Herring won't hesitate to take out Lesnar...

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Herring won't hesitate to take out Lesnar...
emfleek
8/7/08 8:52:07PM
MINNEAPOLIS – Heath Herring chuckled at the mention of what undoubtedly is the biggest mistake of his professional life.

For the last 13 months, rarely has a day gone by where someone hasn’t asked the fighter known as “The Texas Crazy Horse” about the events of UFC 73.

A career-defining and, perhaps, career-changing victory was in his grasp and he hesitated. He looked at a fallen Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and hesitated. Herring didn’t pounce on Nogueira and finish him after a kick to the head nearly knocked Nogueira out.

LINK
bojangalz
8/7/08 9:19:01PM
Every time I have seen that fight on replay I find myself yelling at the screen. I say "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?! GET IN THERE AND FINISH HIM OFF!"

I bet Herring hears the exact same thing every night in his sleep. That fight was hard to watch.
balack_o-bama
8/7/08 9:29:58PM
I can't believe how he goes on about "not taking it seriously" against Nog. Maybe he figured he'd lose again anyway! I hope he takes Lesnar serious or his face may get punched through the canvass. Good luck to him though, I hope he mangles the Les.
taporsnap26
8/7/08 10:13:31PM
seriously though, how many guys have come close to finishing nog? lots. how many have? few
juanez13
8/7/08 10:37:11PM

Posted by taporsnap26

seriously though, how many guys have come close to finishing nog? lots. how many have? few

Actually many have come "close" (even though there is no such thing against Nog) to beating Nog, which is something that he is notorious for (getting pounced on than winning)

But yea Herring was one of the closest that have come to "finishing" (no such thing) Big Nog.
DiabloFreak56
8/7/08 11:44:25PM
i dont know maybe its just me but im so suprised that herring is the underdog after all his experience who hes beaten, him ALMOST finishing big nog.
and all brock is known for is power slamming Vince Mcmahon. and i have to give it to him vs mir tho i thought he was gonna finish him but no way can he do that to herring.