Herring confident of success

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Herring confident of success
MMAcca
8/7/08 1:26:35AM
Heath Herring will head into the Octagon against Brock Lesnar at UFC 87 on Saturday with no sense of fear.

Former WWE star Lesnar is looking to get his UFC career up and running following his defeat to Frank Mir at UFC 81, but he has been pitched in at the deep end against veteran Herring.

Herring, known as The Texas Crazy Horse, will not underestimate Lesnar but feels he has come up against better fighters during his career.

“I’ve fought bigger guys than him and better wrestlers than him,” Herring told ufc.com. “My experience is definitely a major advantage for me.

LINK
LoSt
8/7/08 7:24:09AM
all due respect to herring but the guy is nuts if he thinks he's fought a better wrestler then brock. If he were smart he'd know his only solid chance at winning is from his back since brock is going to take him down in about 5 seconds.

Jake obrien took heath down easily, ******* cheick kongo took herring down for christs sakes the man cant wrestle.
FantasyFighter
8/7/08 10:36:20AM
I like Heath and I know he has a ton of experience and at this point he thinks he's seen it all, but I disagree. Brock is a totally different animal. I think if Heath can weather the initial storm then the fight is his to lose. But that is one hell of a storm, and Im just not convinced yet that he will be able to handle the pressure Brock is going to put on him right out of the gate.
RampageOwnedYou
8/7/08 12:12:56PM

all due respect to herring but the guy is nuts if he thinks he's fought a better wrestler then brock. If he were smart he'd know his only solid chance at winning is from his back since brock is going to take him down in about 5 seconds.

Do you know what your even talking about?? Heith has beaten Mark Kerr, just as good as a wrestler as Lesnar IF NOT better, Mark Kerr defeated Randy Couture in the championships of NCAA.
casey64
8/7/08 12:36:08PM
I still think Brock is gonna win.