordie Howe, and I've watched Wings games with my dad from the time I was 4.

I also support them because they are the closest quality team to me. Its cheaper to go see a game in Detroit, with a Hotel in Windsor and better seats than it is to try and get Leaf tickets here.

Plus I think all Hockey fans can agree...the Leafs have too many fans as it is!

king_katool
5/1/09 4:23:25PM

Posted by FlashyG

I'm a Wings fan because I was raised one. I was named after Gordie Howe, and I've watched Wings games with my dad from the time I was 4.

I also support them because they are the closest quality team to me. Its cheaper to go see a game in Detroit, with a Hotel in Windsor and better seats than it is to try and get Leaf tickets here.

Plus I think all Hockey fans can agree...the Leafs have too many fans as it is!

isnt that the truth, i was suppose to goto Game 5 vs the jackets..... ye we won in a sweep ******* assholes
EvenFlow
5/1/09 8:14:25PM
Wings vs Bruins for the cup, with the Wings winning the series 4-3 or 2

semis will include, Wings (4-2 over Ana) Blackhawks (4-3 over Van) Capitals (4-3 over Pit) and Bruins (4-1 over Car)
zephead
5/2/09 10:17:06PM
Good game today by the Caps. Crowd was loud and proud. A sea of red. Varly let in that one weak goal. Had 34 saves. The refs really tried to give the Pens that game. Very bad officiating today
DJDark41
5/3/09 12:55:33PM

Posted by zephead

Good game today by the Caps. Crowd was loud and proud. A sea of red. Varly let in that one weak goal. Had 34 saves. The refs really tried to give the Pens that game. Very bad officiating today

As a Ranger fan, how do you think I felt during the Rangers/Caps series? Whether the NHL will admit it or not, they do want teams like Caps/Pens to advance in the playoffs for advertisement reasons and such. I guess they want Sid/Geno over Alex.
The_Metal_Maniac
5/3/09 4:20:06PM

Posted by DJDark41

Posted by zephead

As a Ranger fan, how do you think I felt during the Rangers/Caps series? Whether the NHL will admit it or not, they do want teams like Caps/Pens to advance in the playoffs for advertisement reasons and such. I guess they want Sid/Geno over Alex.

I never understand why a fan has to blame a referee. There is no great conspiracy for one team or a particular player or set of player to advance in the playoffs. AO is just as marketable, if not more at this moment, than Sid and especially Geno. Every game whether home or away has questionable calls, every single game. Every fan can recall a particular play or set of plays during a game that were questionable. I think all of these " Oliver Stone" type fans and there conspiracy's are funny. Ultimately the Caps won game one so why on earth does it matter. I just dealt with the Flyers series and every game had questionable calls, and non calls but I was fine with it, because I know ultimately referees are only human.
DJDark41
5/4/09 2:30:31PM

Posted by The_Metal_Maniac
I never understand why a fan has to blame a referee. There is no great conspiracy for one team or a particular player or set of player to advance in the playoffs. AO is just as marketable, if not more at this moment, than Sid and especially Geno. Every game whether home or away has questionable calls, every single game. Every fan can recall a particular play or set of plays during a game that were questionable. I think all of these " Oliver Stone" type fans and there conspiracy's are funny. Ultimately the Caps won game one so why on earth does it matter. I just dealt with the Flyers series and every game had questionable calls, and non calls but I was fine with it, because I know ultimately referees are only human.

The one thing that really irks me is inconsistency. I'm fine with, within the first 2 minutes of the game, you giving someone for putting a stick in a guys elbow pads and giving him a hooking penalty. But then, when I see it happen again, it better get called. Its especially annoying when they call stuff all game long, then all of a sudden, they don't call it and the following play causes a huge momentum shift. I have no problem with there being alot of calls towards one team, or there being no calls at all, as long as it is consistent.
zephead
5/4/09 3:28:20PM

Posted by DJDark41

Posted by zephead

Lets see, Feds gets called for interference, a couple of muniutes later, Semin dumpd the puck, gets hogged tied by Orpik, no call. Kozlov gets his sticked snapped in half by a slash, no call. Bradley is tripped at center ice, no call. The Pens get 3 PP in the third period on the road.

