Hockey Talk

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Hockey Talk
« Previous Page | Next Page »
Aaronno9
1/4/09 9:44:51AM

Posted by zephead

Posted by cmill21

Posted by zephead

Crosby at it again. This time he jumps someone at the faceoff and kept his visor on

LINK

Well Ovy's hammer fists weren't anything to write home about lol.

That was Semin. At least he fought the guy straight up

I bet if it was Crosby youd still be bitching about it though.....
D0wnUnd6e6r
1/4/09 10:29:56AM
GOOOOOO TEEEEAAAAM CANADA!!!!! PREVAILS IN THE SHOOTOUTS!!!!
DJDark41
1/4/09 1:42:57PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by zephead

Posted by cmill21

Posted by zephead

Crosby at it again. This time he jumps someone at the faceoff and kept his visor on

LINK

As a Ranger fan, I'm not upset about what Semin did. Marc Staal went after him, and Semin stood up for himself(although he did it in a very girly fashion). I was more impressed by Chris Clark going after Wade Redden, and seeing Redden drop Clark with one solid right to the jaw. DON'T F*CK WITH WADE REDDEN!
zephead
1/4/09 8:48:36PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by zephead

Posted by cmill21

Posted by zephead

LINK

When you act like a man, I have no problem with it. Junkpunching and jumping someone, I have a problem with it.

Caps are 3-0 against the Rangers this year. Clark got dropped, but the one I was really waiting for was, Orr to try The Donald.
DJDark41
1/5/09 2:14:50PM

Posted by zephead
Caps are 3-0 against the Rangers this year. Clark got dropped, but the one I was really waiting for was, Orr to try The Donald.

I KNOW RIGHT?! You figure, we play each other like, 4 times a year... they would fight EVENTUALLY. But no, they sit back and let the lightweights fight. I mean, Brashear and Shanahan went at it last year, and Shanahan held his own and really helped spark the Rangers and got them out of a losing streak. But Orr vs Brashear would be awesome to see. I went to a Rangers/Caps game last season, and I was so upset that Brashear and Orr didn't fight, because they were so close to fighting a few times.

DCRage
1/5/09 2:45:31PM
Don't have time to post links right now (it's on Yahoo Sports though) but I read about how some leagues are re-thinking rules on fighting and helmets after a 21-year-old player in Canada died over the weekend from injuries when the back of his head hit the ice during a fight in a game last month. The funeral was earlier today. Very tragic story although, from all the games & fights I've seen, it sounds to me like a very rare freak occurence and not something that happens regularly in hockey fights.
king_katool
1/5/09 3:32:12PM

Posted by DCRage

Don't have time to post links right now (it's on Yahoo Sports though) but I read about how some leagues are re-thinking rules on fighting and helmets after a 21-year-old player in Canada died over the weekend from injuries when the back of his head hit the ice during a fight in a game last month. The funeral was earlier today. Very tragic story although, from all the games & fights I've seen, it sounds to me like a very rare freak occurence and not something that happens regularly in hockey fights.

ye DC it is a VERY freak accident, this incident was very close to where i live and i heard on the news the last reported incident like this was in the 70's, not too far away from this incident, i guess us in ontario like our hockey fights
nastshabast
1/5/09 3:51:42PM

Posted by king_katool

Posted by DCRage

ye DC it is a VERY freak accident, this incident was very close to where i live and i heard on the news the last reported incident like this was in the 70's, not too far away from this incident, i guess us in ontario like our hockey fights

i think it was like 1904. I think it's stupid if they overreact to this.
urbman
1/6/09 2:32:11PM

Posted by DJDark41

Posted by zephead

I KNOW RIGHT?! You figure, we play each other like, 4 times a year... they would fight EVENTUALLY. But no, they sit back and let the lightweights fight. I mean, Brashear and Shanahan went at it last year, and Shanahan held his own and really helped spark the Rangers and got them out of a losing streak. But Orr vs Brashear would be awesome to see. I went to a Rangers/Caps game last season, and I was so upset that Brashear and Orr didn't fight, because they were so close to fighting a few times.

How big is Orr?I know Brashear is a heavyweight.I've seen Orr fight,and he can really handle himself,but was just wondering how big he was? Thanks..
zephead
1/6/09 3:35:14PM

Posted by urbman

Posted by DJDark41

Posted by zephead

How big is Orr?I know Brashear is a heavyweight.I've seen Orr fight,and he can really handle himself,but was just wondering how big he was? Thanks..

Orr's listed at 6'3" 220lbs.

Here's a scrap with The Donald
Hendo67
1/6/09 5:56:51PM
Orr is a big guy, apparently he packed on like 15 more lbs, he's around 230/235 now.

Stoked for the game vs Minny tonight, WAR LUCIC!
jiujitsufreak74
1/6/09 7:02:26PM

Posted by Hendo67

Orr is a big guy, apparently he packed on like 15 more lbs, he's around 230/235 now.

Stoked for the game vs Minny tonight, WAR LUCIC!

he is seriously my favorite NHL player. i didn't know anyone else was a fan...good to see i'm not alone
Hendo67
1/6/09 10:29:09PM
I'm a die hard Bruins fan, haha.
12 B's jerseys, my room is basically decked out with strange Bruins things (lunch box, flags, drum sticks, dvds, stickers)
Too bad we lost tonight, oh well...Backstrom was so solid in net.
jiujitsufreak74
1/6/09 10:31:58PM

Posted by Hendo67

12 B's jerseys, my room is basically decked out with strange Bruins things (lunch box, flags, drum sticks, dvds, stickers)

i honestly think Backstrom is the best goalie in the NHL...with Thomas and Fernandez right behind him of course
EvenFlow
1/6/09 10:39:39PM

Posted by DJDark41

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by zephead

Posted by cmill21

Posted by zephead

LINK

As a Ranger fan, I'm not upset about what Semin did. Marc Staal went after him, and Semin stood up for himself(although he did it in a very girly fashion). I was more impressed by Chris Clark going after Wade Redden, and seeing Redden drop Clark with one solid right to the jaw. DON'T F*CK WITH WADE REDDEN!

