MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Hockey Talk
« Previous Page | Next Page »
The_Metal_Maniac
6/4/09 10:29:09AM

Posted by king_katool

Posted by The_Metal_Maniac

Posted by king_katool

Posted by DJDark41

The officiating was absolutely atrocious. I like games where the refs let the players play, and don't call every little thing. But having 6 men on the ice for 20+ seconds is completely unacceptable. I could understand not calling a too many men penalty if it was just a line change or whatever, that happens. BUT SIX SKATERS MOVING AROUND, IN THE PLAY, IS 100% A PENALTY! How it does not get spotted is beyond me.

excatly it wasnt a sloppy change all 6 guys were looking to play the puck, i was screaming at my tv for about 15 secs of the 6 on 5, the refs are soooo bad its a little funny sometimes, all in all it wasnt a bad game the pens deserved the win, the last penalty was going on all game so it was kinda weird i thought that they called it but w.e it is still a penalty,

cant wait for game 4, looking like dats will be back should be a huge boost morale wise and both on offensive and defense, our PK and PP, ill be happy if we head back to D with a 3-1 lead,

The 6 on 5 was ridiculous how as a referee do you not notice that, of course I was glad they didn't get caught. How about Babcock and the rest of the Red Wings bench, they apparently did not notice either. None of the players nor the coaches were yelling at the refs to recognize the penalty, granted it's not their job, but just saying. Everyone one in Mellon arena must have been suffering from the same mass hallucination lol.

sorry i shouldve mentioned i was yelling at every1 for not noticing it LOL babock included, and lidstrom too, as a coach and a captain its kinda their job to argue things that dont get called IMO but they didnt see it so they couldnt go "hey ref WTF 6 on5?" o well, i still think the pens deserved the game and dont think the refs gave the game too the pens like alot of people do LOL, there is no NHL conspiracy to get the pens to win the cup, yes they are just that good....but Detroit is just that much better

lol o howww I disagree, I believe the Wings are just that more lucky than the Pens. But hey I'm just an extremely biased Pens fan lol. I actually believe whoever wins this game tonight will take the series.
king_katool
6/4/09 1:00:37PM

Posted by king_katool

Posted by king_katool

Posted by DJDark41

The officiating was absolutely atrocious. I like games where the refs let the players play, and don't call every little thing. But having 6 men on the ice for 20+ seconds is completely unacceptable. I could understand not calling a too many men penalty if it was just a line change or whatever, that happens. BUT SIX SKATERS MOVING AROUND, IN THE PLAY, IS 100% A PENALTY! How it does not get spotted is beyond me.

excatly it wasnt a sloppy change all 6 guys were looking to play the puck, i was screaming at my tv for about 15 secs of the 6 on 5, the refs are soooo bad its a little funny sometimes, all in all it wasnt a bad game the pens deserved the win, the last penalty was going on all game so it was kinda weird i thought that they called it but w.e it is still a penalty,

cant wait for game 4, looking like dats will be back should be a huge boost morale wise and both on offensive and defense, our PK and PP, ill be happy if we head back to D with a 3-1 lead,

The 6 on 5 was ridiculous how as a referee do you not notice that, of course I was glad they didn't get caught. How about Babcock and the rest of the Red Wings bench, they apparently did not notice either. None of the players nor the coaches were yelling at the refs to recognize the penalty, granted it's not their job, but just saying. Everyone one in Mellon arena must have been suffering from the same mass hallucination lol.

sorry i shouldve mentioned i was yelling at every1 for not noticing it LOL babock included, and lidstrom too, as a coach and a captain its kinda their job to argue things that dont get called IMO but they didnt see it so they couldnt go "hey ref WTF 6 on5?" o well, i still think the pens deserved the game and dont think the refs gave the game too the pens like alot of people do LOL, there is no NHL conspiracy to get the pens to win the cup, yes they are just that good....but Detroit is just that much better

lol o howww I disagree, I believe the Wings are just that more lucky than the Pens. But hey I'm just an extremely biased Pens fan lol. I actually believe whoever wins this game tonight will take the series.

o howww i am so biased too lol ive been a wings fan since i was 7, when my parents first put me into little league hockey i played for the wings so i just picked them and picked their captain as my fav player(yzerman), as for the pens winning, i think they could do it but i think they need to do it now and within 6 because if it goes to that 7 game i think its all ours, im hoping to win tonight and go back to D with the momentum, 9-1 i believe at home in the playoffs this year, and i love when they win in D but i hate game 7s LOL
zephead
6/4/09 9:53:43PM
Can they make it anymore obvious that they want the Pens to win??
The_Metal_Maniac
6/4/09 9:57:15PM

Posted by zephead

Zephead your avatar is changed, the deal was till after the playoffs.

