Hockey Talk

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Hockey Talk
« Previous Page | Next Page »
zephead
2/19/09 3:31:23PM

Posted by DJDark41

Why does it seem like goalies can never make a save when the shooter is falling down/sliding on the ice?

Maybe they lose sight of the puck. It blends in with the uniform?
Hendo67
2/22/09 3:27:40PM

Posted by DJDark41

Why does it seem like goalies can never make a save when the shooter is falling down/sliding on the ice?

Carey Price can hardly make a save anyway, lol
cmill21
2/22/09 3:32:00PM

Posted by zephead

Posted by DJDark41

It's more of an unexpected type of thing.
evan9eleven
2/22/09 6:39:06PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by zephead

Posted by DJDark41

ya like when a guy doesn't get all of a shot but the tender gets handcuffed because it's so slow....like a knuckle ball
zephead
2/22/09 6:40:40PM
Caps with a nice win over the Pens today.
cmill21
2/23/09 1:24:24AM

Posted by evan9eleven

Posted by cmill21

Posted by zephead

Posted by DJDark41

ya like when a guy doesn't get all of a shot but the tender gets handcuffed because it's so slow....like a knuckle ball

Yepper, worst part of being a tendy is when guys don't understand that stuff lol.
DJDark41
2/23/09 6:56:57PM
Rangers fire head coach Tom Renney and assistant coach Perry Pearn. Maybe this is the wake up call the Rangers need, by showing that no one is safe, and everyone needs to do their part. However, it is my philosophy, that no matter how good of a coach you have, if you have a sh*tty team, you will continue to have a sh*tty team.
evan9eleven
2/23/09 6:58:48PM

Posted by DJDark41

Rangers fire head coach Tom Renney and assistant coach Perry Pearn. Maybe this is the wake up call the Rangers need, by showing that no one is safe, and everyone needs to do their part. However, it is my philosophy, that no matter how good of a coach you have, if you have a sh*tty team, you will continue to have a sh*tty team.

I bet they turn it around with Torts for sure.
mrkennedy
2/23/09 7:53:17PM
the habs strat the reclimbing(im not sure) of the division after the big win over the sens
zephead
2/24/09 2:43:55PM

Posted by evan9eleven

Posted by DJDark41

Homey don't play that. Torts is a quote machine. He gives the players no leash. He is a no-nonsense type of coach. He shows the players his system and they better play it, Are the Rangers ready for a coach like that?
evan9eleven
2/24/09 10:24:41PM

Posted by zephead

Posted by evan9eleven

Posted by DJDark41

Homey don't play that. Torts is a quote machine. He gives the players no leash. He is a no-nonsense type of coach. He shows the players his system and they better play it, Are the Rangers ready for a coach like that?

guess we'll see, I bet that dressing room is a whole different culture now.
king_katool
2/26/09 10:54:43AM
good win for my wings last night, only team im worried about is the sharks any other team in the league i think we beat in 5.6 games in a 7 game series

GO WINGS GO
Boo_Radley21
2/26/09 11:04:30AM
Good news boys, Marty Brodeur makes his return tonight against the Avs.
sublime
2/26/09 11:14:02PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

brodeur with the shutout
Boo_Radley21
2/26/09 11:15:11PM

Posted by sublime

Posted by Boo_Radley21

brodeur with the shutout

Hell yea man. I got to listen to the third period. One step closer to breaking those records. Maybe he'll get them this season after all
DCRage
3/31/09 7:26:54AM
Thought zep would've posted this by now...

MD Band Writes New Anti-Crosby Song
And I'd say still a 50-50 chance Caps-Pens happens in the first round of the playoffs.
The_Metal_Maniac
3/31/09 9:28:13AM
With so many Crosby haters on this board I thought this would have been posted days ago. Crosby is on pace for another 100+ season, man he sucks!
Aaronno9
3/31/09 2:14:43PM

Posted by The_Metal_Maniac

With so many Crosby haters on this board I thought this would have been posted days ago. Crosby is on pace for another 100+ season, man he sucks!

