Hey all

MMAPlayground.com » Community » Introduce yourself » Hey all
rearnakedchoke
2/27/07 6:16:48PM
Hey everyone, joined the site awhile ago, and didn't think I'd be too involved in the forums and betting, but after seeing how well things are done here I couldn't resist.
I've been watching mma and have been a big fan since I was a kid, used to rent UFC(s) from the video store for each and every trip to the cabin. Once upon a time Tank Abbott might have been considered my hero.

As for me, I'm currently finishing up a degree in Business at Memorial University of Newfoundland. I'm also planning on developing an mma blog of my own, just to share my own personal opinions on fighters, fights, and other mma news.

Just to give you guys an idea of why I enjoy mma in general and some of the fighters that I do, I'll offer a few of my personal viewpoints.

Bas Rutten - Cliche I know, but clearly my favorite fighter, both inside and outside of the ring/octagon/cage. Hilarious guy, but incredible fighter too. I admire his innovation in the ring as well (Bas Rutten body crunch anyone?). He also edges out Rampage as probably the biggest quote machine in mma.

Big Nog - He can't be KO'ed, he can't be tapped. A warrior in every sense of the word.

Shogun - All around incredible fighter. Can't wait to finally see him shine and take Henderson's title now that Silva is out of the way. (not to knock silva)

Other notables are obviously Fedor and Crocop, and if you don't know why I'm pretty sure you don't watch mma.