Hockey Talk

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Hockey Talk
Next Page »
zephead
12/1/08 5:49:35PM
We'll try and keep this one clean
DCRage
12/1/08 6:13:46PM
Did I miss Donald Brashear dropping the gloves AGAIN? Bogus.
iwannabesedated
12/1/08 6:55:58PM

Posted by DCRage

I wonder what ever happened to him.

Brashear,Laraque,Worrell....Dont mess with black dudes thats play hockey.

Wasnt Brashear the one who got hit with the stick on the head by Marty Mcsorley??
DCRage
12/1/08 6:58:10PM
Trying to remember, I wanted to say it was that Moore guy (Steve Moore?) but I think that was the Todd Bertuzzi incident. Brashear has been in Washington the last 2-3 seasons and is the enforcer on the team, specifically the Ovechkin line I think.
iwannabesedated
12/1/08 7:05:57PM
I just read it was Mcsorley who hit him.Mcsorley claimed he wanted to hit him in the shoulder to start a fight..Got 15 Months Probation and no jail time.

Bertuzzi pretty much tackled Moore from back and Moore hit face first on the ice and i believe injured his neck.
zephead
12/1/08 7:34:21PM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Posted by DCRage

I wonder what ever happened to him.

Brashear,Laraque,Worrell....Dont mess with black dudes thats play hockey.

Wasnt Brashear the one who got hit with the stick on the head by Marty Mcsorley??

Yes, that was McSorley who dealt that blow.
cmill21
12/1/08 7:35:24PM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

I just read it was Mcsorley who hit him.Mcsorley claimed he wanted to hit him in the shoulder to start a fight..Got 15 Months Probation and no jail time.

Bertuzzi pretty much tackled Moore from back and Moore hit face first on the ice and i believe injured his neck.

Thats up for debate IMO, sure Bert took him down and it was dirty, but the neck injury was probably from the 10 players who piled on after the fact lol.
zephead
12/1/08 7:36:17PM
Brashears is the Caps enforcer, but he doesn't skate on Ovy's line.
zephead
12/1/08 7:37:34PM
Bertuzzi pile drived Moore's head into the ground. What Bertuzzi and McSorley did were punk moves.
iwannabesedated
12/1/08 7:39:26PM

I was reading about Brashear..reminded me of the Philly/Sens game that broke out into an all out brawl...I think Brashear set the record for most PIMS in a game.

Not sure if any of you get FSN Pittsburgh to watch any Pens games but this season when they played the Canucks the first 3 minutes had 3 semi-fights and 2 game misconducts/ejections..It was the most intense 3 minutes to start a game i've seen this season..The only thing better was coming back on the Wings being down 3 goals in the 3rd period.
iwannabesedated
12/1/08 7:42:47PM

Posted by zephead

Brashears is the Caps enforcer, but he doesn't skate on Ovy's line.

WE Need Godard Vs Brashear...Im sure if teams we're head hunting Ovy they would stick Brashear out there with Ovy..Not saying Ovy cant defend himself but every star has his goon...Like last season we had Laraque to split heads when they went after Sid...this year we Got Godard,and Bissonette<---- doesnt see much ice time anymore but the dude is a beast...He had like 26 fights in 35 games in the minor last year..Played a few games this year and whopped mad ass.but lacks other more important skills..

has all the Pens Fights from this season...Godard is a machine.

Link to Pens fights
zephead
12/1/08 8:01:47PM
No question Goodard can throw. He KO'ed Erskine for about 5 games last year. I'm hoping they, Brashear and Goodard, drop them this year
iwannabesedated
12/1/08 8:23:29PM

Posted by zephead

No question Goodard can throw. He KO'ed Erskine for about 5 games last year. I'm hoping they, Brashear and Goodard, drop them this year

I'm waiting for Malkin and Ovy to drop em with each other..Everyones focus is Crosby/Ovy but when you read the stories the real rivalry is Ovy/Geno..Can't wait for the all star game Imagine that PP Crosby,Geno,Ovy,Green,Markov..Killer
The_Metal_Maniac
12/1/08 8:31:30PM
How on earth does a post about dead baby jokes stay on the padded room forum, yet heated hockey debates get deleted. Their judgment used in deciding which posts stay or go, apparently lack any sort of meaningful justification. Dead babies are so much more proper compared to sports fans being sports fans. WOW.
zephead
12/1/08 9:12:27PM

Posted by roncomanjason

How on earth does a post about dead baby jokes stay on the padded room forum, yet heated hockey debates get deleted. Their judgment used in deciding which posts stay or go, apparently lack any sort of meaningful justification. Dead babies are so much more proper compared to sports fans being sports fans. WOW.

