Hockey Talk

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Hockey Talk
« Previous Page | Next Page »
zephead
1/15/09 4:31:50PM

Posted by Hendo67

Posted by urbman

Posted by Hendo67

Bruins/Habs tonight, i'm excited. Time for beers and ignorant Habs fans at the bar, should be a good time.
I almost got in a fight last time, i was wearing my Lucic jersey in a heavily Habs favored Bar, it was hilarious.

I called the Habs "Diving Queers" and he took serious offense to it, i just laughed.

LOL ,I'm sure they loved that..

I let them hear it last night, especially when Timmy decked AK, that set me off. Then when Stuart pummeled that visor wearing queer Chipchura, haha.

The Habs fans were crying all night "WE HAVE INJURIES, THATS WHY YOU WON!"
Hello, choad choppers, We're without Lucic, Ference, Lucic and Sturm and still 12 points ahead of you guys.

DAMN!!!!!!!!! Lucic that good you had to mention him twice on the injury report?
cmill21
1/15/09 4:59:29PM
Is Chicago still doing well?
urbman
1/15/09 6:51:54PM

Posted by cmill21

Is Chicago still doing well?

They have a pretty high powered offense,and two good goaltenders,which I believe is causing a little bit of a problem there, because I think they'd like to settle on one of them.And yes, they're still playing pretty well.
zephead
1/18/09 8:45:39AM
Caps took down the Bruins again
DJDark41
1/18/09 1:09:42PM
OH MY GOD. I haven't been on here in a few days(since my post about the terrible refs calling that dive on Naslund). Now guess what I am here to complain about? F**KING REFS! The Rangers vs Blackhawks game was supposed to be a battle between two hard hitting, very talented teams, who are both hot right now. And what happens? The Rangers end up shorthanded 11 times, including five 5 v 3 situations, and three of those were for 1 minute 30 seconds or longer. Yes, some of the penalties needed to be called. But Rozsival got a 4 minute double minor for high sticking, when clearly in the replay, he hits NOBODY. Sometimes, you just need to let them play. I have no problem with EVERYTHING getting called, but call it for both teams. There were times when the Hawks had players mugging the Rangers in the corners and jumping on them, with no calls. Then Staal stiffarms someone, and gets 2 minutes for HOLDING, plus a 10 minute misconduct, which eventually led to Girardi getting injured, and Rozsival getting a penalty, leaving us with 3 defensemen to kill penalties. IT IS ABSOLUTE GARBAGE. FIRE THESE DAMN REFS AND GET PEOPLE WHO AREN'T BLIND.
Hendo67
1/18/09 3:28:09PM

Posted by zephead

Not hard to do when we're missing, Sturm, Kessel, Ference, Ward and Lucic, lol.
zephead
1/18/09 4:26:05PM

Posted by Hendo67

Posted by zephead

When we beat you earlier in the year, we were missing 5 regular players. It's hockey. The Caps have lost the most man game to injuries, over 200 games missed, in the NHL and have dressed 34 players so far this year. We are a deep org. right now. Finally
Hendo67
1/18/09 6:12:22PM

Posted by zephead

Posted by Hendo67

Posted by zephead

When we beat you earlier in the year, we were missing 5 regular players. It's hockey. The Caps have lost the most man game to injuries in the NHL and have dressed 34 players so far this year. We are a deep org. right now. Finally

And we are EXTREMELY deep as well, but our depth is injured.
Our top line, which is Kessel, Savard and Lucic is now Kobasew, Savard and Axlesson.
Our second line is basically the same (Wheeler, Krejci and Ryder) and our 3rd line is absolutely trashed out. It should be Axlesson, Bergeron and Sturm but it's St.Pierre, Yelle and Bitz, lol.
DJDark41
1/19/09 1:50:03PM

Posted by zephead
The Caps have lost the most man game to injuries, over 200 games missed, in the NHL and have dressed 34 players so far this year. We are a deep org. right now. Finally