As for the the Caps/Rangers series, Brashears gets a 6 game suspension for his hit. and then bump of Orr. Avery suckers Jurcina, gets 2 minutes. Avery sucker punches Erskine, gets nothing. Avery suckers Pothier, 2 minute penalty. Avery puches Varly and shoves him, gets nothing. Torts goes apeshit, squirts a fan and then throws a water bottle and hits her in the head, gets a 1 game suspension. what is it about the series you didn't like?

Lets not forget about Averys' putting his stick blade to Ovy's throat and then his spear to Erskine, How many penalty minutes did you get for that?? Still have a problem with the series?
Aaronno9
5/4/09 3:37:30PM
Blaming refs bugs me to. Everybody forgets about the games they've won becouse of calls that shouldnt of been made, or calls that didnt get made when they should of. Nobody ever mentions those games, but soon as the refs against your team everybody has to bitch about it.

Its the same in every sport. Refs are going to mess up, they always have and always will unless all sports adopt TV replays ect. Just deal.
zephead
5/4/09 7:55:15PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Blaming refs bugs me to. Everybody forgets about the games they've won becouse of calls that shouldnt of been made, or calls that didnt get made when they should of. Nobody ever mentions those games, but soon as the refs against your team everybody has to bitch about it.

Its the same in every sport. Refs are going to mess up, they always have and always will unless all sports adopt TV replays ect. Just deal.

I have to deal with it. My team won despite the refs. Tonight is a perfect example. Poti and Crosby collide, both going for the puck, penalty against Poti. Guerin loses his balance, call Green for tripping. Pens have a 5-3. Gordon crosscheched clearing the puck on the PK. No call. Orpik, slashes Semin, crosschecks Semin and then facewashes, both given penalty's but Semin given an extra 2.

The officiating in the NHL is by far the worst in sports. Watching the Bruins/Canes game lastnight, going into the 3rd Carolina hadn't had a PP. Come on. Let the guys play or call it both ways, that's all I ask.
The_Metal_Maniac
5/4/09 8:48:12PM

Posted by zephead

Posted by Aaronno9

I have to deal with it. My team won despite the refs. Tonight is a perfect example. Poti and Crosby collide, both going for the puck, penalty against Poti. Guerin loses his balance, call Green for tripping. Pens have a 5-3. Gordon crosscheched clearing the puck on the PK. No call. Orpik, slashes Semin, crosschecks Semin and then facewashes, both given penalty's but Semin given an extra 2.

The officiating in the NHL is by far the worst in sports. Watching the Bruins/Canes game lastnight, going into the 3rd Carolina hadn't had a PP. Come on. Let the guys play or call it both ways, that's all I ask.

Countless calls against the Caps tonight too but who cares. Kunitz and Ov bump into each other in the neutral zone and Kunitz get's the penalty. Nice acting by Alexander. I don't care though, I am simply pointing out to you that you sound like a baby.
zephead
5/4/09 9:44:27PM

Posted by zephead

Posted by Aaronno9

Countless calls against the Caps tonight too but who cares. Kunitz and Ov bump into each other in the neutral zone and Kunitz get's the penalty. Nice acting by Alexander. I don't care though, I am simply pointing out to you that you sound like a baby.

Yep. Jurcina to the box with under 2 minutes to play for crosschecking guess who. And then Kunitz crosschecks Varly, no call. It's both ways. Call me what you want. The officiating is terrible
cmill21
5/5/09 1:59:02AM
Alright, I know it's the new NHL but this is the playoffs, the penalties should be a little bit more then they would be in the reg season. I don't want to see the NHL turn into european hockey(no offense). I hate bettman and I hate the new rules. Yeah officials will miss calls and make bad ones, but trust me it evens out. Now good talk...CRAZY GAMES! I love this round of playoffs, I think this series will be decided by who can win that one game on the road. Also for those who think Geno is better then Crosby...Geno will dissapear until Crosby yells at him again.
DJDark41
5/5/09 3:38:59PM

Posted by zephead
As for the the Caps/Rangers series, Brashears gets a 6 game suspension for his hit. and then bump of Orr.

