Herman the real tuf winner?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Herman the real tuf winner?
nickcuc547
11/4/07 9:59:05AM
i know he isnt but you have to admit he is getting a lot more big name fighters than kendall grove is. his first fight after tuf was jason mcdonald where kendall got chris price. herman got thrown price after his loss but since then kendall has lost to patrick cote and beaten alan belcher who is pretty good. herman got scott smith and now doerkensen who is a big test and a crafty vet. if herman wins his career could be on the ups a lot faster than groves.
ohiostate1016
11/4/07 10:07:46AM
I think that Herman is handling himself better in the UFC. He had more experience that Grove coming out of TUF, and a lot of people did consider that an upset that Grove won TUF 3 over Herman. Herman is probably ranked higher in the MW division right now, but it's based on performance.

Plus, you can never underestimate the fact that Grove has close ties to Dana White's nemesis, Tito Ortiz.
tuvok500
11/4/07 10:50:04AM
No, the real winner was Grove even if Herman was the favorite to win the final !!

Grove was better prepared, in better shape and he won the fight !!

of course Herman is a good fighter and that's why Dana gave him a contract even if he lost.

The last defeate of Grove have maybe changed some opinion about him but he can still comeback strong in the futur !!

Boo_Radley21
11/4/07 12:45:40PM

Posted by tuvok500

The last defeate of Grove have maybe changed some opinion about him but he can still comeback strong in the futur !!

Horray for Cote!
tuvok500
11/4/07 1:21:38PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Posted by tuvok500

Horray for Cote!

Of course hurray for Cote !!! LOL

Franklinfan47
11/4/07 1:31:11PM
I think they're about even right now, sort of in the middle of the middleweight division lol. Both have some impressive wins and both have some bad losses.
MALICE
11/4/07 5:40:55PM
To me, that is still one of the most exciting fights I have ever seen. Those two left it all out on the mat. It was a really close fight. I could have seen either fighter winning that fight. But when the judges gave the fight to Grove, I had no objections. They are about even to me in the MW standings right now. Whoever wins will pull ahead in my book. If they both win, I will put Ed ahead, for I believe he is facing the tougher opponent.
ohiostate1016
11/4/07 6:45:43PM
Does anyone think it's possible that we could see a rematch of this fight in the near future? Neither one is really ready for a title shot, but a rematch of this fight could be billed as a "Number 2 contenders" match. Kind of like the guy who gets a shot after the guy who gets a shot. Know what I mean?

I'd like to see this fight again.
Lil-J
11/4/07 6:57:15PM

Posted by tuvok500

No, the real winner was Grove even if Herman was the favorite to win the final !!

Grove was better prepared, in better shape and he won the fight !!

He wasnt denieing the fact that Herman lost to Grove, he's stating that it seems since the show that Herman has been getting the bigger, better fights and is making more of a name for himself.

I dont see anywhere in the TS's post where he says Grove lost.
bls1919
11/4/07 7:45:11PM
I would like to see them fight again. I think that kendall has kinda plateued as a fighter. Where as Herman looks to be progressing with every fight. Also Kendalls chin is weak(imo)
Stickan
11/4/07 8:01:03PM
I think it's a case of the UFC wanting to build up their TUF winner. Herman is the #2 guy so they really don't care. If he wins, GOOD. If he loses, build up the other guy. Like Jason MacDonald for example which they tried to.

They probably expected Grove to beat Cote and they would probably have fed him MacDonald or something after that before building up a title fight between Grove and Silva. But as shown many times before....MMA isn't science and it's very unpredictable. Cote messed up their plans with Grove but him being the #2 TUF guy, it's possible that they'll make another run at building him up as a threat to Anderson.
xAcidburNx
11/5/07 3:53:07AM
honestly i dont see it possible for either fighter to stand a chance against silva. herman looked good in his last fight but anyone can look good when you got scott smith on the ground. the guys a striker. lets see how herman does agaisnt a good grappler such as el dirte. as for kendal. anyone have an idea of who hes fighting next. id be sweet to see herman and kendall win there next fights and then see a rematch between the two. god knows the ufc would like to see that happen.
KYGUY07
11/5/07 7:59:51AM
if herman and grove fought right now herman would submit grove.
hippysmacker
11/6/07 3:27:09AM

Posted by nickcuc547

i know he isnt but you have to admit he is getting a lot more big name fighters than kendall grove is. his first fight after tuf was jason mcdonald where kendall got chris price. herman got thrown price after his loss but since then kendall has lost to patrick cote and beaten alan belcher who is pretty good. herman got scott smith and now doerkensen who is a big test and a crafty vet. if herman wins his career could be on the ups a lot faster than groves.

I have always thought Herman beat Grovel,if you have to pick a winner . It's still a shame that they had to pick a loser in that fight.
xAcidburNx
11/6/07 4:20:21AM
with out a ten point must system i dont think there would have been a definative winner
shackle
11/6/07 7:37:15AM
I agree I thought he won also, but it was razor close.... too close to call really.

Posted by hippysmacker

I have always thought Herman beat Grovel,if you have to pick a winner . It's still a shame that they had to pick a loser in that fight.