Hermes Franca Or Sean Sherk???

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Hermes Franca Or Sean Sherk???
Next Page »
POLL: Hermes Franca vs. Sean Sherk?
Hermes Franca 37% (16)
Sean Sherk 63% (27)
HighKick07
5/26/07 8:11:32PM
I think this is a great lightweight match.I really hope we see more from sherk than the wrestling though.Hermes looks better and better all the time.What do u think the outcome will be???(P.S.) Shogun Rua comin soon watch out winner of Chuck vs Rampage!!
rcg916
5/28/07 1:52:20AM
anyone seen Nate Diaz/Hermes Franca? Diaz was soundly beating him... bad. Until the armbar, but 2 solid rounds of domination. Really showed his skills.
rameydl8
5/28/07 3:06:14AM
franca is gonna mangle it
xthe_scottx
5/28/07 3:11:12AM
I think people really underrate Sherk. He is a really good wrestler but he also a very well rounded fighter. I'm very confident in Sherk in this fight. IMO it's a bad fight for Hermes. Franca has heavy hands though and who knows in an MMA fight.
Violentcuv
5/28/07 3:20:55AM
muscle shark
keith-hackney1
5/28/07 8:52:34AM
Franca will dominate sherk !!!
xchickox
5/28/07 10:49:44AM
sherk everytime
hughesfan1
5/28/07 11:28:15AM

Posted by Violentcuv

muscle shark

bayonetxwork
5/28/07 4:30:09PM
I'm not gonna lie, its definitely very hard to pick against Sherk at LW. But, I just think Franca has the perfect style to beat Sherk. His ground game off of his back is sick, which is where he will end up inevitably. I'll pick Franca by 2nd round submission. However, if that doesn't happen, and Sherk keeps the pressure on like he normally does, either a decision or late round TKO by sherk.
rameydl8
5/30/07 12:19:04PM
this is a hard decision...i like franca and sherk.but i think it will be franca
johny_rotten
5/30/07 1:45:32PM
I am picking Hermes for the same reasons I picked Anderson over Franklin. Sherk isn't great at finishing opponents, and Hermes is too dangerous to keep around for 5 rounds.

I also think this is the worst match up for Sherk in the UFC. Sherk's bread and butter is his wrestling, and his power. Much like Kos vs Sanchez I have to wonder if Sherk will resist his dominant wrestling due to how much better Hermes is on the ground. If he stands with Hermes he does have an advantage in technical striking, but lacks KO power. Hermes on the other hand only needs to hit him once to change the fight. I think this will be a war, but Hermes will keep coming, and eventually stop him.
cowcatcher
5/30/07 1:59:59PM
i like sherk here. hes so damn strong, and he hasnt been beaten by anyone outside of elite fighters. franca is great and fun to watch, but i dont see him in the same league as the guys to previously beat sherk....at least not yet
MisFiT
5/31/07 2:46:36AM
Sherk, nothins stoppin that dude.
Northrend
5/31/07 4:14:32AM
Franca for me, Sherk has to go 5rounds IMO to win it were as Franca can easily KO him or sub him.
ac_gi
5/31/07 4:55:16AM

Posted by Northrend

Franca for me, Sherk has to go 5rounds IMO to win it were as Franca can easily KO him or sub him.

Easily

Sherk has never been submitted in 34 fights, but Franca can easily sub him? Florian was supposed to be good on the ground as well, but that didn't stop Sherk from pounding him silly for 5 rounds. If he were to be submitted, it would have to be by choke. His limbs are too short and stocky to be bar'ed.

But that won’t happen.

Sherk by unanimous decision. All three judges score the bout 50-45. (but i'm hoping for a GnP stoppage in round 3)
MisFiT
5/31/07 1:10:05PM

Posted by ac_gi

Posted by Northrend

Easily

Sherk has never been submitted in 34 fights, but Franca can easily sub him? Florian was supposed to be good on the ground as well, but that didn't stop Sherk from pounding him silly for 5 rounds. If he were to be submitted, it would have to be by choke. His limbs are too short and stocky to be bar'ed.

But that won’t happen.

Sherk by unanimous decision. All three judges score the bout 50-45. (but i'm hoping for a GnP stoppage in round 3)

I agree 110% lol.
pv3Hpv3p
5/31/07 3:07:10PM
Sherk is an animal... I like Hermes just fine, but I think that Stevenson should be getting the first shot... Hermes has a punchers chance, but I just don't see Sherk being stopped until some of the elite LWs come along, like BJ, Gomi, Kawajiri, etc...
ac_gi
6/1/07 12:45:39AM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Sherk is an animal... I like Hermes just fine, but I think that Stevenson should be getting the first shot... Hermes has a punchers chance, but I just don't see Sherk being stopped until some of the elite LWs come along, like BJ, Gomi, Kawajiri, etc...