LETS GO PENS
zephead
6/5/09 6:39:54AM

Posted by zephead

Zephead your avatar is changed, the deal was till after the playoffs.

LETS GO PENS

I thought you said the end of the month
Aaronno9
6/5/09 9:56:52AM
Thank god for referees. I doubt the pens would of even won a single game this season if it wasnt for all the decisons they get and the fact no calls ever get made against them.
The_Metal_Maniac
6/5/09 11:08:10AM
Honestly complaing about the referees after every single game, and I mean every single game is pretty much like beating a dead horse... it serves no purpose. I'm a huge Penguins fan, that's been established. I watch every single game and scrutinize the game play and officiating. I see countless amounts of calls that are never made, or questionable calls that are made towards Both teams night in and night out. It's called officiating most calls are how the referees interprets it, or how they are calling the game. This whole series has been very laxed and few calls have been made. I'm just so tired of hearing about this league wide conspiracy angered fans have drawn up in their delusional minds. The comish, the refs , and Jimmy Hoffa aren't involved with the Penguins trying to obtain a Stanley Cup. lol geeze

urbman
6/5/09 11:52:18AM

Posted by king_katool

Posted by DJDark41

That was funny,the announcers were actually commenting on how the Pens were controlling the offensive zone when they noticed the extra player, LOL
Hendo67
6/5/09 12:20:17PM
Well, sorry to go off topic...

But hell yes, Boston signs Krejci for another 3
king_katool
6/5/09 1:35:21PM

Honestly complaing about the referees after every single game, and I mean every single game is pretty much like beating a dead horse... it serves no purpose. I'm a huge Penguins fan, that's been established. I watch every single game and scrutinize the game play and officiating. I see countless amounts of calls that are never made, or questionable calls that are made towards Both teams night in and night out. It's called officiating most calls are how the referees interprets it, or how they are calling the game. This whole series has been very laxed and few calls have been made. I'm just so tired of hearing about this league wide conspiracy angered fans have drawn up in their delusional minds. The comish, the refs , and Jimmy Hoffa aren't involved with the Penguins trying to obtain a Stanley Cup. lol geeze

from a diehard Wings fan POV i agree with you, i think the ref are just horrible in general and are in no way favoring one team or another, the refs are just str8 up **** IMO
DJDark41
6/5/09 2:39:04PM
Its not a series until the home team loses.

And does the Penguins announcer ALWAYS do cocaine before the games? He comes up with the most random sentences ever. MAKE ME A MILKSHAKE MALKIN! SLAP ME SILLY SIDNEY! Certainly makes the highlights more fun to watch though.
Hendo67
6/5/09 3:04:40PM
Cooking with Malkin

Go to 1:50, it's hilarious.
The_Metal_Maniac
6/5/09 6:00:33PM

Posted by DJDark41

Its not a series until the home team loses.

And does the Penguins announcer ALWAYS do cocaine before the games? He comes up with the most random sentences ever. MAKE ME A MILKSHAKE MALKIN! SLAP ME SILLY SIDNEY! Certainly makes the highlights more fun to watch though.

lol he might actually do cocaine. He's in the hall of fame too, go figure.
Aaronno9
6/6/09 10:09:05PM
Well, tonights game is knocking the credibility out of any refs trying to hand the pens the cup theories. Im glad strikeforce is starting. Exuse to not have to watch the 3rd
DJDark41
6/6/09 10:46:08PM
Penguins took alot of stupid penalties. Sure, there were a handful of calls that could have been let go, but the refs called what they had to. Datsyuk comes back, instant offensive explosion, total defensive shut down. Coincidence? I don't think so.
zephead
6/6/09 10:59:50PM

Posted by DJDark41

Penguins took alot of stupid penalties. Sure, there were a handful of calls that could have been let go, but the refs called what they had to. Datsyuk comes back, instant offensive explosion, total defensive shut down. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Pavel has got to be the best two-way player in the game.
Jeremiah_Johnson
6/7/09 1:09:06AM
Bad game
The_Metal_Maniac
6/7/09 1:09:57AM
A pretty bad all around ass beating tonight for the Pens. Series is still 3-2 it's not over yet. I'm still holding firm to Pens in 7. I guess I would have rather had our asses handed to us and out of reach of a win at the end of the second, than suffer a heart breaking loss with like a minute left to go or something, it's better for me lol. Anyhow looking forward to Tuesdays game big time. Should be awesome... GO PENS!
DJDark41
6/7/09 10:49:43AM

A pretty bad all around ass beating tonight for the Pens. Series is still 3-2 it's not over yet. I'm still holding firm to Pens in 7. I guess I would have rather had our asses handed to us and out of reach of a win at the end of the second, than suffer a heart breaking loss with like a minute left to go or something, it's better for me lol. Anyhow looking forward to Tuesdays game big time. Should be awesome... GO PENS!

