Next Page »
zephead
7/1/08 4:06:00PM
Teams are going nuts right now.

Here's the link

Just refresh the page to get the latest
cmill21
7/1/08 4:16:52PM
Heard Chicago's making a huge push for Brian Campbell, they could use a good defenseman, but I would prefer more of a defensive defensman. I also heard Boston made a huge offer to Hossa.
zephead
7/1/08 4:20:55PM
Campbell is a pretty decent twoway D man. Alot more physical then people think. That would be a good move on Hossa'a part unles he really just wants the money
DJDark41
7/1/08 4:34:22PM
Mats Sundin could be coming to the Rangers, which I'm not too happy about. I love Mats Sundin, he's one of my favorites, but with the Rangers needing to sign Shanahan, Jagr and Straka, I don't see the Rangers going for any big time free agents. At best, I'm hoping that the Rangers go with a Selanne/Kariya situation, where two star players take a paycut to come to a team and have a chance at winning. Tampa Bay has done a good job of grabbing negotiating rights to alot of guys, and I think they are gonna make a big improvement this year, especially if they get Stamkos in the line-up right away. I think some of the big guys like Joe Sakic, Markus Naslund, and Jaromir Jagr are going to return to their team, or retire. Interesting note about whoever mentioned Hossa and the Bruins. I've seen rumors that Zdeno Chara(Marian Hossa's ex-teammate of the Ottawa Senators)has been trying to get Hossa into the black n' gold jersey.
zephead
7/1/08 5:03:00PM
THe move that I hate the most tight now, Huet signs with the Hawks and the Caps sign Jose Theodore. uet ask the Caps for 3 year $15 million. McPhee says yes (Caps GM) and then he says he's gonna test the market and gets a 4 year $5.6 mill a year from the Hawks
DCRage
7/1/08 5:23:07PM
Just as bad-Kolzig signs with Tampa Bay. So much for him coming back.
king_katool
7/1/08 5:29:42PM
yess my wings resigned brad stuart ,,, repeat lol
zephead
7/1/08 5:31:14PM
I'm glad Olie is gone. Can wait for the CAps to play them and Olie is in net. 5 hole and high to the glove side. Ovy will score 5 goals a game against Olie. Or as I call him Loaf ( a play on the letters of his name, Olaf)
D0wnUnd6e6r
7/1/08 5:42:01PM

Posted by cmill21

Heard Chicago's making a huge push for Brian Campbell, they could use a good defenseman, but I would prefer more of a defensive defensman. I also heard Boston made a huge offer to Hossa.

Chicago picked up Huet after he got boot from washington...wich is pretty good for chicago man.
cmill21
7/1/08 5:50:48PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by cmill21

Chicago picked up Huet after he got boot from washington...wich is pretty good for chicago man.

Yeah the hawks also just signed Campbell, the best Dman available this year, which I am happy with, but as i said i would have prefered Lindstrom. Huet and Nik will probably rotate until someone separates themselves, Nik better get back into form, he's got it in him he just didn't seem to have the motivation after the cup, and Huet IMO is an upgrade over Lalime.
DJDark41
7/1/08 5:51:01PM
Canucks offer Mats Sundin $10 million a year for two seasons... He might not even play two more season, which would be a HUGE cap hit for the 'Nucks.

FYI Just in! Brian Campbell signs an 8 year contract with the Chicago Blackhawks. DAMN! Blackhaws looking for a playoff spot next year.
cmill21
7/1/08 6:14:05PM

Posted by DJDark41

Canucks offer Mats Sundin $10 million a year for two seasons... He might not even play two more season, which would be a HUGE cap hit for the 'Nucks.

FYI Just in! Brian Campbell signs an 8 year contract with the Chicago Blackhawks. DAMN! Blackhaws looking for a playoff spot next year.

I like the campbell signing, that deal to Sundin is to much IMO, they should go after Hossa if they have that kind of money to throw around.
DJDark41
7/1/08 6:23:03PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by DJDark41

I like the campbell signing, that deal to Sundin is to much IMO, they should go after Hossa if they have that kind of money to throw around.

I agree, especially since if he signed with Vancouver, they would either break up the great chemistry of H/D Sedin and Naslund, or be paying $10 million for a second line center. I don't see Sundin in Vancouver being a good move. Same thing with the Rangers. They went out and signed two big centers, only one of who is playing center. I think the Rangers need to wait and see what happens with Avery, Jags, Shanny and Straka before going after anyone.
DJDark41
7/1/08 7:25:42PM
Brian Campbell gets an 8 year deal worth $56.8 million. $7 million a year... Thats alot for Brian Campbell. Mike Commodore heads to Columbus with a 5 year contract, Brian Rolston heads back to his first NHL team, signing a contract with the Devils worth $5 million a year for 4 years. Still waiting to see what happens with Hossa, Jagr, and Sundin.