True dat.
DJDark41
4/1/09 2:42:30PM
Crosby can get all the 100 point seasons he wants to get. Its not going to stop the Red Wings from repeating as Stanley Cup Champions...

And I love how people here still don't acknowledge the fantastic season that Malkin is having... Because Malkin is STILL better than Crosby, and it will always be so.
Aaronno9
4/1/09 3:11:57PM

Posted by DJDark41

Crosby can get all the 100 point seasons he wants to get. Its not going to stop the Red Wings from repeating as Stanley Cup Champions...

Lol, what does the wings winning the cup have to do with how good Crosby is?
urbman
4/2/09 3:07:50AM
Red Wings are a great team,but don't forget San Jose when making stanley cup predictions they're a great team as well,and i'm a Flyers fan myself.
cmill21
4/2/09 4:17:53AM

Posted by urbman

Red Wings are a great team,but don't forget San Jose when making stanley cup predictions they're a great team as well,and i'm a Flyers fan myself.

San Jose will fold like a single mother on laundry day come playoff time.
The_Metal_Maniac
4/2/09 6:29:48AM
The playoffs this year will be fun to watch because of how competitive and similar the teams are becoming. In the West you have Detroit, San Jose, Calgary, and Vancouver. Those to me are just the top dogs not to mention any team that comes into the playoffs on a hot streak. The East is so clumped together with even the elite teams having questions. The Caps, Bruins, Philly, Carolina, Pittsburgh, Devils, pretty much one through eight could win the Eastern conference crown. In regards to no one acknowledging Malkin's season, that simply isn't true. He's very often referred to as his team’s best player. I almost see it as Ovy, Malkin, and Crosby are pretty much three of the most talented young guns the league has ever seen. At any given time during this current or any other given season you can make an argument of who is better. I myself have decided to forgo that argument and just enjoy the fact that all three are in the league at the same time. Not to mention along side other great young talent in the NHL.
Hendo67
4/2/09 1:43:30PM
Malkin is better than Crosby right now, he's more clutch in my opinion. Look at what he did last year when Crosby was injured, he stepped up big time and provided insane offense while he was gone.

Also, in my mind...a healthy Marian Gaborik is up there with the likes of Crosby/Malkin/Ovechkin...
The_Metal_Maniac
4/2/09 2:07:31PM
I can never understand the effort put forth to distinguish the best in one sport. There are no grouping of rules set to garnish a player "the best". Our generation seems to have this whole issue with deeming someone the best, creating comparisons. The comparisons are ridiculous. Every comparison at its root will be biased and have some sort of personal declaration attached to it. I am a die hard Pittsburgh fan will I ever willingly admit there are better players than Malkin and Crosby probably not. That is why lately I try to stay out of the same beat down arguments/discussions of whom is the best player.The same question is asked daily all over internet message boards: who is the best hockey player, football player, baseball player, etc.. It's an opinion; Marion Gaborik is a great player his level of excellence will differ from person to person, reason to reason because it's an opinion. Just like Ovechkin, Crosby, Malkin, Parise, Kovalchuk, Nash, Datsyuk, Iginla, Getzlaf, Thorton, Richards, Hossa, Heatley and whomever else garnishes best player in the NHL merits. I hesitate to attach the term great to any player until they lead every feasible statistical category in the NHL.
cmill21
4/2/09 4:22:51PM

The playoffs this year will be fun to watch because of how competitive and similar the teams are becoming. In the West you have Detroit, San Jose, CHICAGO, Calgary, and Vancouver. Those to me are just the top dogs not to mention any team that comes into the playoffs on a hot streak. The East is so clumped together with even the elite teams having questions. The Caps, Bruins, Philly, Carolina, Pittsburgh, Devils, pretty much one through eight could win the Eastern conference crown. In regards to no one acknowledging Malkin's season, that simply isn't true. He's very often referred to as his team’s best player. I almost see it as Ovy, Malkin, and Crosby are pretty much three of the most talented young guns the league has ever seen. At any given time during this current or any other given season you can make an argument of who is better. I myself have decided to forgo that argument and just enjoy the fact that all three are in the league at the same time. Not to mention along side other great young talent in the NHL.

