What if Hendo wins?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » What if Hendo wins?
Manfred
2/5/07 9:40:16AM
Serious question:

If Hendo wins, is PRIDE going to let him keep both belts?

If Sakakibara keeps his word and puts a title on the line in EVERY future PPV, how is hendo going to keep up? He''ll have a defense every other PPV.

Has Hendo or PRIDE spoken out on this?
madmarck
2/5/07 10:01:49AM
He will probably Release one belt. Holding onto Two means fighting the best far to often. Imahine Henderson fihgting Denis Kang one month and then Marcio Rua the next. That would be sick. Far to hard to hold onto 2 belts in Pride or UFC. Doable in smaller orgs but very hard in Bigger ones.
Manfred
2/5/07 11:50:33AM
I asked this on Sherdog too and got an interesting reply.

If Wandy lost, would he try to go to the UFC? Would Dana low-ball him after back-to-back losses?

pv3Hpv3p
2/5/07 1:23:20PM
I don't think Dana would low-ball him, maybe won't pay him as much as some guy who just won the OWGP, but Silva's fighting style is very, very easy to market to UFC fans who don't know of him...

And any of us who do, Wandy / Chuck... In a cage... Holy sh!t...

It's a win / win for Dana either way...
hippysmacker
2/19/07 9:38:47PM
Not only could we see Wandy / Chuck finally, but Shogun could finally go after the 205 lb. title. I still think Wandy takes it, but if Hendo were to be smart and go for the takedown and keep him there he could pull it out. I actually want it to happen just to see Wandy/Chuck and end all the speculation.
zephead
2/19/07 9:43:18PM
If, IF, IF Hendo can catch Wandy with the right and take advantage of it this time. Wandy's recovery time is sick though.
loller90278
2/19/07 9:44:48PM
me being a noteable pride nuthugger and all, am ashamed to say if wandy were to come to ufc, he'd lose to chuck ... the rules are to chucks advantage, the 5 minute rounds also, and its just a bad matchup for wand IMO

but i truly believe hendo will win this one, just a gut feeling
Kudos
2/19/07 10:48:11PM
If Hendo win, it's a good thing for Pride because Hendo could draw a lot of American fans. Plus, Shogun finally can get a shot at the belt. Shogun could be a very huge star if he have the belt. Dan have a very good chance of winning this fight by decision. When Dan train for his fight serious, there's a good chance that he win.
deadcore
2/19/07 11:03:23PM
I also think that hendo can win this one. their other fight was a close fight and I believe henderson has more skills now. Should be a fun one to watch though!
ac_gi
2/19/07 11:13:09PM

Posted by loller90278
...if wandy were to come to ufc, he'd lose to chuck ... the rules are to chucks advantage...

How are the "rules" to Chucks advantage?

Chuck doesn't go to the ground, so no need to worry about kicks to the head. I haven't seen chuck use his elbows much. Maybe I'm missing something.
loller90278
2/19/07 11:41:42PM
if the fight for some reason ends up at the ground, wandy can't stomp on his frickin mowahk through his head and such.. soccer kicks, stomps, knees to the head while on ground.. no yellow card to penalize slow action

stuff like that
ac_gi
2/19/07 11:57:03PM

Posted by loller90278

if the fight for some reason ends up at the ground, wandy can't stomp on his frickin mowahk through his head and such.. soccer kicks, stomps, knees to the head while on ground.. no yellow card to penalize slow action

stuff like that

Slow action, are we talking about the same guy? And, again, Chuck doesn't go to the ground.
OB_Juan
2/20/07 1:03:54AM
IF Hendo were to win he'd probably lose both belts in his next 2 fights. Filho or Misaki either one could take it away from him in Japan and Shogun would totally outclass him.
loller90278
2/20/07 2:50:10AM

Posted by ac_gi

Posted by loller90278

stuff like that

Slow action, are we talking about the same guy? And, again, Chuck doesn't go to the ground.

chuck is a counter puncher, he doesnt press the action. if he were to wait like he does in ufc, he MIGHT get penalized in pride but probably not. and once again if u read my post i said if the fight for some reason goes to the mat, wandy is at a disadvtanage. i dont see your argument valid by just saying "chuck doesnt go to the ground".. its not up to him. its up to guys like rampage, couture, and others to decide.

ya dig?
OB_Juan
2/20/07 3:02:26AM

Posted by loller90278

... if the fight for some reason goes to the mat, wandy is at a disadvtanage.

I'm going to have to strongly disagree w/ this.
loller90278
2/20/07 3:07:59AM
oh jeez i didnt mean that chuck will have the upper hand im just sayin wandy wont be AS effective as he could be in pride.. chute box emphasizes knees and stomps and such.
ac_gi
2/20/07 6:05:26AM

Posted by loller90278

Posted by ac_gi

Posted by loller90278

stuff like that

chuck is a counter puncher, he doesnt press the action. if he were to wait like he does in ufc, he MIGHT get penalized in pride but probably not. and once again if u read my post i said if the fight for some reason goes to the mat, wandy is at a disadvtanage. i dont see your argument valid by just saying "chuck doesnt go to the ground".. its not up to him. its up to guys like rampage, couture, and others to decide.

ya dig?

Here is what I mean by "Chuck doesn't go to the ground."

Chucks last five wins are Tito Ortiz , Renato Sobral, Randy Couture, Jeremy Horn and Randy Couture again. None of these guys could keep Chuck down, if they got him down at all. Is Wandy a better grappler than any of these guys? No.