History Trivia

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » History Trivia
« Previous Page
Svartorm
11/7/07 3:55:51AM
2 points for Ko-kbo!

Abe was talking about U.S. Grant, as everyone complained he was a drunk, but was a great general just the same.

#7 if Jefferson.

More questions.

8. Who was president of the Confederate States of America?

9. What American gained ever-lasting fame by getting into a knife fight on a sandbar?

10. Who was the youngest captain in the history of the United States Navy?
roadking95th
11/7/07 1:56:43PM
answers:
8: Jefferson Davis
9: ?
10: John Paul Jones, a guess here.
roadking95th
11/7/07 2:21:11PM
Since I know I definitely got #8 right here goes.

11: What "weapon" did Hannibal advise Prusias to use in his sea battle against Eumenes? Hint, you could say it inspired a recent bad movie.
thepunisher
11/7/07 2:42:03PM
the knife fight one is Bowie i know because i have a Bowie Knife
warglory
11/7/07 3:46:18PM
ko-kbo has the most points so far with two! roadking looks like he may make it on to the board too. Just gotta wait to hear back from Svartorm.
warglory
11/7/07 3:58:11PM
Answers

#11: Flaming Arrows? I have no idea (I don't even know what movie you are referencing )

Questions (throwin a few European doozies in here):

12. What clever weapon was used to kill those protected within a castle in Medieval times to avoid a costly full on invasion?

13. Who were considered the best soldiers with projectile weapons in the Middle Ages?

14. Who was largely responsible for starting the Protestant Reformation?
cowcatcher
11/7/07 4:00:26PM
14. martin luther?
12.bodies of the deceased due to the plague via catapault?
13.i would guess the mongols because of their horse archers, but you said europe, and although they reached europe i dont know if this is right.
ko-kbo130
11/7/07 5:03:33PM
heres one:
what was the technique used by the assryains after they concqured a city? (they did this to instill fear in other unconquered lands)
and i think 13 is the crossbowman
cowcatcher
11/7/07 5:22:38PM

Posted by roadking95th

11: What "weapon" did Hannibal advise Prusias to use in his sea battle against Eumenes? Hint, you could say it inspired a recent bad movie.

pots full of snakes were tossed onto the enemy ships, muthaf*ckin' snakes on a boat
roadking95th
11/7/07 6:04:06PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by roadking95th

pots full of snakes were tossed onto the enemy ships, muthaf*ckin' snakes on a boat

you got it man!
Svartorm
11/7/07 6:12:07PM
Roadking got question 8 correct.

Thepunisher got number 9 correct.

12. Could be damn near anything. A trebuchet?

13. The Welsh Longbowman
warglory
11/8/07 2:52:49AM
cowcatcher got 12 and 14 correct

Svartorm got 13 correct
warglory
11/8/07 3:06:37AM

Posted by ko-kbo130

heres one:
what was the technique used by the assryains after they concqured a city? (they did this to instill fear in other unconquered lands)

Good ole fashioned raping, pillaging and plundering?
roadking95th
11/8/07 2:23:30PM
Cleaned this up a bit.

Here are the questions not answered correctly yet. The #'s 8 and 9 have been used twice and question #8(a) has two points. We have a total of 11 pts awarded out of 18 possible. Two questions' answers were given because no one had the correct response. Three questions remain, so we are missing two points somewhere. If someone can figure it out, or I can later when I have time, it would be appreciated.

Posted by Svartorm

9: "Madam, each morning I cough up enough blood to fill that bonnet you wear."

10: Who was the youngest captain in the history of the United States Navy?

Posted by ko-kbo130

15: what was the technique used by the assryains after they concqured a city? (they did this to instill fear in other unconquered lands)

warglory
11/8/07 3:01:45PM
Answers:

9: Doc Holiday?

10: Ethan Allen?
roadking95th
11/8/07 3:06:14PM

Posted by warglory

Answers:

9: Doc Holiday?

10: Ethan Allen?

I thought of Holiday too, but I thought it was supposed to be a president's quote.
warglory
11/8/07 3:14:34PM
Ah shucks, you are correct.
ko-kbo130
11/8/07 3:50:46PM

Posted by warglory

Posted by ko-kbo130

heres one:

Good ole fashioned raping, pillaging and plundering?

ehh not exactly. there was one thing they did to a certain group of people in each town. the raping, pilliaging and plundering is something they did but not the answer im lookin for
roadking95th
11/8/07 9:10:34PM
Assyrians...didn't they crucify the leaders? That doesn't sound completely correct, but something to that extent.

ko-kbo130
11/8/07 9:39:52PM

Posted by roadking95th

Assyrians...didn't they crucify the leaders? That doesn't sound completely correct, but something to that extent.

no but your getting closer it has something to do with the leaders
Pages: 1 [2]