Fixed
The_Metal_Maniac
4/2/09 4:35:30PM

Posted by cmill21

The playoffs this year will be fun to watch because of how competitive and similar the teams are becoming. In the West you have Detroit, San Jose, CHICAGO, Calgary, and Vancouver. Those to me are just the top dogs not to mention any team that comes into the playoffs on a hot streak. The East is so clumped together with even the elite teams having questions. The Caps, Bruins, Philly, Carolina, Pittsburgh, Devils, pretty much one through eight could win the Eastern conference crown. In regards to no one acknowledging Malkin's season, that simply isn't true. He's very often referred to as his team’s best player. I almost see it as Ovy, Malkin, and Crosby are pretty much three of the most talented young guns the league has ever seen. At any given time during this current or any other given season you can make an argument of who is better. I myself have decided to forgo that argument and just enjoy the fact that all three are in the league at the same time. Not to mention along side other great young talent in the NHL.

Fixed

lol sorry man
DJDark41
4/2/09 5:58:09PM
In my opinion, I think Ilya Kovalchuk and Marian Gaborik are the two most underrated goal scorers, and 95% of the time they get no recognition when talking about the top offensive players. If they played on teams like Malkin/Crosby have, or like Ovechkin has, they could both EASILY put up the same numbers as the so called "Top 3." Kovalchuk has had 5 consecutive 40 goal seasons, two of which were 50 goal seasons. But, he has never been able to put up the big assists like Crosby/Malkin. And a healthy Marian Gaborik, is a deadly Marian Gaborik. 77 games, 42 goals+41 assists, on a not-so-good team. So far this season, 12 games, 13 points... And interestingly enough, both free agents after this season. It'll be very interesting to see if Gaborik stays with the team that he practically built, and if Kovalchuk will do the same, or move on to a better team to try and win a championship.
Hendo67
4/2/09 6:42:35PM

Posted by DJDark41

In my opinion, I think Ilya Kovalchuk and Marian Gaborik are the two most underrated goal scorers, and 95% of the time they get no recognition when talking about the top offensive players. If they played on teams like Malkin/Crosby have, or like Ovechkin has, they could both EASILY put up the same numbers as the so called "Top 3." Kovalchuk has had 5 consecutive 40 goal seasons, two of which were 50 goal seasons. But, he has never been able to put up the big assists like Crosby/Malkin. And a healthy Marian Gaborik, is a deadly Marian Gaborik. 77 games, 42 goals+41 assists, on a not-so-good team. So far this season, 12 games, 13 points... And interestingly enough, both free agents after this season. It'll be very interesting to see if Gaborik stays with the team that he practically built, and if Kovalchuk will do the same, or move on to a better team to try and win a championship.

I agree, look at the teams they play on...and look at the teams the others play on. Atlanta is not a good team, and they really have no point getters in their line up minus Kovalchuk and Slava...
Minnesota has been a defense first team since they arrived in the NHL. They struggle to score goals, and provide offense...but Marian does that single handed. He had a 5 goal game last year, i think.

Put Marian on an explosive team, and he will be a threat. same with Ilya.
DJDark41
4/4/09 11:36:56AM

Posted by Hendo67
Minnesota has been a defense first team since they arrived in the NHL. They struggle to score goals, and provide offense...but Marian does that single handed. He had a 5 goal game last year, i think.

Put Marian on an explosive team, and he will be a threat. same with Ilya.

Yeah, he scored 5 against the Rangers(I'm a Ranger fan BTW). And it was the single best performance I have ever seen. There was absolutely no stopping Yo Gabba Gabba during that game.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11