Ed Herman: It’s win or get cut at UFC 97

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Ed Herman: It’s win or get cut at UFC 97
SmileR
4/13/09 3:38:47PM
“I think this is going to be a really exciting fight. Hopefully it’s Fight of the Night or Ass Whooping of the Night. I’m looking to finish him as fast as I can…I’ve lost two in a row and if I lose another fight, the UFC will probably cut me so I’m trying to keep my job. It’s rough times. It’s a bad economy, so I gotta keep my damn job so I can keep living. I respect Loiseau, but on the 18th, I’m going in there to beat his ass.”

– Ed Herman — middleweight finalist on The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 3 — talks about his upcoming fight with hometown favorite David Loiseau at UFC 97 from The Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, on April 18. “Short Fuse” is looking to rebound from back-to-back losses and prevent himself from being a victim of a contractual “Spring Cleaning.” That might not be so easy against “The Crow,” who also is fighting to remain on the UFC roster. The former middleweight contender was invited back to the Octagon after putting together a solid 4-2 record outside of the promotion. Loser leaves town? Perhaps not if they can pull off fight of the night. What say you?

Link
babytater03
4/13/09 3:43:57PM
after watching TUF3 replays i really came to like Ed Herman. I hope he can put together a good showing and if he does lose still can have a place in the UFC.
FedortoAll
4/13/09 4:23:20PM
Nothing against Ed Herman, but I want to see The Crow succeed in his UFC return.
fizzle
4/13/09 4:39:25PM

Posted by FedortoAll

Nothing against Ed Herman, but I want to see The Crow succeed in his UFC return.

I'm of the same mind on this one. Really though if it gets FOTN honers then it is entirely possible neither would be cut.
Twenty20Dollars
4/13/09 4:39:56PM

Posted by FedortoAll

Me too, but I think Herman grinds out a decision win.
nickcuc547
4/13/09 5:09:21PM
i think this is a good matchup for ed, i think he has the wrestling to take the crow down and herman's strengths are his weaknesses.
FedortoAll
4/13/09 5:43:58PM
The problem with Ed though, is that he's prone to fighting stupidly. He should have kept going for the takedowns against Belcher instead of playing into the stand-up game where he's nothing special. Not that I'm saying Alan Belcher's a great stand-up fighter, because I think he grossly overestimates his abilities, but why would you play into someone's strength when you have an edge somewhere else? Unless you're Fedor, you're more than likely not going to get away with such a strategy.
gnl68
4/13/09 8:19:52PM
I would like to see David win and win big.Being Canadian and into mma,Dave has been a mentor to many young fighters and fans throughout Canada.I'm not a big fan of us vs them,i am not a Ed Herman fan though.He is a real good fighter,with tons of heart.His striking is not as good as Daves and watch those elbows.Ed Herman to win will have to take the fight to the ground.If he doesn't get caught coming in,and dave cant sprawl,then gasses.Ed might have a chance at a submission.Jason McDonald's win over Ed was awesome,looking for a repeat,but on the feat!!
motorboatensob
4/13/09 8:46:53PM
That sucks I like Ed he is a fun fighter to watch.
prozacnation1978
4/13/09 11:18:57PM
i like ed but he is right if he loses and it aint fight of the night i think he will get cut
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
4/13/09 11:29:28PM
going for the crow to win by dec
State_Champ
4/17/09 10:52:48AM
I almost hope Ed herman does get cut ,and then gets picked up by Strikeforce, just because I would love to see him rematch Strikeforce's Scott Smith (Smith has been on quite a streak lately)