You mean this Redden Vs Clark
Hendo67
1/6/09 10:45:01PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by Hendo67

i honestly think Backstrom is the best goalie in the NHL...with Thomas and Fernandez right behind him of course

Backstrom is a top 3/4 goalie in the league for sure.
I'm a giant Nabokov fan, i rank em...Nabby, Backstrom, Lundqvist, Manny
right now...
when Luongo and Brodeur are healthy they'll be in there as well.
DCRage
1/7/09 8:43:08AM
Looks like this hasn't been mentioned yet, but it seems Mike Tyson took over Jarkko Ruutu in last night's Sens-Sabres game:

Story (video clip too)

Comes at about the 5-6 second mark (only a 20 second clip). That's a first.
Hendo67
1/7/09 1:11:16PM
Peters is such a skunk, though.
urbman
1/7/09 2:39:12PM

Posted by Hendo67

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by Hendo67

Backstrom is a top 3/4 goalie in the league for sure.
I'm a giant Nabokov fan, i rank em...Nabby, Backstrom, Lundqvist, Manny
right now...
when Luongo and Brodeur are healthy they'll be in there as well.

Those guys are great goalies,however I think Luongo(when healthy)is the top goaltender in the NHL.Along with the previous guys mentioned I think Khabibulin is also a top guy when on his game.
Hendo67
1/7/09 3:28:42PM
Luongo is somewhat of a choad, in my opinion, he dives quite a bit and over sells contact. However, he is a great goalie, sometimes he can be very inconsistent.
Aaronno9
1/10/09 11:32:54PM
What a depressing month. Top 2 players in points in the league, on a run of 7 defeats from 8
D0wnUnd6e6r
1/11/09 10:01:32AM
WOOOOO what a game, took washington down in the last 30 secs. GO HABS GO
zephead
1/11/09 2:29:49PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Very sloppy game and that "hooking" call on Sloan to give the Habs a 5-3 was horrible. I have yet to see the hook. The diving call on Ovy was horrible. The NHL has to do something abou this ifficiating. They are the wrost in sports
DJDark41
1/12/09 3:17:13PM

Posted by zephead

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Very sloppy game and that "hooking" call on Sloan to give the Habs a 5-3 was horrible. I have yet to see the hook. The diving call on Ovy was horrible. The NHL has to do something abou this ifficiating. They are the wrost in sports

Anyone see the "diving" call that Markus Naslund got after being boarded/cross-checked/hit from behind by Nick Foligno? Naslund had his face towards the boards, and was about a foot away, and Foligno gave him a cross-check right to the upper back and sent him face-first into the boards, and the ref decided that Naslund took a dive. Its absolutely garbage. Luckily the call made no difference in the game, but you never know when a garbage call can blow the game for you, and there is nothing that can be done about it. I have no problem with the calls that are made, what bothers me more is the inconsistency with which they are made. If you are going to call it once, then call it EVERY TIME, or don't call it at all.
urbman
1/12/09 4:42:09PM

Posted by DJDark41

Posted by zephead

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Anyone see the "diving" call that Markus Naslund got after being boarded/cross-checked/hit from behind by Nick Foligno? Naslund had his face towards the boards, and was about a foot away, and Foligno gave him a cross-check right to the upper back and sent him face-first into the boards, and the ref decided that Naslund took a dive. Its absolutely garbage. Luckily the call made no difference in the game, but you never know when a garbage call can blow the game for you, and there is nothing that can be done about it. I have no problem with the calls that are made, what bothers me more is the inconsistency with which they are made. If you are going to call it once, then call it EVERY TIME, or don't call it at all.

DJDark41
1/12/09 6:15:27PM
If I could find a video somewhere I would post it, but it doesn't seem to be anywhere. It was such an awful call.
urbman
1/12/09 11:56:57PM
We all know how the officiating is in the NHL,there's pretty much different rules for the 3rd period of any close game.The refs swallow their whistles for the most part after the 2nd period unless its something blatant,and they have no other choice.
Hendo67
1/13/09 1:06:31PM
Bruins/Habs tonight, i'm excited. Time for beers and ignorant Habs fans at the bar, should be a good time.
I almost got in a fight last time, i was wearing my Lucic jersey in a heavily Habs favored Bar, it was hilarious.

I called the Habs "Diving Queers" and he took serious offense to it, i just laughed.
urbman
1/13/09 3:54:33PM

Posted by Hendo67

Bruins/Habs tonight, i'm excited. Time for beers and ignorant Habs fans at the bar, should be a good time.
I almost got in a fight last time, i was wearing my Lucic jersey in a heavily Habs favored Bar, it was hilarious.

I called the Habs "Diving Queers" and he took serious offense to it, i just laughed.

LOL ,I'm sure they loved that..
Hendo67
1/14/09 10:44:47PM

Posted by urbman

Posted by Hendo67

LOL ,I'm sure they loved that..

I let them hear it last night, especially when Timmy decked AK, that set me off. Then when Stuart pummeled that visor wearing queer Chipchura, haha.

The Habs fans were crying all night "WE HAVE INJURIES, THATS WHY YOU WON!"
Hello, choad choppers, We're without Lucic, Ference, Lucic and Sturm and still 12 points ahead of you guys.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11