The Padded Room is what it is. That's why that thread is in there and no where else. You have to be logged in to see the Padded Room. As for the other Hockey Thread, it started to ge a little heated and I deleted it. Plain and simple.
iwannabesedated
12/1/08 9:20:47PM
Badass Pics

Of Course Godard has the most of any player.
zephead
12/1/08 9:25:03PM
I always liked Darren McCarty.
urbman
12/1/08 10:15:55PM
Laraque's a pretty bad boy himself,I think he's currently on montreal.
Aaronno9
12/3/08 7:31:27PM
Score, I found a link for the pens rangers game. Its only about the 5th game ive been able to catch this season, everytime i find a stream nowadays it wont let me watch it from outside the US. They stopped showing it on the channel they used to over here aswell so its hard to get any games now
iwannabesedated
12/3/08 7:34:03PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Score, I found a link for the pens rangers game. Its only about the 5th game ive been able to catch this season, everytime i find a stream nowadays it wont let me watch it from outside the US. They stopped showing it on the channel they used to over here aswell so its hard to get any games now

Yahoo streams a lot of hockey games for free.Theres normally a watch live link next to the scores...Unfortuantley my gay ass work pc;s dont have the new flash player so i can watch it...I just signed up text updates from espn when every goal is scored and the final score.It's free if you have an unlimited text plan if not i goes by your normal rates of your carrier.
iwannabesedated
12/3/08 10:16:11PM
NYR beats the Pens in a shootout.

Atleast we got a point out of it.

Which makes me wonder if i like the whole point for losing in OT or SO of course like tonight i like it when my team gets the point..but is it really needed since your team didnt techninally win? Its kinda like rewarding the loser....Maybe i should look up why it was made to be that way and then i may look at it different.

The_Metal_Maniac
12/3/08 10:18:00PM
The point for losing is the most ridiculous aspect of this sport. If there was no losers point teams would increase the tempo of the game and take more chances in the third period and overtime. Teams who tie in the third period shut it down and play for the losers point. It's a horrible aspect of the game, and one that needs fixed soon.
iwannabesedated
12/3/08 10:25:36PM
As much as i enjoy the shootout.I do agree that if the game ends in a tie after OT they should give 1 point to each team..That or make OT 20 minutes if they're trying to avoid ties and having a team win..Like you said a lot of teams probably look at like it oh well we're still getting a point.
Rush
12/3/08 10:27:21PM

Posted by roncomanjason

The point for losing is the most ridiculous aspect of this sport. If there was no losers point teams would increase the tempo of the game and take more chances in the third period and overtime. Teams who tie in the third period shut it down and play for the losers point. It's a horrible aspect of the game, and one that needs fixed soon.

I don't believe this is the case. Many many teams miss the playoffs due to the fact that they didn't get the extra points for the wins. The way hockey is these days there is no such thing as making it tied in the third and holding on for the extra point. Added to which I don't know how you could assume that a team that just made a comeback wouldn't try to ride the momentum to win the game.

Don't get me wrong I hate the shoot out. I would much rather have the two points split for tied game. But in no way do I think that any team does not try to win in regulation if the score is tied.
D0wnUnd6e6r
12/3/08 10:31:42PM
This hockey thread has no Habs reference yet...

GO HABS GO
The_Metal_Maniac
12/3/08 10:45:34PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by roncomanjason

I don't believe this is the case. Many many teams miss the playoffs due to the fact that they didn't get the extra points for the wins. The way hockey is these days there is no such thing as making it tied in the third and holding on for the extra point. Added to which I don't know how you could assume that a team that just made a comeback wouldn't try to ride the momentum to win the game.

Don't get me wrong I hate the shoot out. I would much rather have the two points split for tied game. But in no way do I think that any team does not try to win in regulation if the score is tied.

Maybe they genuinely do not shut it down per say. However there is no way teams play their hardest more times than not in the third, or for that matter in OT. The losing point is plain and simple dumb. You should never be rewarded for losing. You play to win the game.
jiujitsufreak74
12/4/08 12:36:36AM
i don't understand why Avery got in so much trouble for what he said. i laughed tbh.
cmill21
12/4/08 12:44:52AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

i don't understand why Avery got in so much trouble for what he said. i laughed tbh.

You can't say that shit on tv lol. As soon as I saw the flames were playing the stars I said "Avery's going to talk shit to Phaneuf and get killed", next thing I know he calls he sloppy seconds on tv, he acctually requested the camera to make sure it gets on tv. The worst things in the world are said on the ice, I asked a guy (who I used to be team mates with) where his dad was(his dad left years ago), we won the game and he didn't score so the job was done, but if you say it off the ice it becomes trying to attack someone for no reason other then your a dick. Also had Avery played he would have gotten killed and there would be more back lash.
Rush
12/4/08 7:27:07AM
I wish teams would just not put Avery on their rosters. He this guy gone one season without being an unecessary idiot? And people complained about Tucker. Sheesh!
DCRage
12/4/08 7:45:45AM
The NHL needs to promote the life out of him to liven up the game. He is the NHL's Dennis Rodman, a colorful guy who can perhaps lure in the fan who wants to see more colorful characters who aren't afraid to challenge authority. I remember when Rodman started doing his "I'm Dennis Rodman" schtick years ago, it made the SI cover and I think got the league some more publicity. This is the kind of thing the NHL could use.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11