The Highly Unofficial 2008 UFC Awards – The Knockouts

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » The Highly Unofficial 2008 UFC Awards – The Knockouts
gsquat
1/2/09 12:11:49PM
Here they are. They're obviously measured by importance rather than the quality of the KO (with the exception of #1).
Link
casey64
1/2/09 12:58:56PM
I'm guessing both I and gsquat love the number 1 ko of 08.
hodge
1/2/09 1:10:22PM
id go for either rory markham over brodie farber or Jeremy Stephans uppercut as number 1

as for Gsquat dudes one hell of a nuthugger
Twenty20Dollars
1/2/09 1:12:06PM
I dont know what you are talking about but those are some quality Knockouts.

Burns made all 3 lists,upset,submission and getting knocked out.
gsquat
1/2/09 1:16:17PM

Posted by hodge

id go for either rory markham over brodie farber or Jeremy Stephans uppercut as number 1

Word

I'm not saying they're not quality KO's. Just the order in which they're listed seems to be in measure of importance rather than just the best visual KO's first. Great list overall. The Stephens uppercut was huge, but it wasn't a KO.
Franklinfan47
1/2/09 2:14:58PM

Posted by gsquat

Posted by hodge

Word

I'm not saying they're not quality KO's. Just the order in which they're listed seems to be in measure of importance rather than just the best visual KO's first. Great list overall. The Stephens uppercut was huge, but it wasn't a KO.

It wasn't a KO? Dos Anjos lost consciousness due to the impact and crumbled to the mat, sounds like a KO to me.

But yeah, I agree they favoured the more televised KOs rather than the actual best visual KOs. Thats ufc for ya though.
jae_1833
1/2/09 4:42:50PM
They mention Thiago KOing Karo, but not Matt Hughes? WTF?
cmill21
1/2/09 4:45:38PM

Posted by jae_1833

They mention Thiago KOing Karo, but not Matt Hughes? WTF?

It says both lol.
gsquat
1/2/09 5:33:49PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

It wasn't a KO? Dos Anjos lost consciousness due to the impact and crumbled to the mat, sounds like a KO to me.

But yeah, I agree they favoured the more televised KOs rather than the actual best visual KOs. Thats ufc for ya though.

On the list they call it a TKO. And I remember he wasn't unconcious. Just really f#cked up.
jiujitsufreak74
1/2/09 5:47:26PM
Rashad's KO was number one for me...i mean i literally had to question if Chuck Liddell was still alove after seeing how he hit the mat
big_timmy
1/2/09 7:32:30PM
Me too. I was actually fearing for Chuck's life after that. After he hadn't moved for about a full minute...