Herring out, whos in?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Herring out, whos in?
cmill21
3/11/09 3:29:57AM
Herring injured, Dos Santos vs Velasquez at UFC 100?

UFC 100 could be about to have another important fight added to it as dangerous Brazilian, Junior dos Santos is being lined up to face American Kickboxing Academy, Cain Velasquez.

According to a rumour on the Underground Forum, heavyweight Heath Herring has suffered a knee injury and has been forced to pull out of his UFC 99 clash with Cain Velasquez.

According to the same report, Velasquez has been rescheduled to face breakout star, Junior dos Santos on the promotions celebration event on July 11th, UFC 100.

This is set to be an intriguing match-up between the two as dos Santos has shown devastating stand-up skills, while Velasquez is known to be one of the best wrestlers in the business.

Now please keep in mind that this is just a rumour at this time but more often than not these things do turn out to be true. Keep your eye on the site in the coming days for a possible confirmation from an official source.

By Michael Pepper.
IriShame
3/11/09 3:46:57AM
Please god have this be true.
EvenFlow
3/11/09 3:57:07AM
That would be one hell of a fight, if I had to now I'd say Cain by decision. The winner probably only needs one more win after this for a shyttle tot.
Playground_Samurai
3/11/09 4:17:21AM
What a fight this would be. Two young guns that have burst onto the scene with very impressive and explosive performances. Both Dos Santos and Velasquez are very agressive and this match-up would make for fireworks. Not sure who I would pick in this fight yet.
PABLOMAFIOSO
3/11/09 5:56:45AM

Posted by EvenFlow

That would be one hell of a fight, if I had to now I'd say Cain by decision. The winner probably only needs one more win after this for a shyttle tot.

would be an interesting matchup for sure although I don't think it would go the distance! the winner of this fight deserves a BIG step up the ladder.
DCRage
3/11/09 6:42:04AM
Give him Gonzaga. Just like he was the first big test for Carwin, he's a good one for Cain now.
cmb19932
3/11/09 7:53:22AM
noooooo i wated heriing to show everyone how bs cain really is now cains just gonna destroy dos santos
prozacnation1978
3/11/09 8:31:31AM
haven't heard anything i don't know why they can't just still have the fight in germany dos santos vs cain would be killer
VeganMIke
3/11/09 11:16:46AM
they're trying to hype both fighters up, so I seriously doubt they'd put them against each other.

pv3Hpv3p
3/11/09 11:20:30AM

Posted by VeganMIke

they're trying to hype both fighters up, so I seriously doubt they'd put them against each other.

I was a little surprised to hear the matchup as well... they usually wouldn't put to upandcomers against eachother like this... especially in a division as thin as HW is right now
Twenty20Dollars
3/11/09 11:45:39AM
IF the fight happens, I might be tempted to pick dos santos.
NatedawgThaM
3/11/09 12:41:17PM
Gonzaga or Kongo
Hendo67
3/11/09 2:04:16PM
Not Gonzaga, he steps to the back of the line...the winner of this vs Carwin, loser of this fights Gonzaga in my opinion.
Deathbringer
3/11/09 2:11:13PM
Fingers crossed.
bls1919
3/11/09 5:11:14PM
Wow what a turn of events here. I like it. i thought the herring fight could be a long UD. A fight with Dos Santos would be nothing short of a devastating ending. For who ? I have been an avid Cain fan since he hit the UFC, but Dos Santos looks to be equally tough, running through guys. I cant wait to see if this goes down.
cmill21
3/11/09 9:25:09PM
Here it is GSP fan.
breakdown5
3/11/09 9:48:07PM
Dos Santos vs. Cain would be a f'n awesome fight. Their both big and quick for HW, would be an explosive fight that could go either way and would be a good fight to determine future matchups on the road to the title.
D0wnUnd6e6r
3/12/09 8:41:45AM
Big Daddy Cain FTW either way
prozacnation1978
3/14/09 1:40:01PM
looks to be true ufc cancelled herring vs cain bout as well as belcher vs sakara bout

i guess belcher will face akiyama at ufc 100

if cain still fights on card and he might it might just be against dos santos