any hip hop heads out there?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » any hip hop heads out there?
MFOTHER
2/23/09 1:40:59AM
MF DOOM has a new album coming out, and the sampler has a song on it which references mma (octagon, tapout)
ill find a link if anyone is interested
fizzle
2/23/09 2:29:36AM
I am, i like MF, but im more into Andre Nickatina, Brother Ali, and People under the stairs, and Mac Dre; you ever listen to any of them?
Pookie
2/23/09 2:32:42AM

Posted by fizzle

I am, i like MF, but im more into Andre Nickatina, Brother Ali, and People under the stairs, and Mac Dre; you ever listen to any of them?

They know about Nikatina down in LA? Damn

Mac dre goes hard too
fizzle
2/23/09 2:36:43AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by fizzle

They know about Nikatina down in LA? Damn

Mac dre goes hard too

That was some knowlage dropped on me by my buddy who went to UCSC for a while, Nickatina's greatness is far reaching my brother! I love the stuff he did with Mac Dre, Andre 'N Andre is one of my favorite tracks.
EvenFlow
2/23/09 3:18:07AM
Oh yeah, special shout outs goin to KRS One, Cypress Hill, Eyedea & Abilities, Big Daddy Kane and NWA.
wiggum
2/23/09 11:16:51AM

Posted by fizzle

mf doom is money, danger doom was one of my favorite albums a couple years ago.......brother ali is tight, but its hard for me cuz its so similar to sage francis in many aspects, that i get that style fix from him....P.O.T.S.!!!! acid rain drops is top 10 fav rap song for me!!!......if like hip hop, check out cunninglynguists....good stuff
fizzle
2/23/09 12:18:45PM

Posted by wiggum

mf doom is money, danger doom was one of my favorite albums a couple years ago.......brother ali is tight, but its hard for me cuz its so similar to sage francis in many aspects, that i get that style fix from him....P.O.T.S.!!!! acid rain drops is top 10 fav rap song for me!!!......if like hip hop, check out cunninglynguists....good stuff

Nice Wigs, yeah i listen to Sage Francis too, but i got into B.A. first so i get that style fix up from in instead of like you with the vice versa, Cunning lynguist is one savage dude, his lyrics are visceral and real. Lot of good hip hop we're getting into here. Acid Rain Drops is a key song. I saw People Under The Stairs for their fifteen anniversary show at the El Rey in Los Angeles, They played like 4-5 songs from each album all the hits mind you. Not very much of the new stuff but what a show man. It went wild when they did AcidRainDrops.
wiggum
2/23/09 1:06:30PM

Posted by fizzle

Posted by wiggum

Nice Wigs, yeah i listen to Sage Francis too, but i got into B.A. first so i get that style fix up from in instead of like you with the vice versa, Cunning lynguist is one savage dude, his lyrics are visceral and real. Lot of good hip hop we're getting into here. Acid Rain Drops is a key song. I saw People Under The Stairs for their fifteen anniversary show at the El Rey in Los Angeles, They played like 4-5 songs from each album all the hits mind you. Not very much of the new stuff but what a show man. It went wild when they did AcidRainDrops.

man, i would LOVE to see those guys!!!!......the last hip hop show i saw was gza doing liquid swords a couple months back....it was tight, brought me back to my younger "golden" years haha.....you ever listen to any of the battleaxe records crew, like abstract rude and what not?.....not much has come out of that camp these days except for swollen members, they kinda fell off the map abrublty in about 2003....kinda wondering whats up with them, most notably abby rude, cuz i cant find much on the internet
evan9eleven
2/23/09 1:15:58PM
new Brother Ali EP in March MF Doom is the **** but he dropped the MF.

DOOM - THAT"S THAT
EvenFlow
2/23/09 1:26:47PM

Posted by wiggum

Posted by fizzle

Its good that people out of the east coast and midwest know sage francis, brother ali is okay but you need to listen to eyedea and abilities and atmosphere if you like ali.
wiggum
2/23/09 1:31:48PM

Posted by EvenFlow

Posted by wiggum

Posted by fizzle

Its good that people out of the east coast and midwest know sage francis, brother ali is okay but you need to listen to eyedea and abilities and atmosphere if you like ali.

definitlly, getting into atmosphere got me into sage , ali and e & a.......hate to play that "i used to listen when....." card.... but a buddy of mine came to my college in 2000 and he was from the twin cities and he was repping overcast pretty hard...that became our party album that year....been a fan since!...it was a good year cuz i had another buddy from boston and he was repping 7l and esotoric, and i got into them pretty hard
loller90278
2/23/09 1:44:17PM
dont like mf doom too much. i like lyricists more, like demigodz, apathy, jedi mind tricks, aesop rock...atmosphere's old stuff is real good: lucy, god loves ugly.. but i stopped listening to him after that
wiggum
2/23/09 1:47:06PM

Posted by loller90278

dont like mf doom too much. i like lyricists more, like demigodz, apathy, jedi mind tricks, aesop rock...atmosphere's old stuff is real good: lucy, god loves ugly.. but i stopped listening to him after that

never got into aesop rock too much, but jedi is tight, that new album is awesome....plus pyscho-social is one of the best hip hop records ever!...demigodz is pretty hard too
evan9eleven
2/23/09 2:44:07PM

Posted by loller90278

MF DOOM is Super Lyrical
evan9eleven
2/23/09 3:30:38PM
Here are some tracks that I've been feeling lately.

Hit me back with some of yours.

POS - Drumroll

Devin - I Can't Make It Home

Shawn Jackson - Feelin Jack

Johnson & Jonson - Hold On John

Pookie
2/23/09 3:39:22PM
Atmosphere is dope too.
God loves ugly - Yesterday

Nujabes is good also if you like really complex beats.

kopower
2/23/09 8:31:34PM
Great to hear what fellow hip hop fans are listening too. Totally agree with Cunning Lynguists, Ali, Jedi mind tricks, atmosphere,7l and esoteric and all the others. If you like jedi check out army of the pharoahs. Good ****.

Anybody listen to Ya Boy? Check out some of his freestyles- 100 bars of crack or 100 bars of death, shook ones freestyle.

What's great about this thread is nobody is mentioning that mainstream crap. People that say rap is garbage now are not looking hard enough. There is so much talent out there its ridiculous
Pookie
2/24/09 4:56:24AM

Posted by kopower

Great to hear what fellow hip hop fans are listening too. Totally agree with Cunning Lynguists, Ali, Jedi mind tricks, atmosphere,7l and esoteric and all the others. If you like jedi check out army of the pharoahs. Good ****.

Anybody listen to Ya Boy? Check out some of his freestyles- 100 bars of crack or 100 bars of death, shook ones freestyle.

What's great about this thread is nobody is mentioning that mainstream crap. People that say rap is garbage now are not looking hard enough. There is so much talent out there its ridiculous

Ya boy is an interesting rapper, he really talented but hes just not putting much out lately. He's a local guy and ive met him in person a few times in vallejo... but oddly enough out here in the bay he doesnt get much appreciation even though hes out there.

On the song Superstar(by ya boy) my cousin Taj directed the video
loller90278
2/24/09 3:23:02PM
speaking of super lyrical, check out papoose. that kid's rhymes are ridiculous
MFOTHER
3/1/09 1:43:29PM
i started this thread, and then forgot about it.....i agree with alot of the posts..ill get into details later....here a link to the sampler, the mma song is lightworks

link