The Highly Unofficial UFC Half-Year End Awards: The Submissions

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » The Highly Unofficial UFC Half-Year End Awards: The Submissions
DCRage
7/10/08 12:46:51PM
Following up on their picks for the KOs and Upsets of the year so far, UFC has now announced their "unofficial" picks for the top 5 submissions/tapouts so far this year.

Article
bojangalz
7/10/08 12:57:59PM
Demian Maia def. Jason MacDonald 2:27 R2 Traingle and Strikes is a pretty glaring omission if you ask me. But Hazelett's armbar, and every second of the fight leading up to that point makes it the clear #1 in my book.
Twenty20Dollars
7/10/08 1:11:30PM
diaz over kurt or marcus over ryan should be #5
PaleHorse
7/10/08 3:55:11PM

Posted by bojangalz

Demian Maia def. Jason MacDonald 2:27 R2 Traingle and Strikes is a pretty glaring omission if you ask me. But Hazelett's armbar, and every second of the fight leading up to that point makes it the clear #1 in my book.

Demian Maia is at least getting a little credit, you don't hear that guy's name mentioned much and he's probably the best Jiu Jitsu PFP fighter in the world, in my opinion if he can take a punch the Spider might worry a little bit.
Boo_Radley21
7/10/08 4:53:52PM

Posted by bojangalz

He hasn't fought MacDonald yet. Do you mean Herman?
prozacnation1978
7/10/08 6:20:51PM
cole miller over gurgel was sick especially since jorge was about to win a decision with just over a min left in the fight
cmill21
7/10/08 7:41:44PM
Even thgh Aoki fights for Dream they should have added the gogo, I bet Rogan shit himself when he saw that. I like the list, because they didn't just do flashy subs they added ones like Nogs that were standard but took amazing precision to pull off.
RMFG_187
7/10/08 8:08:19PM
D Maia
Palhares
Diaz

Those should all be on the list, but Hazelett was definitely Numero Uno
Manfred
7/10/08 11:30:09PM

Posted by RMFG_187

D Maia
Palhares
Diaz