why hioki vs. roop on main card? when we all want to see cerrone/siver

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » why hioki vs. roop on main card? when we all want to see cerrone/siver
armbar66j7
9/27/11 10:24:23AM
i mean, im sure itll be on spike for free on the prelims, but its just principle, yea, i get it, hiokis a superstar, but come one, this isnt shinya aoki, its not like hes gonna come in and dominate everybody, and roop seems to be a spoiler, buit id much rather pay to see cerrone fight siver, just sayin, idk about anyone else
kingsmasher
9/27/11 10:32:24AM
Well looking at it from the UFC point of view they want to keep Cerrone on teh down low cause all teh UFC needs is another LW deserving a title shot and everyone knowing about Cerrone...but he shouod def be on teh main card that fight should be right under the title fights...
emfleek
9/27/11 10:34:35AM
The UFC's building its Featherweight division. What better way to do so than to spotlight the #2 (or #3, depending on who you talk to) Featherweight in the world? You can't shove someone that highly ranked on the prelims of any card, imo.

I'd personally rather see Siver/Cerrone, but I completely understand why Roop/Hioki got the nod.
armbar66j7
9/27/11 11:12:38AM

Posted by emfleek

The UFC's building its Featherweight division. What better way to do so than to spotlight the #2 (or #3, depending on who you talk to) Featherweight in the world? You can't shove someone that highly ranked on the prelims of any card, imo.

I'd personally rather see Siver/Cerrone, but I completely understand why Roop/Hioki got the nod.

well said, touche
armbar66j7
9/27/11 11:25:29AM

Posted by kingsmasher

Well looking at it from the UFC point of view they want to keep Cerrone on teh down low cause all teh UFC needs is another LW deserving a title shot and everyone knowing about Cerrone...but he shouod def be on teh main card that fight should be right under the title fights...

i agree with you, but i also agree with emfleek, now that i think about it, siver/cerrone is probably a title eliminator, underneath henderson/guida, but yea, hioki is top 3 FW in the world, so i geuss it does make sense, but still, i geuss its just my pride and love for fighting that id much rather see two top guys go at it, then have 1 superstar take on a second string tuf fighter at best

even though i will say im surprized at how well roops stand up game is developing
grappler0000
9/27/11 11:34:13AM

Posted by kingsmasher

Well, if he's on the Spike prelims, he'll be seen by even more eyes than the PPV. So, in that sense, the opposite would be happening. I think it's a matter of Cowboy being able to sell more PPV buys by having an exciting fight on Spike rather than relying on his name recognition alone and being on the main card. I'm fine either way, as long as I get to see the fight. I think the fight is "deserving" of being on the PPV portion, but I don't think either of those guys will be suffering any consequences by being on the undercard in these circumstances.
Twenty20Dollars
9/27/11 12:10:21PM
I agree Cerrone/Siver should be on main card over Hioki/Roop, b/c Cerrone/Siver is like a contenders fight. And I think you would want to put your best fights on the main card.

I mean if I was running the UFC I would switch them.

But as a fan, I don't mind having Cerrone/Siver on spike b/c I don't order the ppv's.
Poor_Franklin
9/27/11 2:49:05PM
let's be honest guys. w/ the way their building these cards, we're going to be arguing a lot about who should or shouldnt be on the main cards.

i like hioki on the card bc i believe 135/145 guys haven't been pushed to the front enough.

also, just be awesome & watch ALL the fights & it won't matter