Hendo's thoughts on tonights co-main event (video)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Hendo's thoughts on tonights co-main event (video)
joshryanshepherd
8/9/09 2:58:08AM
jiujitsufreak74
8/9/09 3:09:31AM
i've said it before and i'll say it again, Dan Henderson is the man to beat Anderson. he has the best style match up to defeat the Spider. as long as he doesn't get caught like he did in their last match, Hendo can claim the MW title with superior clinch wrestling (which negates Anderson's clinch offense) and a chin of iron to whether the storm. however, we have seen that even Hendo's chin can get hurt by Anderson, so maybe this time out he will be a little more cautious with eating shots.
Irish_Pride
8/9/09 3:13:44AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

i've said it before and i'll say it again, Dan Henderson is the man to beat Anderson. he has the best style match up to defeat the Spider. as long as he doesn't get caught like he did in their last match, Hendo can claim the MW title with superior clinch wrestling (which negates Anderson's clinch offense) and a chin of iron to whether the storm. however, we have seen that even Hendo's chin can get hurt by Anderson, so maybe this time out he will be a little more cautious with eating shots.

I completely agree. Henderson's wrestling is very good and he can control Anderson in the clinch and on the ground. The last fight they had Hendo got caught, the next time around I think he will be more careful and will make sure he doesn't get caught. If Hendo doesn't beat Anderson, I don't know who will.
TimW001
8/9/09 3:22:46AM
He sounded drunk.
loller90278
8/9/09 3:42:35AM
ive said it before and ill say it again, minowa is the man to be a. silva

Jimbo
8/9/09 4:47:16AM

Posted by loller90278

ive said it before and ill say it again, minowa is the man to be a. silva

HEY !!

Minowaman is no joke, Id put money on him to beat Anderson, have you heard about his new "accidental" headbutt technique? hes really on to something.

It is very effective as you saw at UFC 101, Lennox used it against Villefort to get the win.

I typed up some formulas into my special fight simulation computer i made the other day, similar to on Rocky but it only develops a picture and the result.

any how, here is the definite result.

Minowaman via round 2 T/KO (cut from "accidental" headbutt)

You heard it here first folks

vinny_cro_cop_q
8/9/09 2:47:24PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

devlin
cmill21
8/9/09 3:20:23PM
Go Danny
SpiderSilva
8/9/09 5:26:41PM
I will say I think hendo does have the best chance but he is gonna come in and try to use the 1 punch ko power his hard head with his striking will be his downfall just like the first fight

If silva moves up to lhw and cleans out the divison would he move to hw to end his career? Maybe silva vs fedor the best of the best in the ultimate fight ever!(won't happen but would be badass)
mentalcase
8/9/09 6:02:46PM
Anderson will finish Dan again, the only fighters i see giving Anderson decent fight is fedor and machida
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
8/9/09 7:04:58PM

Posted by mentalcase

Anderson will finish Dan again, the only fighters i see giving Anderson decent fight is fedor and machida

Agreed . It would be a miracle if dan could secure the takedown, without getting clipped at the start of every round and methodically work gnp, without getting upkicked or submitted .
Aaronno9
8/9/09 7:07:33PM

Posted by mentalcase

whardin19
8/9/09 7:50:45PM
I also agree. I think Dan Henderson is the best chance to beat Silva at 185. I think he'll fare much better in the rematch than in the first fight. Henderson took Silva's power lightly and payed for it. I bet he doesn't do it again. GO HENDO!!!
thunderstruck
8/9/09 11:28:13PM
hendo can do it .if the spider stands in front of him like he did forrest , he better not mess up , cause if dan lands flush the spider will see stars ..i think marquardt at 185 could also give anderson some problems ...at lhw , i see page /evans /machida / and a 205 couture also scaring the spider ..that being said , the spider is also good enough to beat these guys on any given night also .
ButterBalls
8/10/09 8:45:48PM
At one point in time I really believed Cung Le would be the man to beat Anderson Silva. While seemingly untested in MMA, the guy possesses the speed and agility to hang with Anderson and I thought his style matched up very well with Silvas (standing up).

However, Cung hasn't fought since like March 08 and who knows how much he has actually been training, and how much time he's spend messing around doing movies.
george112
8/10/09 9:11:38PM
hendo has all the tools needed to bring silvas reign to a halt.

what i would rather see hendo do is keep the fight standing.but dont let emotion take over and just go swinging in.play it safe and score points.also i would want dan to get a takedown and than let him back up.and than repeat.the reason i say that is because yea andersons a helluva striker but hes also dangerous on the ground.so multiple take downs scoring points makes sense.but if a choke presents itself to dan than by all means he should take it.but if he does take it he has to make sure its fight ending.i dont want the same thing happening to hendo that happened to lutter.(half ass armbar attempt that resulted in him getting on bottom and pounded)