Hermes Franca Released from UFC Contract

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Hermes Franca Released from UFC Contract
nickcuc547
2/24/08 8:57:35PM
Former UFC lightweight contender Hermes Franca has been released from his contract with the UFC, the 33-year-old confirmed in a recent message-board posting.

Franca expects to return to competition in July when his current one-year suspension ends.

http://mmajunkie.com/2008/02/24/hermes-franca-released-from-ufc-contract/#comments
BlazinSaddle
2/24/08 9:11:03PM
i'm just so mad that franca gets the bad end of the deal and sherk gets to fight for the belt because he said he didnt do it, so i guess if hermes said he was framed too he would have gotten a lesser sentance too i guess, and nakamura tests positive for pot and he isnt even due to come back from what ive heard, this steroid crap could ruin MMA's legitimacy
juanez13
2/24/08 9:12:24PM

Posted by BlazinSaddle

i'm just so mad that franca gets the bad end of the deal and sherk gets to fight for the belt because he said he didnt do it, so i guess if hermes said he was framed too he would have gotten a lesser sentance too i guess, and nakamura tests positive for pot and he isnt even due to come back from what ive heard, this steroid crap could ruin MMA's legitimacy

hermes asked to be released from his contract.
Tein_Lung
2/24/08 9:13:25PM
i think its BS that he cannot compete outsid the us when he is suspended by the CSAC.... what does t matter to them if he goes to japan to fight and earn money..... both took the juice Hermes maned up to it and got in more trouble then Sherk who lied about it
puppetmaster837
2/24/08 9:18:58PM

Posted by Tein_Lung

i think its BS that he cannot compete outsid the us when he is suspended by the CSAC.... what does t matter to them if he goes to japan to fight and earn money..... both took the juice Hermes maned up to it and got in more trouble then Sherk who lied about it

Because all supporting evidence shows that Sherk did lie about it, like the lie detector test.....oh wait, he passed that.
BlazinSaddle
2/24/08 9:30:31PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by BlazinSaddle

hermes asked to be released from his contract.

i dont care if he did or not, the whole thing is b/s
Aaronno9
2/24/08 9:33:59PM

Posted by puppetmaster837

Posted by Tein_Lung

Because all supporting evidence shows that Sherk did lie about it, like the lie detector test.....oh wait, he passed that.

I lie detector test isnt really proof though. I think the fact he actually tested positive holds more water than i lie detector test.

It sucks for franca though, it seems like he asked to be released before he was told he wouldnt beable to fight outside the u.s, but his contract was already cancelled by then. I hope he gets another chance in the ufc becouse he normally puts on a good show, unless hes being laid on top of for a full fight.
Sir_Karl
2/24/08 9:37:00PM
That stinks. Hermes is one of my favorites. One consolation is wherever he goes he is sure to be at the top of his weight division.
juanez13
2/24/08 9:39:09PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by Tein_Lung

I lie detector test isnt really proof though. I think the fact he actually tested positive holds more water than i lie detector test.

he took other tests like blood tests and whatnot, he gave enough evidence so the CSAC gave him the benefit of doubt........i personally think he did it, especially looking at his physic, and the way he trains, but believe what you want, he is still put alot of stuff that suggested it might have been something else, unlike franca who said yea i did it, no matter the circumstances, he still confesed that he did it, and there is no getting around that.
BlazinSaddle
2/24/08 9:43:20PM

Posted by Tein_Lung

many many many people have lied and still passed that test, its the state of mind your in, if you really feel in your mind that you wanna get away with something you make the lie into truth... he tested positive the end, dont hug on sherk its annoying when people blindly think hes telling the truth when a lie dectector test is easily beaten.
gabe531
2/24/08 9:48:31PM
im not sure but if the fbi and cia still hold merit to the lie detector test i think it works quite abit. i agree that the double standard sucks but whats worse to me is that fighters taking roids to help them out. hermes admitted to it. if ufc dont like that in him then they should cut him. sherk didnt admit to it and his sentence was reduced so ufc couldve been in deep financial shit if they released him without reason.
quezocrema0032
2/24/08 10:16:33PM
im crushed i love hermes francas how dont u like the guy ? he works hard and is entertaing ... i rember during the count down hes like for sherk 2 beat me hes gona have 2 beat my heart and no one could beat my heart or some thing like that ... hes agood guy those are rare in this sport ... sigh well hopefully he comes back
WAR FRANCAS !
(I NEVER PUT THAT B4 =/ DID I DO IT RITE ?)
candynuts
2/24/08 11:29:59PM

Posted by quezocrema0032

i rember during the count down hes like for sherk 2 beat me hes gona have 2 beat my heart and no one could beat my heart or some thing like that ...
(I NEVER PUT THAT B4 =/ DID I DO IT RITE ?)

If Sean Sherk wants to win the fight, he has to stop my heart, and its hard... BELIEVE ME...
"Puh" If Sean Sherk takes me down, he'll be doing me a favor.. BELIEVE ME

He said the words "believe me" about a million times during the count down.
Anyone notice it?

Too bad Hermes is gone though.

jae_1833
2/24/08 11:35:46PM
Totally lame...I think the guy is a top 10-15 LW!!! I thought for sure when he came back he would go on a warpath too. I sure hope he gets a new contract in the future.
RMFG_187
2/24/08 11:52:35PM
Who cares that hes not in the UFC.

Why not add him too DREAM's LW Tourney? would be CRAZY!
telnights
2/25/08 3:57:50AM
This was Franca's choice. If this is what he wanted than so be it. I wouldn't be shocked to see him back in the UFC near years end.
CornishMMA
2/25/08 7:03:09AM

Posted by RMFG_187

Who cares that hes not in the UFC.

Why not add him too DREAM's LW Tourney? would be CRAZY!

Well me, and alot of other people who already posted

But yeah that would be good, more likely he will sign with Elite XC tho