Hieron and Carl complete Bellator's Welterweight tourney, meet on March 5th

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Hieron and Carl complete Bellator's Welterweight tourney, meet on March 5th
pmoney
1/16/11 2:29:26AM
As expected, Bellator Fighting Championships signee Jay Hieron (19-4 MMA, 0-0 BFC) has will take part in the promotion's upcoming season-four welterweight tournament.

So will three-time Bellator veteran Steve Carl (11-2 MMA, 2-1 BFC).

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has learned from sources close to both fighters that Hieron and Carl will fill the final two spots of Bellator's 170-pound tournament and will face each other on March 5 at an event yet to be announced.

Article
icantthinkofanything
1/16/11 10:32:34AM

.Im suprised Heiron didnt get picked up by the UFC. He should win this tournament imo
Bloodhound
1/16/11 12:56:00PM
im excited for Bellator's 4th season, the WW tourney is stacked.
Chael_Sonnen
1/16/11 2:10:31PM
Really enjoy Bellator, I don't care who wins the tournament, I just want to see Askren get KTFO!
hackdog99
1/18/11 1:10:21PM
i love Bellator.

I wish they wouldn't do the non-title fights with their champions though. They are just begging for one of them to lose and then what? If whisper Goodman beats Hector Lombard then that looks terrible. At least if you put the belt on the line you have a new champ. If you don't put your title on the line and your champ loses to a nobody you don't even really have a champ as the belt is meaningless.

That rant aside Bellator has lots of great events. I went to the Neer vs Alvarez one in boston and had a great time other than the Konrad snoozefest and Huerta not pulling the trigger against Curran.