Le Hints at CBS Return

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Le Hints at CBS Return
grappler0000
8/13/09 2:24:28PM
It’s gone past passé to say that Strikeforce middleweight champion Cung Le has been conspicuously absent from the promotion’s expanding rotation.

Le (6-0) earned the title after defeating Frank Shamrock almost a year and a half ago but has yet to defend it. Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker has even relented in announcing that he’ll put an interim title up for grabs before the end of the year. Hopefully, the splintered lineage will be unified sooner than later.

Le, 37, said he’s spent his time away from the cage nursing injuries and surgeries, as well as acting in five films (including a co-starring turn with Dennis Quaid in the sci-fi flick “Pandorum” due out Sept. 18). Le hinted the promotion has bigger plans for him anyway.

Link
ncordless
8/13/09 2:33:00PM
Say what you want to about Cung, but it is a shame he didn't begin to focus on MMA in his early 20's. He still has the skills to work all but the upper tier of fighters. Now that he is champ, he is going to get tested eventually.

I would have loved to have seen Cung at WW in the UFC or the PRIDE MW division back in about 2003.
teddythetuna
8/13/09 2:46:21PM
Great striker but man he needs to defend his belt. Either that or let him keep acting and just strip it and let 2 other guys fight for it who are actually going to be fighting on a regular basis. Just my opinion
finnish_line
8/14/09 9:16:45AM

There is no way he should still be champ. They should have stripped it 6 months ago.
whardin19
8/14/09 5:37:20PM
The guy is a great fighter but man is he going to have some serious ring rust!!! Strikeforce probably should have had a Interm belt a long time ago. But, didn't have worthy fighters to fight for an interm belt i guess.