Brashear got 6 games, deservedly so. He injured a guy who has never done anything to hurt anyone a day in his life. Not to mention, the hit was way late, and extremely high, for no reason. That was 5 games. The initiating contact with Orr during warm-ups was automatic suspension. You cannot engage in any intentional contact before the game. Its happened before, I just can't remember when/where.

Posted by zephead
Avery suckers Jurcina, gets 2 minutes. Avery sucker punches Erskine, gets nothing. Avery suckers Pothier, 2 minute penalty. Avery puches Varly and shoves him, gets nothing.

Physical hockey. You also forgot to mention Kozlov plowing over Lundqvist after scoring a goal, without so much as attempting to stop. He put his hands in front of him and plowed through Henrik.

Posted by zephead
Torts goes apeshit, squirts a fan and then throws a water bottle and hits her in the head, gets a 1 game suspension. what is it about the series you didn't like?

Not sure what the issue is here... He got the appropriate action from the situation. It says very clearly in the NHL Rulebook, any sort of physical interaction with the fans will lead to a suspension/fine.
zephead
5/5/09 4:08:01PM

Posted by DJDark41

Posted by zephead
As for the the Caps/Rangers series, Brashears gets a 6 game suspension for his hit. and then bump of Orr.

Brashear got 6 games, deservedly so. He injured a guy who has never done anything to hurt anyone a day in his life. Not to mention, the hit was way late, and extremely high, for no reason. That was 5 games. The initiating contact with Orr during warm-ups was automatic suspension. You cannot engage in any intentional contact before the game. Its happened before, I just can't remember when/where.

Posted by zephead
Avery suckers Jurcina, gets 2 minutes. Avery sucker punches Erskine, gets nothing. Avery suckers Pothier, 2 minute penalty. Avery puches Varly and shoves him, gets nothing.

Physical hockey. You also forgot to mention Kozlov plowing over Lundqvist after scoring a goal, without so much as attempting to stop. He put his hands in front of him and plowed through Henrik.

Posted by zephead
Torts goes apeshit, squirts a fan and then throws a water bottle and hits her in the head, gets a 1 game suspension. what is it about the series you didn't like?

Not sure what the issue is here... He got the appropriate action from the situation. It says very clearly in the NHL Rulebook, any sort of physical interaction with the fans will lead to a suspension/fine.

It does not matter if it is Charlie Brown that you laid out or Satan. Who he hit has nothing to do with the suspension. So Dubinsky never hurt anyone in his life, McSorley cracked Brashears in the head with his stick. Brashears has hurt alot of people. McSorley was charged with assault, was found guilty, got a 1 year suspension from the NHL and never played again.

Physical hockey is one thing, putting the blade of your stick to an opponets throat is NOT physical hockey. Cheapshotting players all over the ice is NOT physical hockey. A coach or player making contact with fans is NOT physical hockey.

Yes, Kozlov plowed into Henrik after he scored, now rewatch it and see how much time Kozlov had to react and see if he didn't get a little nudge from behind. Mike Brown for the Ducks lays out Flippula, Flippula was unprotected, never hurt anyone, the hit was late and the hit was high, he gets no suspension.

All I'm saying is, the league either needs to call everything or put the whistles away. They give the Pens a PP with a minute to go, 5 seconds before the Pens score, Kunitz crosschecks Varly in the face, no call. Don't call that lame ass interference then allow that bush league play by Kunitz go. I hope Erskine is dressed for tomorrows game and he just destroys Kunitz for that garbage

cmill21
5/5/09 7:34:30PM
Ahh Brashear got exactly what he deserved, dirty hit from a dirty player with a long rap sheet.

EDIT: Oh and I hope Kunitz gets suspended for his cross check on Varlamov.
DJDark41
5/6/09 2:27:08PM

Posted by cmill21
EDIT: Oh and I hope Kunitz gets suspended for his cross check on Varlamov.

Yeah, I don't know how you get away with something like that. I mean, Kunitz isn't exactly a dirty player, but I think the refs really need to watch out for stuff like that.
Hendo67
5/6/09 5:13:41PM
Kunitz has been pretty questionable this post season.
zephead
5/6/09 8:45:11PM
Did anyone see the the way the Red Wings were jobbed by the Officials last night. Pathetic
The_Metal_Maniac
5/6/09 10:12:18PM
Pens won game three, but I realize for the Pens to win this series wow is it going to take some effort. I also realized this, I'm not sure if it's a fluke or if this kid is this sold but my God Varlamov is a stud. His saves baffle me, lol.
zephead
5/6/09 10:22:46PM

Pens won game three, but I realize for the Pens to win this series wow is it going to take some effort. I also realized this, I'm not sure if it's a fluke or if this kid is this sold but my God Varlamov is a stud. His saves baffle me, lol.

