Hendo vs Franklin 2

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Hendo vs Franklin 2
Biggz
7/20/09 8:10:54PM
Am i alone or does this just not make too much sense. Especially since they just fought about six months ago. if this fight did happen i would have liked to see them both get a few more wins before fighting again. But this does not really help Dan all that much. Plus i think there are still a few very interesting fights for Rich at 205. i just have a few questions and want to know what everyone else thinks
Will he get a title shot if he wins?
What weight are the fighting at?
Other than waiting for a while, i would rather have seen hendo fight the winner of Maia vs Marquart for the #1 contender spot.
i guess i think this is just a little too soon for a re-match.
hippysmacker
7/20/09 8:18:54PM
I like it. I thought Franklin should have got the narrow edge in the decision the first time though. Funnily enough I favor Hendo this time around. I really wish it was a 5 rounder too.
Bloodhound
7/20/09 8:59:44PM
i picked Franklin to win the 1st time and i honestly felt he should have won it although it was close, but this time around i got Henderson by decision
prozacnation1978
7/20/09 10:04:39PM
too soon dallas got the ohio shaft
i don't see how the hell joe silva can't line up main events months ahead of time
what is the deal?? at least have franklin fight cane
this doesn't help either fighter, has to be at 195 catch weight only thing i can pick silva's brain is if they do implement a new weight class at 195 and have these guys go at it for a title
Nightmare27
7/20/09 10:28:22PM
They showed the fight tonight on unleashed and that fight was alot closer than I thought when I watched it. I originally had Hendo taking the first two rounds and Rich coming on strong in the third but that second round sure was tough to call. It doesnt make any sense but its happening now so I guess Im kinda looking forward to it.
RNC
7/21/09 12:35:07AM
Fight Metric had it a Draw on the 10 point must system and Dan Henderson as the winner of the fight.

Until judging criteria is developing specifically for MMA, there will be instances like this over and over. It all depends what the judges are looking for.
Aaronno9
7/21/09 2:00:57AM
I think Dans takedowns gave him a slight edge in the first fight, it was close though. I think ill go with a Franklin UD this time. Anybody know what weight its at?
Art_Jimmerson
7/21/09 2:16:30AM
*Aaron my good friend it's at Light Heavyweight*

Other than money, what's in this for Dan?

If he wins, he beats the guy he just beat and gets no closer to a MW title shot.

If he loses,then he looks worse than he did previously and is no longer better than Rich Franklin. It would also be a little difficult to give him a title fight coming off a loss (i know it's at 205lbs, but still).
Vincent_Vega
7/21/09 9:33:00AM
Another dec win for Hendo.
Cyclops
7/21/09 12:29:09PM
I think they need to make 195 an official weight class and put a title up for grabs in this fight. I wouldn't mind seeing these 2 tangle again, but NOT in a 3 rounder... and without headbutts and eye pokes.

RhythmAndStyle
7/21/09 1:33:24PM
i really believe that Franklin got robbed the first time around..and i will be takin Franklin again via UD...
NatedawgThaM
7/21/09 1:43:55PM
I'm going Henderson by knockout again like I did last time but with more confidence this time around. I think the Bisping fight was a real confidence builder for Hendo on the feet and I've always thought Hendo just needs to connect once to put Franklin or anybody out. But I've never really respected Franklins stand up as much as I should, but he always gets hurt in like every single fight were he's standing and trading, Tanner hurt him, and I think Louisa did, and Wandy and I hendo I think hit him a few good times in the the 1st fight too. Just think hes too vulnerable for a KO and I think Hendo will be out to kill to impress and get that title shot, so I think he'll KO Franklin too brutally in the 2nd and get that title shot!
Hendo67
7/21/09 2:18:47PM
I have a feeling Hendo is going to catch Rich right on the button with a right hook, Hendo via KO late 1st.
chickmagnet
7/21/09 3:18:42PM
This fight makes absolutely no sense, maybe in a year thi fight may be relevent, but the two guys just fought. I have a feeling this fight wont be as good as the first fight. I would rather see Cane vs. Franklin.
mikevolz
7/22/09 4:12:36AM
this fight depends largely on who can adjust their gameplan for the second fight.

henderson knew that one of franklins most dangerous weapons was his cardio and left mid kick. he may of underestimated them and almost lost the fight due to it.

franklin had to stay away from henderson's power and use his footwork.

frankling had to fight a very similar strategy against wanderlei backwards, away from the clinch, and he might be getting better at it.

henderson has to adjust his cardio and kick defense.

i think henderson will take it, interesting to see how they adjust.
hippysmacker
7/22/09 2:28:09PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

too soon dallas got the ohio shaft
i don't see how the hell joe silva can't line up main events months ahead of time
what is the deal?? at least have franklin fight cane
this doesn't help either fighter, has to be at 195 catch weight only thing i can pick silva's brain is if they do implement a new weight class at 195 and have these guys go at it for a title

I see where you are coming from, but disagree. Since this fight is at 205 , it has significant difference to me. Hendo is probably going to fight mostly at 185 for the time being, as I think he deserves a title shot against Anderson at middleweight already. Franklin has morew to lose , since 205 is his weight now, but he could still gain a lot by winning. Also, I am sure Rich wants a chance to avenge a loss he feel sis undeserved. I think the only way Hendo is hurt is if he is stopped, and I doubt Ace can do it. If Rich wins, I think it will be by a close decision. Hendo has shown very good sub D, and has never been KOed. I could see Hendo KOing anybody at 205 though.
higdon10
7/23/09 2:09:30AM
Hendo by UD.
the_01
7/23/09 2:58:33PM
I dont think threr is anything to gain for either fighter, nor do we the fans think its an important fight. I hope someone comes out with a logical explanation for this.