The New York Islanders and their 260+ games lost would like to say hi. Washington only has about 220 games lost. Luckily for the Caps, they haven't lost their most important player, the Islanders without DiPietro have no chance to ever win a game. And, the Isles are not a very deep organization, so they are pretty much f**ked.
zephead
1/19/09 3:01:16PM

Posted by DJDark41

Posted by zephead
The Caps have lost the most man game to injuries, over 200 games missed, in the NHL and have dressed 34 players so far this year. We are a deep org. right now. Finally

The New York Islanders and their 260+ games lost would like to say hi. Washington only has about 220 games lost. Luckily for the Caps, they haven't lost their most important player, the Islanders without DiPietro have no chance to ever win a game. And, the Isles are not a very deep organization, so they are pretty much f**ked.

My bad. I didn't think the Islanders caught us. We haven't lost Ovy for a big chunk, but we had 9 AHLers dressed with are goalie being a 20 YO with 10 games of experience in North America. When this team gets everybody back, still missing Poti and Morrisson, they should really get on a roll.

We finally have depth. Something we haven't ever had. To win 12 out 13 with the M*A*S*H* unti we were putting out there was something to watch. Playing the ISlanders right now and damn, they are hurting
zephead
1/19/09 4:52:40PM
Caps pull a squeaker out. Beat the Islanders 2-1. Ovy with both Caps goal. The second one a game winner in OT. He now leads the league in goals
DJDark41
1/19/09 7:26:32PM

Posted by zephead

Caps pull a squeaker out. Beat the Islanders 2-1. Ovy with both Caps goal. The second one a game winner in OT. He now leads the league in goals

Isles played VERY hard though. It just seems like no matter how hard they play they just can't get it done. If they had one or two really good players, even someone like a Naslund, a Sundin, or someone along those lines, who isn't a phenominal player but can finish off scoring chances, they would be a much better team. The Rangers were predicted to have a similar problem after Jagr and Shanahan left, in that no one thought we would have a finisher. Lo and behold, Drury steps up, Zherdev steps up and Naslund steps up, and we have ourselves three tremendous players.
Boo_Radley21
1/20/09 4:37:32PM

Posted by DJDark41

Posted by zephead

Isles played VERY hard though. It just seems like no matter how hard they play they just can't get it done. If they had one or two really good players, even someone like a Naslund, a Sundin, or someone along those lines, who isn't a phenominal player but can finish off scoring chances, they would be a much better team. The Rangers were predicted to have a similar problem after Jagr and Shanahan left, in that no one thought we would have a finisher. Lo and behold, Drury steps up, Zherdev steps up and Naslund steps up, and we have ourselves three tremendous players.

Speaking of Shannahan, its nice seeing him back on the Devils, and nice to see him get the first goal in his first game with the team.
Hendo67
1/20/09 5:23:05PM
I rarely get pumped for hockey games when it isn't the Bruins, but tonights San Jose vs Vancouver game should be a thrill, thrill because it's the Sharks...and Claude Lemieux will be dressed to play.
I hope to hell San Jose lights up the Nucks tonight via i dislike LOL'uongo with a passion.

Also, for those who are interested in the All-star game (i'm not one to get pumped for the game, i like the skills however)

Hardest Shot
Zdeno Chara (Boston Bruins)
Sheldon Souray (Edmonton Oilers)
Vincent Lecavalier (Tampa Bay Lightning)
Mike Komisarek (Montreal Canadiens)
Shea Weber (Nashville Predators)
Mark Streit (NY Islanders)

Fastest Skater
Jeff Carter (Philadelphia Flyers)
Zach Parise (New Jersey Devils)
Jay Bouwmeester (Florida Panthers)
Brian Campbell (Chicago Black Hawks)

Breakaway Challenge
Alexander Ovechkin (Washington Capitals)
Alex Kovalev (Montreal Canadiens)
Sidney Crosby (Pittsburgh Penguins)
Ryan Getzlaf (Anaheim Ducks)
Patrick Kane (Chicago Black Hawks)

Accuracy Shooting
Tomas Kaberle (Toronto Maple Leafs)
Marc Savard (Boston Bruins)
Mike Modano (Dallas Stars)
Ilya Kovalchuk (Atlanta Thrashers)
Jonathan Toews (Chicago Black Hawks)
Evgeni Malkin (Pittsburgh Penguins)
Jarome Iglina (Calgary Flames)
Dany Heatley (Ottawa Senators)

Goaltenders for these events...

