Herring vs Imes

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Herring vs Imes
nubby
3/29/07 7:24:02PM
I said it here first, Imes is gonna win and make Herring for a chump. I know I know, Imes is a noob, but he didn't look half bad for his UFC fight.
gimmper
3/29/07 7:27:50PM
You may have a point...but Imes struggles keeping his balance much less trying to win...we will see
www-WeLoan-us
3/29/07 7:35:24PM
I think herring destroys him....Send me a bet wager
hathcock32
3/29/07 8:36:50PM
I really hope we get to see this fight. Hopefully it will be a slug fest. I was to scared to pick IMES, but i really think he has a great chance. Herring 1rd KO
Ydoc
3/29/07 9:09:01PM
Imes is still too green. Heath will make him keep it standing, and even if Imes wants it down his only real style is "Football."
hippysmacker
3/29/07 9:32:50PM
The reason I'm picking Imes in this fight is Heath said he had a torn MCL for the O'brien fight. Unless he's lying , that is an injury that takes a lot longer to heal from. I guess we don't know for sure, but I believe the possibility exist that he just wanted to fight in his home state , and he is rushing back too quickly.
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/30/07 12:25:50AM

Posted by hippysmacker

The reason I'm picking Imes in this fight is Heath said he had a torn MCL for the O'brien fight. Unless he's lying , that is an injury that takes a lot longer to heal from. I guess we don't know for sure, but I believe the possibility exist that he just wanted to fight in his home state , and he is rushing back too quickly.

That depends on the severity of the tear. I gotta go with my boy Heath. Fighting in his hometown, and very upset over his debut. Herring by KO
ButterBalls
3/30/07 1:08:42AM

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Posted by hippysmacker

That depends on the severity of the tear. I gotta go with my boy Heath. Fighting in his hometown, and very upset over his debut. Herring by KO

my pick as well
snakeplissken
3/30/07 2:32:36AM
Herring for the win. I can't see the UFC putting one of their new acquisitions in for several beatings, Imes is overmatched with Herring. Although Imes is no can, I just can't see him getting the win.
Stickan
3/30/07 2:39:35AM
Doesn't Imes work out with MFS nowadays? I'm sure he's improved some since his last appearance in the UFC.

My reason to pick Herring is that he's got a good record against guys bigger than him. Gan McGee, Tom Erikson etc.
mrblonde55
3/30/07 11:11:56AM
Herring is a great fighter but it seems like every time he steps up to anyone decent he loses. With that being said, however, I think he will kill Imes! Imes doesn't have the experience and will get ko'd.
cowcatcher
3/30/07 11:20:03AM

Posted by hippysmacker

i wrestled badger state and other events with a torn acl for 3 years until i tore my mcl and had to have surgery so if it isnt a severe tear he could be back in action and not have to address it until it becomes a complete tear or something else goes. ive gotta go with herring in this one due to the green factor of imes and the fact that i think herring is going to be wanting to have a huge showing after the obrien fight
crimethinc
3/30/07 1:18:55PM
The thought of Imes winning never even crossed my mind. I will be severely humbled in my picking if Herring doesn't take this fight.
www-WeLoan-us
3/30/07 3:08:54PM
UFC will definitly air the Herring Fight they pay him way too much $$$ not to show the fight. Will be a great one also
cant_hit_bombz
3/30/07 4:56:40PM

Posted by www-WeLoan-us

UFC will definitly air the Herring Fight they pay him way too much $$$ not to show the fight. Will be a great one also

And Imes was in the TUF finale
Mastodon2
3/30/07 6:48:27PM
Herring will take it I think, I hope he picks up and after his dreadful UFC debut!

He used to be a pasable fighter, but his UFC debut was diabolical, I hope he was just having a (really) bad night, and this isnt what we can expect from him in future.
Rush
3/30/07 11:44:23PM
I'm not a fan of Herring, but objectively his UFC debut was a really poor showing compared to his fights in Pride.

I haven't seen Imes fight since the TUF finale (did he fight since then?) and was unimpressed. He is a classic example of a guy that knew nothing (or next to nothing) about MMA or even martial arts and is only big in size.

I predict that he wont make it far. There are more talented heavyweights than Imes.
Wannabe78
3/31/07 1:52:49PM
Herring needs to ditch that gay new stance he used in his last fight though...
pv3Hpv3p
3/31/07 4:07:47PM

Posted by Wannabe78

Herring needs to ditch that gay new stance he used in his last fight though...

Ya that did look rediculous, I think he said that it was due to his knee injury, take that for what it's worth...

I said that Heath would take his last fight easily and looked stupid afterwards, but I think since he's got an opponent that will stand and trade with him...

HH by KO rd 2
Stickan
3/31/07 8:58:28PM
mods please remove this post...