I would'nt mind seeing a Stevenson v Sherk fight. However, I think Hermes has the better striking game, which will result in the better fight.
ultimatefighter33
6/2/07 9:23:24PM
hands down Hermes franca will be the new ufc lightweight champion sherk doesnt have any submision skills or any submission defense
MisFiT
6/3/07 12:04:41AM

Posted by ultimatefighter33

hands down Hermes franca will be the new ufc lightweight champion sherk doesnt have any submision skills or any submission defense

And that was the most Idiotic post I have ever seen in every single Forum I've ever been on.
Gladiator
6/3/07 2:26:30AM

Posted by bayonetxwork

I'm not gonna lie, its definitely very hard to pick against Sherk at LW. But, I just think Franca has the perfect style to beat Sherk. His ground game off of his back is sick, which is where he will end up inevitably. I'll pick Franca by 2nd round submission. However, if that doesn't happen, and Sherk keeps the pressure on like he normally does, either a decision or late round TKO by sherk.

i dont know... my pick is probably sherk but i can see franca winning and i think it will be by knockout with those bombs he throws instead of a submission.
mkiv9secsupra
6/3/07 12:05:53PM
Hermes Franca is a b level fighter....He has horrible stikes, NO wrestling skills, and subpar submissions.... He wont even be able to last 3 rounds with Sherk, much less 5 rounds.
Sherk by GnP rd 2
rdowney19
6/3/07 12:16:39PM
Franca by split
blkssncpt
6/3/07 3:27:39PM
I think Franca fer sure
johny_rotten
6/3/07 3:54:31PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Hermes Franca is a b level fighter....He has horrible stikes, NO wrestling skills, and subpar submissions.... He wont even be able to last 3 rounds with Sherk, much less 5 rounds.
Sherk by GnP rd 2

I am sorry but that is the worst post I have ever read. Sub par submission?!?!?!? Hermes is world class on the ground. He also has quite possibly the heaviest hand in the LW class.
hughesfan1
6/3/07 3:57:35PM
Sherk GnP Rnd 3
bayonetxwork
6/3/07 4:42:58PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Sherk by GnP rd 2

LMFAO. His jits is sickkkkkkk, and he throws bombs on the feet. He can KO almost anyone with a punch, and submit nearly everyone in the UFCs LW division. Even though the first half of your post was retarded, the outcome sounds pretty legit.

MisFiT
6/3/07 5:11:29PM
Alright, this is how I think this is gonna go down, Hermes is gonna come out strong, Sherk is gonna get the takedown and stay dominant throughout the round having to fight some Sub attempts, Sherk takes each Round. I cant see Hermes really overwhelming Sherk, but I can see Sherk overwhelming him, not completely but enough to secure a Unan Dec. Definetely gonna be a good and intense matchup, I just dont think Franca will be able to catch Sherk in any position whatsoever to set up any of his Submissions, and I dont think he will get the least bit done Standing up with Sherk's aggressive Takedowns and cause he's always workin for them.
johny_rotten
6/3/07 7:24:38PM

Posted by MisFiT

Alright, this is how I think this is gonna go down, Hermes is gonna come out strong, Sherk is gonna get the takedown and stay dominant throughout the round having to fight some Sub attempts, Sherk takes each Round. I cant see Hermes really overwhelming Sherk, but I can see Sherk overwhelming him, not completely but enough to secure a Unan Dec. Definetely gonna be a good and intense matchup, I just dont think Franca will be able to catch Sherk in any position whatsoever to set up any of his Submissions, and I dont think he will get the least bit done Standing up with Sherk's aggressive Takedowns and cause he's always workin for them.

We have seen Hermes play possum before for a couple rounds then come out blazing in the 3rd. I would expect this for this bout as well. He won't be able to stop the take down in the first couple rounds, but as Sherk tires is when I see Hermes being dangerous. They are both bulldogs, and you can't count on either of them gassing, but Franca is just too dangerous to keep around for 5 rounds. If Sherk wins I see it being decided by a cut that stops the fight. Otherwise I see Hermes catching Sean coming in at some point of this fight.
keith-hackney1
6/5/07 11:38:59AM
Sherk wasnt good enough to hold a belt in the welter weight division, as he lost to hughes and st.pierre, Then he dropped down to lightweight, He scored enough take downs to beat diaz then beat kenny florian to win the ufc lw belt ???
No way is franca a class b fighter, he's worked through all those guys to challenge for the belt. He didnt walk straight into a title fight against a weaker opponant like sherk did. Kenny florian wasnt champ contender staus when he fought the muscle shark. Sherk is an awesome and powerful wrestler. Franca is an awesome jj black belt with a great stand up game, out of the two i think franca is more well rounded as an mma practioner. Thats why i pick franca to take it, sherk can be submitted, just like all fighters in mma he is human, and seen as st.pierre bloodied him up on the canva's anything is possible for franca as he is well rounded and able to finish. Will be a very tough fight but i choose franca. Pm me as i will take all bets on franca to take it !!!
Pages: [1] 2