Hermes Franca wants a shot at B.J. Penn

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Hermes Franca wants a shot at B.J. Penn
Porch28
4/13/08 8:24:50AM
In a new interview with PunchDrunkGamer.com, free agent fighter Hermes Franca not only expressed an interest in a rematch with former UFC lightweight champion Sean Sherk, but also a fight against the current UFC lightweight champion, B.J. Penn:

LINK
Twenty20Dollars
4/13/08 10:43:40AM
that would be a crazy fight bj vs hermes, i'd like to see that!
whardin19
4/13/08 10:59:21AM
Easy there Hermes! How long has it been since you fought? Maybe you should get back into the octagon and win a few matches before you start calling out the big dogs. I think Hermes is definetally a top 10 in the UFC but the guys been out of action for a long ass time. I would actually like to see Franca vs. Stevenson.
cheesy-maggot
4/13/08 11:05:17AM

Posted by whardin19

Easy there Hermes! How long has it been since you fought? Maybe you should get back into the octagon and win a few matches before you start calling out the big dogs. I think Hermes is definetally a top 10 in the UFC but the guys been out of action for a long ass time. I would actually like to see Franca vs. Stevenson.

He said he wasn't calling anyone out. Who wouldn't want to fight the top guy in their weight division...?
prozacnation1978
4/13/08 12:07:15PM
franca belongs back in the ufc, he is exciting to watch, he would be a instant top 10 guy, i am curious if he would be rusty if he ever steps back in the cage. i am hoping the ufc will sign him and have him fight this summer, a guy as honest as him admitting he did steroids unlike sherk deserves a second chance
CantAndleDaRiddum
4/13/08 12:30:02PM
everyone WANTS a shot at penn, which is understandable. but if they (franca, guida, etc.) really wanna fight him, maybe they should win more fights

i love guida & franca, but i fail to see how them wanting to fight penn is news
JimiMak
4/13/08 12:31:25PM
I think they'll most likely make him win a cpl before bringing him back. Too bad they didn't do the same to the Roid Shark.
tylerlee123
4/13/08 12:49:58PM
Right now I think Franca should sit back and see how Sherk makes out because I dont think he can take Penn just yet
gartface
4/13/08 1:30:31PM

Posted by JimiMak

I think they'll most likely make him win a cpl before bringing him back. Too bad they didn't do the same to the Roid Shark.

IriShame
4/13/08 3:25:04PM
Did anyone see the Sherk vs. Franca fight? I don't like either one of those guys. Sherk is a lay and prayer and Franca just isn't great at anything. He's a jack of all trades master of none. That's cool, I guess, but the way the lightweight division is stacked right now who needs Hermes Franca? He's not a contender and he's not even in the top 12 as far as entertainment value for that division.
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
4/13/08 3:59:58PM
Right now he should be asking to be let back into the WEC. A re-match with Varner would do wonders for the promotion. Aside from that, the UFC wont take him back.
mrliquid
4/13/08 4:52:30PM
Franca has some dangerous knees I would love to see a stand up battle with him and BJ but he needs a few legit wins before it will ever happen.
jae_1833
4/13/08 5:06:26PM
I think Franca is a potentially very dangerous guy....when he comes in to be. He is very "hot or Cold" you know.... When he faught Sherk he should have known the guy's talent and strategy and done something more to counter it....I think he would need 2 solid wins before he got a shot at anything big, and I mean finishes....then maybe a number one contendar spot.
quezocrema0032
4/13/08 5:20:45PM
Francas is deff top 10 ... the ufc let so many people come back after riods y not hermes ? ... he could beat sooo many people in that weight class has a win over nate diaz 2 so the ufc should set that fight up ... well yea hermes got the short end of the stick and i wish him the best =D ...
MaxOne
4/13/08 5:46:25PM
I'd love to see him back but i don't see him giving sherk or penn much trouble.
GSPCanada
4/13/08 6:05:13PM
I don't think Hermes could take BJ but he needs to be allowed back in the UFC, he's entertaining and finishes fights not to mention he knocked sherk out in that fight but sherk recovered.

the guy needs to win a few more fights and prove that he can win and be clean at the same time and the ufc will let him back in