Hey Guys my question to the PG

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Hey Guys my question to the PG
POLL: What do you wanna see me do next?
Triathlon 71% (15)
Marathon 29% (6)
jjeans
8/20/12 3:13:57PM
Hey guys! I'm doing the great north run (a half marathon which takes place literally the opposite side of England from where I live) in September for charity, any donation would be fantastically appreciated and thanks to all of you who have donated to me so far @ LINK

However my question to you guys is, what should be next? A triathlon or a full marathon?

Triathlon

Swimming 1.5km
Cycling 40km
Running 10km

Marathon

Running - 42.195 kilometres/26.2 miles
infestructure
8/20/12 4:22:04PM
I have more respect for triathletes, as they need a more rounded skillset (like in MMA)
prophecy033
8/20/12 4:23:54PM
Triathlon
pmoney
8/20/12 7:04:34PM
Well done Jay! Triathlons and Marathons are just brutal business.... I would say going from the half marathon to the full would be a good move
george112
8/20/12 7:07:03PM
Yeah I say marathon. More challenging imo
Bubbles
8/20/12 7:59:05PM
Tough Mudder
DancingDoll
8/20/12 8:12:13PM
I would do a full marathon next and work your way up to a triathlon after that, unless your swimming/cycling is extremely strong already.

Aether
8/20/12 8:22:16PM
Personally I would imagine a marathon would be harder, but that's probably just because I absolutely despise running, and think that biking and swimming are sort of fun.
ChrisSabal
8/20/12 8:45:39PM

Posted by Aether

Personally I would imagine a marathon would be harder, but that's probably just because I absolutely despise running, and think that biking and swimming are sort of fun.

Biking nor swimming are fun when it is over a long distance.
Aether
8/20/12 9:50:02PM

Posted by ChrisSabal

Posted by Aether

OK, I'm glad you're here to let me know what I do and don't enjoy?
ChrisSabal
8/20/12 9:55:49PM

Posted by Aether

Posted by ChrisSabal

Posted by Aether

if ya wanna be a dick about then I will just assume and say that you think biking and swimming are sort of fun because all you do is splash around in the water and bike to the local store 1 mile down the road.

I was stating how swimming or biking aren't fun when it is over a long distance because it is a physically exhausting event but you wouldn't seem to know that.

I will end this here.
Aether
8/20/12 10:59:49PM

Posted by ChrisSabal

Posted by Aether

Posted by ChrisSabal

Posted by Aether

if ya wanna be a dick about then I will just assume and say that you think biking and swimming are sort of fun because all you do is splash around in the water and bike to the local store 1 mile down the road.

I was stating how swimming or biking aren't fun when it is over a long distance because it is a physically exhausting event but you wouldn't seem to know that.

I will end this here.

Yeah, either that or I was talking about my own personal preference, I meant exactly what I said and you don't have any clue about what I do or don't like? One of those two things happened.

If you really want to get all angry about it, I can explain to you that the reason I said "SORT OF" fun is because I'm comparing them to running which I clearly stated I despised. Certain forms of activity distract me more or less and make it easier to push through pain and fatigue, which is why they're "SORT OF" fun for me in comparison to something like running, which I hate. I didn't say "WOAH BIKING 40 KM!! SO FUN LOLOL AWESOME!"

If someone says "Personally, I prefer X and this is why" why would you even try to tell them otherwise? It's just a ridiculous statement to even try to make.
tcunningham
8/20/12 11:24:08PM
i went with triathlon. i have always wanted to do a triathlon or even a duathlon. it just sounds funner because you do more than just run. dont get me wrong, marathons are awesome as well. either way, you got my support.
thevoodooninja
8/20/12 11:32:07PM

Posted by tcunningham

i went with triathlon. i have always wanted to do a triathlon or even a duathlon. it just sounds funner because you do more than just run. dont get me wrong, marathons are awesome as well. either way, you got my support.

except i never wanted to do a triathlon or even a duathlon
airkerma
8/21/12 9:10:31AM

Posted by Aether

Posted by ChrisSabal

Posted by Aether

Posted by ChrisSabal

Posted by Aether

I will end this here.

Yeah, either that or I was talking about my own personal preference, I meant exactly what I said and you don't have any clue about what I do or don't like? One of those two things happened.

If you really want to get all angry about it, I can explain to you that the reason I said "SORT OF" fun is because I'm comparing them to running which I clearly stated I despised. Certain forms of activity distract me more or less and make it easier to push through pain and fatigue, which is why they're "SORT OF" fun for me in comparison to something like running, which I hate. I didn't say "WOAH BIKING 40 KM!! SO FUN LOLOL AWESOME!"

If someone says "Personally, I prefer X and this is why" why would you even try to tell them otherwise? It's just a ridiculous statement to even try to make.

Good for you Jay. Personally I would go for the tri since I used to swim, which is a huge advantage over people who just did track or cross country. This is a toss up though, because unless you love it, training for distance swimming is some of the most boring nonsense you can do. No music, tv, etc...
thevoodooninja
8/21/12 2:05:11PM

Posted by voodoo-jitsu

Posted by tcunningham

except i never wanted to do a triathlon or even a duathlon

Holy crap I can't believe I forgot I did spur of the moment triathlon once...

I had to run from the cops then swam across a river then grabbed a bike and peddled my ass off to safty
jjeans
8/21/12 4:31:34PM
Last night to vote guys! Thanks everyone for the comments so far