Hey! New to the game.

MMAPlayground.com » Community » Introduce yourself » Hey! New to the game.
Brandon
6/19/08 2:38:16PM
Hey all! Name is Brandon. I'm 6'5", 235 lbs., and 26. New to the MMA game. Just started training less than a week ago.

Looking forward to getting in shape and hopefully making something more out of this.

I've got the standard noob questions that I am sure everyone has had.

Wonder what a good diet for myself would be. (I've been eating very light servings while having a salad or roasted chicken breast for lunch)

I've cut out most sugars lie brownies, ice cream, soda, and sweet tea.

Been working out at least an hour on my days off of training (I get to attend two days a week for about an hour)

Right now my base discipline is Tae Kwon Do. With the option after a few months to start Ju Jitsu. (Is this a respectible base to have)

Thanks for taking time to read, and any insight will be appreciated,
holt8081
6/19/08 2:42:48PM
welcome to the site bro, most of the guys on here train as well so they have some good advice.
The-Don
6/19/08 2:43:41PM
if your serious read through the Training section here lots of great posts... Read everything carefully and what not.. again.. TKD does not translate well to MMA in most cases...
casey64
6/19/08 3:58:34PM
Welcome
Brandon
6/19/08 4:26:49PM

Posted by The-Don

if your serious read through the Training section here lots of great posts... Read everything carefully and what not.. again.. TKD does not translate well to MMA in most cases...

I've read through the Training section and found some interesting post.

And as I posted earlier. After a few months of TKD I have the option to switch to Ju Jitsu. That is my plan. And thanks to everyone for the open arms.
loller90278
6/19/08 5:41:07PM
i think for your height and weight that wrestling would be the best base for you. if i were you i would forget everything TKD has taught (i took it also for around 8 years) learn wrestling, and hook up with a boxing coach (or kickboxing)

Figsak
6/19/08 6:54:34PM
Agreed. Most ppl start TKD or Karate because it looks flashy and fun. Karate Kid ruined them!
casketcoin
6/19/08 7:00:21PM
WELCOME