What worries me about him is, he is so powerful and athletic that he has a history of hurting his groin. The kid can play. He led his team to the championship in the Russian Super League as a 18 YO. Great game.
DJDark41
5/7/09 12:10:38PM
After watching Varlamov, I can safely say he is going to pull a Henrik Lundqvist. Aside from a handful of people. no one really knows/knew who he is/was, and he comes out of nowhere to take the starting job. much like Lundqvist did when Weekes got hurt. Then you go and look and notice, wow, this kid did amazing in Europe, and its translating to NHL success.

BTW: Red Wings got screwed in Game 3. I guess the NHL wants to make the series interesting...
king_katool
5/7/09 10:04:33PM
DONT even get me started on the ROBBERY the refs got away with on the wings in game 3, ill leave it at that because i love this site but those ******* ASSHOLES!!!!!!!!
Aaronno9
5/9/09 3:54:19PM
Pens and caps are putting on a good series. Im going to have to miss tonights game though
zephead
5/10/09 12:19:09AM
Just got back from the Caps/Pens game. After watching this debacle by the refs, it is official, they worst refs in all sports. In OT Gill trips Semin, no call, ok it's OT they'll let them play. But no, they call Jurcina for the trip on Malkin Caps are killing the PP and then Gordon gets bulldozed byt a Pen, Gordon is nowhere near the puck. The very same thing the Pens have been whining about, that's called interference, no call.

I guess the CAps just have to whine, whine and then whine some more. Very pathetica game by the refs. Let the players decide it
The_Metal_Maniac
5/10/09 2:37:13AM
During the same game that you were at in regulation Ovy blatantly trips Malkin in the offensive zone and no call. Jordan Stall while on a partial two on one is hooked and no call. So yes I'll agree with you that the refs are bad, either way the Pens are now up in the series, I hope they can finish it Monday.
DJDark41
5/10/09 8:57:37AM

Posted by zephead

Just got back from the Caps/Pens game. After watching this debacle by the refs, it is official, they worst refs in all sports. In OT Gill trips Semin, no call, ok it's OT they'll let them play. But no, they call Jurcina for the trip on Malkin Caps are killing the PP and then Gordon gets bulldozed byt a Pen, Gordon is nowhere near the puck. The very same thing the Pens have been whining about, that's called interference, no call.

I guess the Caps just have to whine, whine and then whine some more. Very pathetic game by the refs. Let the players decide it

Completely agreed. Not to mention, the refs made the WRONG call in Overtime. If you go back and look, Fedorov is the one who really tripped Malkin, not Jurcina. And because of that, Bruce Boudreau was forced to put Fedorov back on defense to cover the open spot, and he was the one who got beat at the blue line to make it a 2 on 1. Figure, they make the right call, Jurcina probably doesn't play as aggressively and its a 2 on 2, harmless shot on goal held by Varlamov...

king_katool
5/10/09 1:35:12PM
i hate when this happens it takes 10 mins to load the page and i post 3 times
king_katool
5/10/09 1:35:52PM

Posted by DJDark41

Posted by zephead

I guess the Caps just have to whine, whine and then whine some more. Very pathetic game by the refs. Let the players decide it

Completely agreed. Not to mention, the refs made the WRONG call in Overtime. If you go back and look, Fedorov is the one who really tripped Malkin, not Jurcina. And because of that, Bruce Boudreau was forced to put Fedorov back on defense to cover the open spot, and he was the one who got beat at the blue line to make it a 2 on 1. Figure, they make the right call, Jurcina probably doesn't play as aggressively and its a 2 on 2, harmless shot on goal held by Varlamov...

dude,gtfo of my head LMAO, i dont know how many people i explained that to,pretty much word for word,
king_katool
5/10/09 1:36:30PM
i hate when this happens it takes 10 mins to load the page and i post 3 times
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11