why no hendo love on the countdown

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » why no hendo love on the countdown
MFOTHER
9/5/08 1:59:34PM
i think his fight is just as big as the hammil franklin fight. It is a very importnt fight for both him and toquinho, because we will either see a legend take the steps back towards a rematch (i think he ha the best chance to beat anderson right now) , or a new comer (in a sense) shine.

To the average ufc fan hendo is just some dude who used to be good, but lost his only fights in the ufc. THis is NOT the case, hendo just happened to fight two champions in a row, one being one of the best p4p fighters. I still think he's got a alot in him.

That being said roussimar pulled maybe the nicest sub in recent history (cept for hazeletts wizard arm bar), and is the master of the leg locks.

Its a big fight that imo could go either way. I would have liked to see more about this fight.

I get that chuck and rashad is a main event long in the making, and that the hamill/ franklin freindship is a marktable angle, besides they are very likeable guys, but i wouldnt have minded seeing 3 fights featured instead of just two.

I mean did we really need to see chucks first fight again , and talk to that other dude who trains at rashads gym?

my only thought, besides the obvious (time constraint, marketability, draw value etc) is that either palhares or hendo will fight silva for the title (after another fight or two, or if either is very impressive tomorrow) and they know they will need to do a countdown on them then, as it will almost have to be the main event.

Bowen50
9/5/08 2:07:32PM
i honestly think the UFC knows they gave Henderson someone he should smash so they didn't really want to waste their time hyping up a fight that to the casual fan doesn't really mean anything to them. everyone knows Liddell and everyone Knows Franklin thats why they chose those 2. Also there is a great story with Hamill that a lot of casual fans can enjoy.
Twenty20Dollars
9/5/08 2:10:30PM
because two big names are better than one.

Hamill/Franklin beats Hendo/Palhares.

Plus so they could tell hamill's story.
MFOTHER
9/5/08 2:16:19PM
uh.....they have feature more than two fights before. 3 big names and an up and comer is better than 2
DCRage
9/5/08 2:30:03PM
Hendo's not a big enough name yet in America. If this were Japan, absolutely. But over here only the hardcore PRIDE fans know enough about him.
MFOTHER
9/5/08 2:44:35PM

Posted by DCRage

Hendo's not a big enough name yet in America. If this were Japan, absolutely. But over here only the hardcore PRIDE fans know enough about him.

yeh man....thats why you feature him in a COUNTDOWN

so people say....hey who's that guy? what he smashed alot of big names in pride? two belts at a time you say? im gonna buy the ppv and see what this guy is all about.
pdanke
9/5/08 7:41:54PM

Posted by MFOTHER

Posted by DCRage

yeh man....thats why you feature him in a COUNTDOWN

so people say....hey who's that guy? what he smashed alot of big names in pride? two belts at a time you say? im gonna buy the ppv and see what this guy is all about.

Wasn't Hendo already part of the Countdown for his fight with A. Silva? Granted, they've featured and re-featured the same people before.... but Hamill deserves some spotlight.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
9/6/08 1:11:01AM
Hendo was on the last 2 countdowns for his last 2 fights. Theres only so much time in an hour. They had to tell rashad and hammills story, good ones at that.