Tim Thomas (Boston Bruins)
Niklas Backstrom (Minnesota Wild)
Henrik Lundqvist (NY Rangers)
Carey Price (Montreal Canadiens)
Roberto Luongo (Vancouver Canucks)
Jean Sebastian Giguere (Anaheim Ducks)

DJDark41
1/20/09 8:09:35PM
Hardest Shot

Fastest Skater

Breakaway Challenge

Accuracy Shooting

My predicted winners in bold.
FlashyG
1/20/09 9:53:10PM

Posted by Hendo67

Breakaway Challenge

No Datsyuk? Thats blasphemous....thats like having a HR derby without Bonds...or a Dunk contest without Jordan.

Hendo67
1/20/09 10:22:10PM
Hardest Shot

Fastest Skater

Breakaway Challenge

Accuracy Shooting
DJDark41
1/21/09 7:31:06PM

Posted by FlashyG

No Datsyuk? Thats blasphemous....thats like having a HR derby without Bonds...or a Dunk contest without Jordan.

Datsyuk is "injured" and won't even be playing in the All-Star Game.
urbman
1/22/09 12:00:20AM
I'm a bit surprised to see C.Price will be in the net in some of these events, being as he just recently returned from being injured.I think the habs are taking a little bit of a risk allowing him to participate.
cmill21
1/22/09 2:51:47AM

Posted by urbman

I'm a bit surprised to see C.Price will be in the net in some of these events, being as he just recently returned from being injured.I think the habs are taking a little bit of a risk allowing him to participate.

It's in MTL, and it's their 100th anniversary so thats probably why. Yes it is a huge risk though.
urbman
1/23/09 9:45:19PM
I wasn't aware of that,that makes alot of sense though.Thanks for the info..
Boo_Radley21
1/25/09 11:39:03PM
Good allstar game. I knew the east would take it, but I wasn't expecting it to go to a shootout.
DJDark41
1/26/09 7:03:07PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Good allstar game. I knew the east would take it, but I wasn't expecting it to go to a shootout.

It was a fantastic game. Somehow Lundqvist sucked during his turn in goal, but Tim Thomas had a fantastic game.
urbman
1/27/09 3:50:51AM
I can only imagine the mind set of a goalie going into the all star game,he must be thinking its going to the shootout for all 3 periods.
Hendo67
1/27/09 2:47:07PM
Timmy when competitive is the best in the league, so clutch, I loved his OT game saver on Iglina.
Also, wtf@habs fans actually cheering Bruins?
urbman
1/27/09 7:02:43PM
It was probably more like they were cheering their Eastern teammates, LOL
zephead
2/19/09 1:26:28PM
Ovy does it again. His goal against the Canadians last night was awesome. He is now leading the league in goals and is just 7 points behind Malkin for the league lead in points. Looks like another 60 goal season isn't out of the question.

Another "The Goal"
evan9eleven
2/19/09 1:43:04PM

Posted by zephead

Ovy does it again. His goal against the Canadians last night was awesome. He is now leading the league in goals and is just 7 points behind Malkin for the league lead in points. Looks like another 60 goal season isn't out of the question.

Another "The Goal"

The bank off the boards is so fcuking wow!!
evan9eleven
2/19/09 1:46:11PM
as much as I hate the Flames this is save of the year fo sho.

LINK
DJDark41
2/19/09 2:32:39PM
Why does it seem like goalies can never make a save when the shooter is falling down/sliding on the ice?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11