Hockey Talk

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Hockey Talk
« Previous Page
DJDark41
6/13/09 11:06:32AM
Gratz to the Penguins, they've worked hard for it.

Poor Marian Hossa. Guess he jumped to the wrong ship, eh?
The_Metal_Maniac
6/13/09 12:46:42PM
king_katool your avatar will be coming soon lol. What a great playoffs, terrific games, and all of the young guns got great exposure.
Aaronno9
6/13/09 1:12:02PM
As happy as I am about the result, im also really shocked. I just couldnt see Detroit loosing at him. Very nervey final 10 minutes to say the least.
The_Metal_Maniac
6/13/09 1:24:14PM

Posted by Aaronno9

As happy as I am about the result, im also really shocked. I just couldnt see Detroit loosing at him. Very nervey final 10 minutes to say the least.

I agree completely, I had a house full watching the game and we were all on edge. You knew Detroit wasn't going to get shut out and that there first goal was inevitable. The final four minutes I may have suffered three minor heart attacks lol.
king_katool
6/14/09 2:33:30AM
i still cant sallow it, yet to gather my actual thought about it yet, im just too devastated still, ill be waiting for the av metal, man of my word
The_Metal_Maniac
6/14/09 1:19:22PM

Posted by king_katool

i still cant sallow it, yet to gather my actual thought about it yet, im just too devastated still, ill be waiting for the av metal, man of my word

I attempted the prop you but I must spread the love. I thoroughly enjoyed our banter and hope to look forward to the rubber match next year. I feel for you bro because I were in similar shoes last year. Anyhow it's been fun.

zephead
6/15/09 5:27:36PM

Posted by king_katool

Your avatar is the worst in the history of avatars. Don't worry though, hopefully in the offseason the owners will get rid of Bettman and everything will be legit
The_Metal_Maniac
6/15/09 7:26:56PM

Posted by zephead

Posted by king_katool

Your avatar is the worst in the history of avatars. Don't worry though, hopefully in the offseason the owners will get rid of Bettman and everything will be legit

Zephead, are you secretly Mel Gibson's character from Conspiracy Theory? I'm pretty sure you are, there's no point in denying it now!

zephead
6/16/09 3:33:25PM

Posted by The_Metal_Maniac

Posted by zephead

Posted by king_katool

Zephead, are you secretly Mel Gibson's character from Conspiracy Theory? I'm pretty sure you are, there's no point in denying it now!

Yes, I'm in his camp, too many fishy things are happening in the NHL in the last couple of years. Just think about it
DCRage
6/19/09 6:41:20AM
Lots of hardware handed out last night, the NHL Awards winners:
Hart (MVP): Alexander Ovechkin
Vezina (Goalie): Tim Thomas
Norris (Defenseman): Zdeno Chara (UPSET! Lidstrom didn't win)
Lady Byng (Sportsmanship/Gentlemanly conduct): Pavel Datsyuk
Selke (Defensive forward): Datsyuk
Adams (Coach): Claude Julien, Boston
Pearson (MVP, voted on by players): Ovechkin
Masterson (player "who best exemplifies the qualities of perseverance, sportsmanship and dedication to hockey"): Steve Sullivan
Scotiabank NHL Fan Fav (new this year): Roberto Luongo
Calder (ROY): Steve Mason
Ross (Most total points): Evgeni Malkin
Richard (Most goals): Ovechkin
Jennings (Goalies of team allowing fewest goals, minimum 25 games played): Thomas, Manny Fernandez
King Clancy (Charity work): Ethan Moreau, Montreal
NHL Foundation Player Award: Rick Nash
Lifetime Achievement: Jean Beliveau

First All-Star Team: Thomas, Mike Green, Chara, Malkin, Jarome Iginla, Ovechkin
Second All-Star Team: Mason, Lidstrom, Dan Boyle, Datsyuk, Marian Hossa, Zach Parise

All-Rookie Team: Mason, Bobby Ryan, Kris Versteeg, Drew Doughty, Patrik Berglund, Luke Schenn
zephead
6/19/09 10:20:00PM

Posted by DCRage

Masterson (player "who best exemplifies the qualities of perseverance, sportsmanship and dedication to hockey"): Steve Sullivan
Jennings (Goalies of team allowing fewest goals, minimum 25 games played): Thomas, Manny Fernandez

Second All-Star Team: Mason, Lidstrom, Dan Boyle, Datsyuk, Marian Hossa, Zach Parise

All-Rookie Team: Mason, Bobby Ryan, Kris Versteeg, Drew Doughty, Patrik Berglund, Luke Schenn

Ovy is racking up the awards. The Conn Smythe is next. He has won the Calder, 2 Harts, 2 Pearsons, 2 Richards and a Roos Trophy in 4 years. He has also been named to the NHL First Team All Stars all 4 years. The first player to do that since 1947.
The_Metal_Maniac
6/20/09 6:26:03AM

Posted by zephead

Posted by DCRage

Ovy is racking up the awards. The Conn Smythe is next. He has won the Calder, 2 Harts, 2 Pearsons, 2 Richards and a Roos Trophy in 4 years. He has also been named to the NHL First Team All Stars all 4 years. The first player to do that since 1947.

Awards are nice, no doubt about that. They look pretty resting on the mantle at home, and their a sure fire way to get some chicks. "Hey, I'm the two time consecutive NHL MVP." I personally would give up the awards for the title of the youngest captain to ever hoist Lord Stanleys cup. Ovy will have a hard time getting the Conn Smythe next year because the Pens will continue their to build upon their dynasty. I truly love being a 100% biased sports fan ! lol
DJDark41
6/20/09 11:59:19AM

Posted by The_Metal_Maniac
Ovy will have a hard time getting the Conn Smythe next year because the Pens will continue their to build upon their dynasty. I truly love being a 100% biased sports fan ! lol

As much as I hate the Penguins, I have to agree. The Capitals don't have much salary room, and unless Varlamov suddenly turns into Martin Brodeur next season, they won't get very far in the playoffs. While Ovechkin and Green are absolute powerhouses in terms of offense, they aren't enough to win the Cup. Fedorov is almost done, and who knows what's going to happen with guys like Semin, Fehr, Clark, Fleischmann, etc. As far as the Penguins go, they have nothing to change. Don't fix it if it isn't broken.
DCRage
8/4/09 12:40:22PM
Recent, I presume-and funny at times-Ovechkin interview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IM-0s1HSw0&feature=player_embedded
DJDark41
8/5/09 5:55:35PM
Rangers let Zherdev walk away!

Good riddance. I've run out of tolerance for players who don't play defense and have no heart. I will take the Callahan's and Dubinsky's of the NHL over the Zherdev's anyday. Zherdev is a fantastic talent, and with the right guidance, he could be an amazing offensive player. But with a lack of defense and an apparent lack of determination, I don't want him around. It would have been better to sign/trade him, but this gives us about $6 million in cap space I believe, which is more then enough to resign Dubinsky+a decent player(Alex Tanguay/Petr Sykora?). Rangers season looking bright. I can't wait to see Gaborik make his Broadway debut.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]