Hermes Franca

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Hermes Franca
holt8081
7/17/08 12:49:55AM
should Hermes Franca be in the top 10, after all he did fight the champ before they both got busted. It seems like everybody has forgot about him, he was a really good fighter.
DiabloFreak56
7/17/08 12:55:55AM
i dont think top 10.. but i cant wait to see him return.. hopefully we can see a really nice KO of frankie edgar.... i use to be a huge fan and then lost a little respect for the roids
Rush
7/17/08 9:52:18AM

Posted by DiabloFreak56

i dont think top 10.. but i cant wait to see him return.. hopefully we can see a really nice KO of frankie edgar.... i use to be a huge fan and then lost a little respect for the roids

I am still a fan of Hermes. I think his fighting style is very interesting.

I did give him some credit for owning up to using the steroids though. He took his punishment and was quiet about it.
casey64
7/17/08 12:44:42PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by DiabloFreak56

I did give him some credit for owning up to using the steroids though. He took his punishment and was quiet about it.

Ditto.
Pookie
7/17/08 12:47:42PM

Posted by casey64

Posted by Rush

Posted by DiabloFreak56

Ditto.

he manned up about it, and took his punishment like a man while sherk lied about it and got his sentence reduced. The whole time never saying a bad thing about anyone... and even after the fact he explained that it to heal an injury so that he could fight and provide his family with some income when they were going through a bad stretch.

to hermes, everybody makes mistakes, but very few own up to them with absolute honesty.
fullerene
7/17/08 1:04:08PM
The key to him being top 10 is winning in two days. If he does, there's no question in my mind that the belongs there and if he doesn't then I don't see how he can be in that group.

I'd like to see him work his way for a shot at Penn. That's an intriguing matchup because I think it's one guy Penn won't want to go to the ground with (Serra is another). I think BJ could beat him several ways, but he would need to alter his normal gameplan to do so.
treyhodge
7/17/08 4:34:04PM
I have missed Hermes' crazy looping punches! I think he and Edgar will match up good. I think the steroids thing is over and done and I respect him for how he handled it (very honest, no excuses).

With that said, I think he's top ten. He's always exciting to watch (he was exciting even with Sherk IMO) and he stays aggressive which I really like.
Quasar
7/17/08 6:00:44PM

Posted by treyhodge

I have missed Hermes' crazy looping punches! I think he and Edgar will match up good. I think the steroids thing is over and done and I respect him for how he handled it (very honest, no excuses).

With that said, I think he's top ten. He's always exciting to watch (he was exciting even with Sherk IMO) and he stays aggressive which I really like.

agree with everything
holt8081
7/17/08 10:50:06PM
ya that sucked he was so close to knocking sherk out with a knee