Hockey Season is Upon Us

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Hockey Season is Upon Us
Qorvus
9/22/08 11:18:05AM
Finally, it's been a looooong summer without Hockey. Thanks god for MMA!

I have the Oilers winning the NW this year...

any other hockey fans here?
thelastking
9/22/08 11:50:16AM
Detroit Red Wings for the repeat they are just too good especially with the addition of hossa bad news for the rest of the league.
Aaronno9
9/22/08 11:52:21AM
When does the season start?
DCRage
9/22/08 12:11:34PM
The preseason has started, Opening Day(s) is October 4-5 with games in Stockholm. North American opener is October 9.

I think Detroit repeats but I want Washington to go all the way, of course. LET'S GO CAPS!
Boo_Radley21
9/22/08 12:40:15PM
Jersey takes the cup this year
RazorRay9
9/23/08 8:00:16PM
YES! Can't wait for the season to start. Hockey fanatic here.
DJDark41
9/23/08 8:08:22PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Red Wings take the cup this year

Fixed.

If no one could stop the Red Wings last year, what makes people think they will be stopped this year, after they only got better? It would be stupid to put Hossa on a line with Datsyuk and Zetterberg, who produced just fine by themselves, which means that there will be much more depth on a team with plenty of depth already. The loss of Hasek is a set back, but with Osgood having a ton of confidence after leading his team to a Stanley Cup, he'll play great this season.

The Rangers have really suprised me, more specifically Aaron Voros. He was really hustling and playing his time of game effectively and clean, which is always a great thing to see from new guys.
The_Metal_Maniac
9/23/08 8:26:15PM

Posted by DJDark41

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Red Wings take the cup this year

Fixed.

If no one could stop the Red Wings last year, what makes people think they will be stopped this year, after they only got better? It would be stupid to put Hossa on a line with Datsyuk and Zetterberg, who produced just fine by themselves, which means that there will be much more depth on a team with plenty of depth already. The loss of Hasek is a set back, but with Osgood having a ton of confidence after leading his team to a Stanley Cup, he'll play great this season.

The Rangers have really suprised me, more specifically Aaron Voros. He was really hustling and playing his time of game effectively and clean, which is always a great thing to see from new guys.

Hope for injuries as bad as that sounds. I'm a bitter Pens fan lol
nastshabast
9/23/08 8:53:29PM
West

Detroit
Dallas
Edmonton
San Jose
Ahnahiem
Chicago
Calgary
Nashville

LA
Pheonix
St Louis
Colorado
Minnesota
Vancouver
Columbus

East

Montreal
Philadelphia
Washington
Pittsburgh
New Jersey
Boston
Tampa Bay
New York Rangers

Toronto
Ottawa
Ney York Ilses
Carolina
Florida
Buffalo
Atlanta

non playoff teams not in order...also I'm100% sure it does not go this way.