New York Rangers (I believe) overpay Michal Rozsival at $5 million a year for 4 years.
cmill21
7/1/08 7:31:54PM

Posted by DJDark41

Brian Campbell gets an 8 year deal worth $56.8 million. $7 million a year... Thats alot for Brian Campbell. Mike Commodore heads to Columbus with a 5 year contract, Brian Rolston heads back to his first NHL team, signing a contract with the Devils worth $5 million a year for 4 years. Still waiting to see what happens with Hossa, Jagr, and Sundin.

New York Rangers (I believe) overpay Michal Rozsival at $5 million a year for 4 years.

Looks like alot of overpaying IMO. People seem to be getting scared and offer whatever it takes to get who they want. I think the Campbell deal is an ok one money wise, the Huet deal is retarted IMHO.
cmill21
7/1/08 7:38:27PM
Rangers just signed Redden for 6.5mil a year.
iwannabesedated
7/1/08 7:45:59PM
Pens made offers to Jagr,Naslund,and Hossa.

Also have interest in Gaborik and Ryder

Updates here all around the league.

Link
Rush
7/1/08 8:29:36PM
Seems like the Avs are picking up our unwanted players in Tucker and Raycroft.

Wellwood went to the Canuks.

We got Finger from the Avs (looks like a decent D man and a young one), Curtis Joseph (what's up with that?) and Niklas Hagman (a 25+ goal scorer that I hope we didn't overpay again)

Looks like Theodore is back in the East going to the Caps.

I don't know where Mats will end up, but I hope it's in the West. Really he should have gone to the Habs at the trade deadline and at least we would have gotten something for him. I guess it's easy to judge with hindsight.
DJDark41
7/2/08 12:29:36PM
Rangers picking up Redden is a great move. Our powerplay wasn't too good last year and our defense is just that, defense. Aside from the occasional goals by Rozsival and Girardi, we didn't have much offense. Mara and Rozsival did a good job quarterbacking the powerplay last year but Redden is really gonna help us out on that.

Boston signs Michael Ryder, $4 million a year for 3 years.
Islanders sign Mark Streit, 5 years, $20.5 million.

Both good signings in positions that the teams needed desperately.
iwannabesedated
7/2/08 12:49:59PM
Red Wings win the Hossa Sweepstakes.

Repeat for Detroit anyone???

That means Pens you better get Naslund or Jagr
DJDark41
7/2/08 1:40:28PM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Ironic that both of those players were originally drafted by the Penguins. I think Detroit gets an epic fail for that signing. Paying Hossa $7 Million+ for ONE YEAR? You had a great team last year, and now your paying your 3rd best forward more then the top 2 forwards. Big mistake giving Hossa that much, and for one year.
DCRage
7/2/08 1:51:27PM
Pens won't sign Jagr again. If he leaves New York it's to head back to Europe. The Hossa signing shows why Detroit, even in the salary cap era, is the premier team in the NHL. They spot the top talent available and find a way to get it. Now they just have to stay healthy, which generally isn't a problem with a couple exceptions.
iwannabesedated
7/2/08 2:07:35PM

Posted by DJDark41

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Ironic that both of those players were originally drafted by the Penguins. I think Detroit gets an epic fail for that signing. Paying Hossa $7 Million+ for ONE YEAR? You had a great team last year, and now your paying your 3rd best forward more then the top 2 forwards. Big mistake giving Hossa that much, and for one year.

Hell Yeah man,The Pens final offer to Hossa was 50 million over 7Years after his agent said he was seeking a multi year deal...The in turn he signs a 1 year deal with Detroit for less than what the Pens we're offering....

Looks like Orpik and Ruutu arent coming back to the Burgh.

I'm sure we'll lose out on Jagr,Naslund and Demitra too.

Oh and Jagr i think would love to come back to Pittsburgh.But then again he didnt like being in Marios shadow..I doubt he will want to be in Sid and Geno's shadow.
zephead
7/2/08 2:15:47PM
Zetterbergs contract can be extended any time starting yesterday, July 1, since he was on a multiyear deal. It's the one year contract players that can't be extended until January 1.

And as I think about this, since Hossa's contract is for 1 year, they don't have to worry about the impact of extending Zetterberg as there is no cap hit for Hossa past this season at this time.

king_katool
7/2/08 2:37:01PM
o ye baby we're gonna repeat again baring injuries Go Wings
Rush
7/2/08 2:38:33PM
If Sundin is smart he would take a pay cut and join the wings. Looks like they be favorites again for a cup run.
iwannabesedated
7/2/08 2:44:05PM
Malkin 5 year Extension....

Jagr is down to Pittsburgh and NYR according my sources..lol

Naslund talks are intensifying.

My Sources
D0wnUnd6e6r
7/2/08 3:15:00PM
DJDark41
7/2/08 3:17:35PM
Avery heads to Texas, joining the Dallas Stars at $4 million a year.
Avery becomes a Star.
teddythetuna
7/2/08 3:22:46PM
The leafs really disappointed me by getting rid of Tucker Hope these new guys pan out.
Pages: [1] 2 3