Hepatitis B

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Hepatitis B
xxDuke
11/17/08 2:26:47PM
I was wanting to start bjj but I haven't got a shot for hepatitis b should I wait and get the shot or just train without it
dannyfrank
11/17/08 3:53:09PM
if you're worried about it then get the shot. it's not like it takes that long to do
Rush
11/17/08 5:21:00PM
You should get the vaccine regardless.
JoeySteel
11/17/08 6:34:24PM
I can't remember which vaccine is which , but one of them takes a three shot series, so it could take a while to become fully vaccinated. How long is hep b vaccine?
Wolfenstein
11/17/08 9:07:46PM
3-for-Life
The hepatitis B vaccine is safe and >95% effective at preventing HBV infection. Vaccination
involves a series of 3 shots given over 6 months, and can provide lifelong immunity against
HBV. The hepatitis B vaccine is so effective at preventing HBV infection and liver cancer that
it is known as the world’s first “anti-cancer vaccine.” No booster shots are recommended by
the CDC. The vaccination series can be started at any age. For people who have fallen behind
schedule, the series may be continued without starting over. The usual schedule is as follows:
1st shot 1 month 2nd shot 5 months 3rd shot

This isn't the only vaccination option, so I would call your doctor explain to him what you are going to be involved in, and ask him what your best option would be to get out there as soon as possible.
The-Don
11/17/08 10:24:57PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

3-for-Life
The hepatitis B vaccine is safe and >95% effective at preventing HBV infection. Vaccination
involves a series of 3 shots given over 6 months, and can provide lifelong immunity against
HBV. The hepatitis B vaccine is so effective at preventing HBV infection and liver cancer that
it is known as the world’s first “anti-cancer vaccine.” No booster shots are recommended by
the CDC. The vaccination series can be started at any age. For people who have fallen behind
schedule, the series may be continued without starting over. The usual schedule is as follows:
1st shot 1 month 2nd shot 5 months 3rd shot

This isn't the only vaccination option, so I would call your doctor explain to him what you are going to be involved in, and ask him what your best option would be to get out there as soon as possible.

that sounded almost like one of the drug commercials on TV and as I typed this there is one on TV mentioning Hep B