Its also much better for the players to get whomped than to lose in the last minute of a game. Going into the 3rd period down by 5, gave the Penguins time to set the groundwork for game 6. Get pucks in deep, no turnovers in the neutral zone, no stupid penalties, etc. But, to lose a game in the last few minutes is a real downer and can easily deflate a team for the rest of the series.
zephead
6/9/09 9:53:06PM
Pens have played penalty free hockey for 40 minutes now. Come on wings, you don't need no steekin PP.
Aaronno9
6/9/09 10:22:20PM
Pens are loosing their composure big time. Silly penalties to give away, I thought Detroit where going to pull it back in that last one.
Aaronno9
6/9/09 10:40:15PM
Wow. A few heart in mouth moments in the 3rd. Fleury saves the day.
iceman69
6/9/09 11:12:34PM
What a game!

The_Metal_Maniac
6/9/09 11:15:31PM

Posted by iceman69

What a game!

Well after I **** myself 4 times and had to resuscitate my brother (iceman69) lol, the Pens pulled that one out. It's going to take an A+ game to win in Detroit on Friday, but I can not wait! I'll be praying to the hockey gods for the next few days. BRING THE CUP BACK TO THE BURGH!

LETS GO PENS!

DCRage
6/10/09 10:17:15AM
Semi-bold offseason prediction: Detroit's big offseason pickup will be Dany Heatley. He wants out of Ottawa via trade, preferably to a West team. His cap hit's significant for any takers ($7.5 million per year for 5 years) but I can see the Wings being their usual savvy selves and getting him.
The_Metal_Maniac
6/10/09 10:55:17AM

Posted by DCRage

Semi-bold offseason prediction: Detroit's big offseason pickup will be Dany Heatley. He wants out of Ottawa via trade, preferably to a West team. His cap hit's significant for any takers ($7.5 million per year for 5 years) but I can see the Wings being their usual savvy selves and getting him.

If they were able to get Heatley they wouldn't be able to resign Hossa. I could see them letting Hossa walk and then attempting to land Heatley but do they have enough to offer Ottawa? Detroit has many offseason moves they need to address. Samuelson, Hudler, Draper, Maltby.. etc. Hossa should be their primary goal. I see Heatley being dealt to LA, Montreal, or NY Rangers. Should be a great offseason.
DJDark41
6/10/09 2:13:04PM

Posted by DCRage

If they were able to get Heatley they wouldn't be able to resign Hossa. I could see them letting Hossa walk and then attempting to land Heatley but do they have enough to offer Ottawa? Detroit has many offseason moves they need to address. Samuelson, Hudler, Draper, Maltby.. etc. Hossa should be their primary goal. I see Heatley being dealt to LA, Montreal, or NY Rangers. Should be a great offseason.

I would take Hossa over Heatley anyday. Hossa has become a great two way player since coming to Detroit, and I just don't think Heatley can fit into a multi-purpose role. And the Rangers don't have the cap room for him, unless they dump Drury/do alot of little moves(which I'm fine with). I don't know about Montreal or LA. I don't think Heatley wants to bomb in the regular season anymore. I could definitely see him going to a team like Minnesota, or Edmonton. A team that is almost there, but just can't get over the hump and into the playoffs to make a solid run.
DCRage
6/12/09 8:17:36AM
Heatley just had an off year last year, points-wise it was his worst since his rookie year (only 72 last year) and his rating was unusually low otherwise he put up his usual solid numbers. A change to the West should, at the very least, get him back to 40-40 next year, maybe even 50-50.

NHL game covers for the next version are out:

Official announcement today. Same cover for all versions (also for PS2, PS3, Wii and PC)

Not official but expected to be the final product. Xbox & PS3 only.
Aaronno9
6/12/09 10:56:32PM
The_Metal_Maniac
6/12/09 11:00:19PM
The whole series I said Pens in 7, and it came true. Such a great feeling. LETS GO PENS!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11