hendo vs. franklin now!!!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » hendo vs. franklin now!!!!
ricoj3323
4/20/08 12:43:49PM
i think this fight should happen now more then ever, this is a dream fight. hendo is coming off a lose in a title fight and franklin is coming off a big win so i think they are lined up to fight and besides who wouldnt want to see this fight

what do you think
Darnok
4/20/08 12:50:45PM

Posted by ricoj3323

i think this fight should happen now more then ever, this is a dream fight. hendo is coming off a lose in a title fight and franklin is coming off a big win so i think they are lined up to fight and besides who wouldnt want to see this fight

what do you think

You have got this one nailed. But who do you pick.

After watching the amazing way Rich handled Lutters JJ you know he has been traing like a madman, so I think he would have a good chance.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
4/20/08 12:54:06PM
I would like to see it .
wolfman
4/20/08 1:02:06PM
Hendo would win this fight by decision.
jiujitsufreak74
4/20/08 1:04:14PM
in the past i have said Hendo would win a very close decision...but after that fight with Lutter, Franklin showed that he can get taken down and kept there if u have the right skills. now, i see Hendo controlling the whole fight and getting the win hands down. i don't see it as close as i used to
nickcuc547
4/20/08 1:06:44PM
this fight should be a no brainer, it's the best fight for both and a lot of people have been waiting to see it for a long time. i think hendo wins but it will be a war.
king_katool
4/20/08 1:53:59PM
ye i want to see this fight and it makes the most sense. on a side note was any1 was jump out of there sit when lutter locked in that armbar and rich just rolled around like nothing,made lutters bjj look like a joke
cmill21
4/20/08 1:56:53PM
Does anyone else think if Luuter had any kind of a gas tank he would have won? I think Rich's strenth is the stand up(woah obvious) and hendo can bang with the best of em, so I think Hendo takes this fight via better chin and slightly more power. My prediction is pending Hendo having a better cut and not gassing in two.
jiujitsufreak74
4/20/08 2:01:28PM

Posted by king_katool

ye i want to see this fight and it makes the most sense. on a side note was any1 was jump out of there sit when lutter locked in that armbar and rich just rolled around like nothing,made lutters bjj look like a joke

well he didn't have the armbar actually. his legs were out of position and Rich's arm was facing the wrong way. he just rolled into it wrong thus Rich was able to spin out. Lutter's BJJ looked very scary in this match imo, and Rich was very close to falling into a submission at multiple times during the match. If Lutter could actually last more then 3 min then the outcome would have been a bit different. btw i pocked Franklin Round 2 KO so i am not bitter about a pick. if anything, this fight Rich is susceptible in the JJ game, not that Lutter's looked like a joke.
wolfman
4/20/08 2:05:45PM

Posted by cmill21

Does anyone else think if Luuter had any kind of a gas tank he would have won? I think Rich's strenth is the stand up(woah obvious) and hendo can bang with the best of em, so I think Hendo takes this fight via better chin and slightly more power. My prediction is pending Hendo having a better cut and not gassing in two.

Yeah, that is definitely a fair assumption.
bullettdodger
4/20/08 2:11:55PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by king_katool

well he didn't have the armbar actually. his legs were out of position and Rich's arm was facing the wrong way. he just rolled into it wrong thus Rich was able to spin out. Lutter's BJJ looked very scary in this match imo, and Rich was very close to falling into a submission at multiple times during the match. If Lutter could actually last more then 3 min then the outcome would have been a bit different. btw i pocked Franklin Round 2 KO so i am not bitter about a pick. if anything, this fight Rich is susceptible in the JJ game, not that Lutter's looked like a joke.

Lutter+Gas Tank and REAL training FTW... at anyrate... Hendo by whatever he wants... Franklin can't hang with Hendo
jgtribbett
4/20/08 2:15:35PM

Posted by wolfman

Hendo would win this fight by decision.

im in agreement. Now comince the return of Decision Dan.
StevieC
4/20/08 6:56:01PM
I think Franklin would fall on his face with Hendo standing over him with his toothless smile.
Mchubb316
4/20/08 9:35:19PM
I think this fight makes sense for both fighters. This is a weak division with no potential threat to challenge the champ. I wonder though, if Franklin did beat Hendo and rolled off another win, and Silva was still champ would the UFC have to do Silva Vs Franklin 3?
mkiv9secsupra
4/20/08 10:18:39PM
I would like to see Hendo vs Okami and Franklin vs Marquardt then the winner of those two fight to see who gets the next title shot.
prozacnation1978
4/21/08 12:30:41AM
i agree i don't think the ufc would put hendo in a position to lose three in a row. but then again if wandy drops weight i would love to see them fight again. i think franklin should fight marquadt, okami should get his title fight, have hendo fight someone average or so for his next fight, maybe leban or quarry.
StriderXero
4/21/08 2:55:34AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

I would like to see Hendo vs Okami and Franklin vs Marquardt then the winner of those two fight to see who gets the next title shot.

I think Okami deserves his shot. I don't think he'll win.....but he deserves it non the less.

Hendo vs Leben should be a UFC fight night........battle of the iron chins
jgtribbett
4/21/08 7:34:14AM
imo that'd be pointless... and kinda one sided... hendo TD and GNP
CantAndleDaRiddum
4/21/08 9:08:10AM
ive said twice already that these guys should be the next tuf coaches. so i'll say it one more time

Franklin vs Hendo would be the best coach/fight matchup yet!
koopa
4/21/08 9:52:55AM
Silva vs Okami in some event overseas (this is a hard fight to market in the U.S.) needs to happen and Franklin and Hendo can fight after they are coaches on tuf 8. I think it really comes down to marketing and not necessarily who deserves to get title shots. With that being said, it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see Franklin or Bisping get a title shot before Okami. I think the division is shaping nicely though with Almeida and Maia in the mix. Either one of those two would tap out Bisping imo, but with the gay way UFC does their match making, Bisping will fight bowls of chili en route to a title shot.

IriShame
4/21/08 11:33:11AM
It pains me but Hendo wins this fight. His superior wrestleing will shine. I think they should make it interesting and fight at 205.
masodd
4/21/08 1:48:38PM
I would say this will happen at UFC 87 in August. I think that's when Anderson and Yushin Okami will fight. If those fights were to take place it would be a stacked card because it would be lesnar vs. coleman/ anderson vs okami/ florian vs huerta/ franklin vs hendo, it would be amazing. But in this fight i see hendo winning by pure domination because franklin won't be able to ko hendo and hendo would take him down at will and pound him IMO
gamez0932
4/21/08 5:14:42PM
i think it would be a good fight but i dont think hendos deserving of a top contender right now after his loss... i think franklin should fight the winner of thales leites and nate marquardt. marquardt and leites is going to be an explosive ground fight... both are SICK with there jits, leites is extremely good on the ground and marquardt is a 7 time king of pancrase... either one of these fighters i think would make a great match up with franklin.