Hendricks, What else does he have?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Hendricks, What else does he have?
wurzel
11/18/12 11:44:24PM
Besides that massive overhand left he has used to great effect recently, what else does Johny really bring to the table?

I've personally not seen enough of his wresting (although, it is supposed to be great) to justify that as a legit weapon he uses in the octagon. He seems very one note with his wins and way of winning.

Please discuss....
kingsmasher
11/19/12 12:16:35AM
wrestling
FastKnockout
11/19/12 12:25:52AM
Not sure what more you could ask from the guy? The only aspect of the game he's missing is his submission grappling. His wrestling is legit and you've seen what he can do with his hands. His chin seems solid too. He just prefers using his wrestling in reverse to allow him to use his hands like Koscheck and Ellenberger.
Chael_Sonnen
11/19/12 12:39:01AM
41 pound weight cut - - - Grease should just hand him over the title just for being a badass....with a man beard.
frizzzlecake
11/19/12 2:31:40AM
Dolce Diet
Concrete Hands inscribed with bible versues
Wrasslin
Beard
God In his corner
Not afraid to throw hellish bombs
wurzel
11/19/12 8:17:00AM

Posted by FastKnockout

Not sure what more you could ask from the guy? The only aspect of the game he's missing is his submission grappling. His wrestling is legit and you've seen what he can do with his hands. His chin seems solid too. He just prefers using his wrestling in reverse to allow him to use his hands like Koscheck and Ellenberger.

Yep,

AND

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

41 pound weight cut - - - Grease should just hand him over the title just for being a badass....with a man beard.

Yep!

I guess I already knew the answers to the question, if only I had taken a minute or 2 to think about them. I guess we could all do with another Chuck Lidell in the mix.
Not that I am complaining. Who doesn't love to see great KO finishes?
thevoodooninja
11/19/12 8:32:56AM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

I agree but I have a feeling this guy has never had anything givin to him. I suspect that he'll just take the title when he gets his chance
pmoney
11/19/12 2:55:43PM
Hendricks also has an epic chin. I don't recall seeing him rocked or dropped. His only loss is to Rick Story, which was a sick fight when they were both peaking in their careers. Hendricks seems to have learned from that fight, as is evidenced from his fights since that loss.

Sure, his fight with Pierce was razor thin, and I think he actually lost to Koscheck, but he got the judges nod in both and he's impressed in all of his fights pretty much.
infestructure
11/19/12 3:09:02PM

Posted by frizzzlecake
God In his corner

Gonna channel the late Cooler here- leave that shit out of it
tepid55
11/19/12 5:01:29PM
He was a 2-time NCAA champion wrestler and he has also had some BJJ training under Marc Laimon.
jjeans
11/19/12 5:21:37PM
I think he might be a little too flat footed for the Number one in the division? Is that just me?
jakewalters
11/19/12 5:33:48PM
Hendricks and GSP are the best two wrestlers in the WW division, period. If Hendricks can quell those GSP takedowns and keep it standing, Georges might be in trouble.
wurzel
11/19/12 7:05:32PM

Posted by jakewalters

Hendricks and GSP are the best two wrestlers in the WW division, period.

If Fitch hadn't been KTFO by Hendricks, then I would've bet money on Fitch getting the better of the grappling exchanges in that fight.

george112
11/19/12 7:39:54PM
Iron chin.
Good wrestling.
Knockout power.

All the tools for success
Chael_Sonnen
11/19/12 8:08:41PM

Posted by frizzzlecake

Dolce Diet
Wrasslin
Beard
God In his corner
Not afraid to throw hellish bombs

Cooler version 2.0

Great, another waste of space will try to be "that guy"
kingsmasher
11/19/12 8:14:12PM

Posted by wurzel

Posted by jakewalters

If Fitch hadn't been KTFO by Hendricks, then I would've bet money on Fitch getting the better of the grappling exchanges in that fight.

I totally agree...Hendricks has good wrestling but the reach of GSP makes it easy for him to take guys down even when they try to establish a wide base...

Jon Fitch got caught...Kampmann probably thought it was a fluke....SO he got caught....

GSP will jab at Hendricks.....He wont win that fight...

Av bets when it happens all day...
State_Champ
11/19/12 11:42:54PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by wurzel

Posted by jakewalters

I totally agree...Hendricks has good wrestling but the reach of GSP makes it easy for him to take guys down even when they try to establish a wide base...

Jon Fitch got caught...Kampmann probably thought it was a fluke....SO he got caught....

GSP will jab at Hendricks.....He wont win that fight...

Av bets when it happens all day...

Pfffftttt.... The UFC would never schedule an all day fight.