mrkennedy
2/26/08 12:39:06AM
who gone a have the title shot after hendo vs silva

Cote:Tha can be a great striker matchup
Okami:most likely to have hif he beat tanner
Tanner:same thing than okami
Franklin:PLEASE NO
Almeida:i like almeida but is to soon
Kampmann:hif comeback he have to fight two or three guy to have the title shot IMO
Pookie
2/26/08 12:45:49AM
If Anderson Silva wins, a rematch with hendo if the fight is anywhere near as good as the hype.
If not and silva still wins, Yushin Okami if he beats tanner.

If Hendo wins, Franklin or a rematch.
puppetmaster837
2/26/08 12:48:10AM

Posted by mrkennedy

who gone a have the title shot after hendo vs silva

Cote:Tha can be a great striker matchup
Okami:most likely to have hif he beat tanner
Tanner:same thing than okami
Franklin:PLEASE NO
Almeida:i like almeida but is to soon
Kampmann:hif comeback he have to fight two or three guy to have the title shot IMO

Cote: Not near the striking ability Anderson has
Okami: I think he would be the number one contender, only loss in the UFC is to Rich Franklin and if Silva is still champ then the rematch would be nice
Tanner: Still has a long road ahead of him before a title shot
Franklin: NO
Almeida: He will need a few more fights against some contenders
Kampmann: I agree that he should have some tune up fights but when he is back to 100% definately
cmill21
2/26/08 12:51:33AM
If Hendo wins: Winner of Rich/Lutter
If Anderson wins: Lutter if he wins or Okami if he wins.

If the fight goes down as I think it will they will have one fight then a rematch.
Gipper
2/26/08 12:53:52AM
if tanner can stop okami with an impressive performance then give him a shot. i think tanner can beat anyone on any given night. the guy is a true warrior.
Aaronno9
2/26/08 10:55:42AM

Posted by cmill21

If Hendo wins: Winner of Rich/Lutter
If Anderson wins: Lutter if he wins or Okami if he wins.

If the fight goes down as I think it will they will have one fight then a rematch.

I think okami probably deserves a shot anyways but if he beats tanner to that pretty much solidifies his position as no1 contender. Ricardo could definatly be in line for a shot if he gets two more solid wins under his belt aswell. I dont particularly think lutter "deserves" the shot, but i think hes got the best chance of beating anderson should he beat rich.
JWils
2/26/08 11:15:03AM
I guess Okami would deserve a shot if he impressively beats Tanner. But I am hoping for a trilogy series for Hendo & Silva for the rest of the year.
Pookie
2/26/08 11:18:04AM

Posted by JWils

I guess Okami would deserve a shot if he impressively beats Tanner. But I am hoping for a trilogy series for Hendo & Silva for the rest of the year.

that sir would be awesome.
gartface
2/26/08 12:36:33PM

Posted by JWils

Haha I was going to say something to that affect, that the option of Silva or Hendo wasn't on the poll. You could definitely replace Kampmann and Cote with Silva and Hendo.
Also...where is Marquardt?
Ordep
2/26/08 1:45:08PM

I'll say Okami if he wins.... but I'm looking fwd for Kampman vs Cote for the next shot.... when they're both back
cowcatcher
2/26/08 1:56:19PM
okami/silva with both winning is a no brainer, okami only lost once in the ufc, if he beats tanner hes beaten a super well respected fighter and he has faced anderson before without a clear clean ending so it will sell well. if hendo wins there are a lot more options, okami being one, and the lutter/franklin winner being another. if the silva/hendo match is as good as it looks on paper there could even be an instant rematch. 2 of the other 3 (kampman, cote and almeida) are going to have to face each other at some point for a title shot, and none is quite ready for that title match yet anyways. the MW division is certainly looking a lot better these days, now to get the HW to come back around a little.
mitch475
2/26/08 2:05:50PM
This kind of shows the lack of depth in the division imo.
nickcuc547
2/26/08 2:26:21PM
give okami his due, the guy has beat everybody they have thrown at him except for rich franklin, and that was a pretty close fight. the guy deserves it.
mrliquid
2/26/08 3:25:37PM
I wouldnt mind seeing a Hendo vs Franklin I think they are nicely matched.
gravy13
2/26/08 5:16:38PM
I have this deep-seeded feeling that Tanner is going to comeback fierce and shake up the division. It's been a long time for him and he's probably hungry.
cowcatcher
2/26/08 8:24:56PM

Posted by gravy13

I have this deep-seeded feeling that Tanner is going to comeback fierce and shake up the division. It's been a long time for him and he's probably hungry.

lets hope he doesnt get thirsty again or his run will be short lived.
gravy13
2/26/08 9:40:17PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by gravy13

lets hope he doesnt get thirsty again or his run will be short lived.

Yeah, hopefully he's past that and he's dealt with his demons. It sounds like he has.....
sonicsmokesweed
2/28/08 5:43:52PM
no disrespect toward tanner but hes done for IMO i think Okami will get the next title shot Cote he needs a win over Cote or Lutter to get a title shot the rest gotta wait in line
sonicsmokesweed
2/28/08 5:44:58PM
oops i meant i win over Belcher or Lutter sorry guys im tired
hippysmacker
2/28/08 6:23:38PM
Okami in my book. Until I see Cote beat a good grappler I won't be sold on him.
prozacnation1978
2/28/08 6:23:56PM
well if silva wins and okami wins sat okami should have next shot
if hendo wins i think wanderli silva will drop weight and fight him
now if okami loses to tanner and silva wins it might be marquadt again or a long shot would be silva drops weight to fight him, cote would also be a long shot as well,
chuteboxe75
2/29/08 12:15:48PM
If Okami can get by Tanner then he gets the shot. If not the shot should go to Cote. We'll see how this all lines up after Sat. night.
jocksmall
3/1/08 6:20:13PM
if its not one-sided a rematch will be in order because the other fights are not worthy of a headliner
jiujitsufreak74
3/1/08 6:26:59PM
well, if anderson wins i see okami getting a shot. okami was giving anderson a lot of problems in their past fight and it looked like he was winning until that illegal kick from silva. i would be interested to see what would happen if the fight wasn't stopped from a DQ and i wouldn't necessarily say that silva would dominate him either. however, if hendo wins i see a rematch of course and then maybe franklin can get his chance again if hendo remains champion. i think it is better for the division if hendo wins but i will be rooting for silva to win tonight. i guess i am selfish
hippysmacker
3/2/08 2:32:30AM
Looks like Anderson/Okami is on now