Hendo to fight Silva!!!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Hendo to fight Silva!!!!
Next Page »
mk1630
11/19/07 8:45:29PM
From UFC.com =

Thomas Gerbasi, UFC - After a historic 2007, UFC President Dana White is not resting on his company’s laurels in 2008, as he announced at Saturday’s UFC 78 post-fight press conference in Newark, New Jersey that former two-division PRIDE Champion Dan Henderson will drop from 205 pounds to 185 to tackle UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva, considered by many to be the best pound for pound fighter in the sport. White said this anticipated super fight will take place in March. Stay tuned to UFC.com for more details in the coming weeks.

We finally got what we wished for. I am so pumped for this fight! Who you guys taking in this one?
Boo_Radley21
11/19/07 8:48:40PM
I think Henderson will be able to get past Silva's strikes and put him on the ground and control the fight from there. If he could handle Rampage like that why not Silva? I give this one to Henderson in a 2nd round TKO
tuvok500
11/19/07 9:01:03PM
I think that Silva will manage a KO !! because of the 5 rd fight !!

even if hendo can take him down in the first and second rd, i think he will get KO eventually !!

i also think that he will have difficulty to recover to the weight in at 185 pds.

it will be a great fight for sure !!

Silva by KO in the 3th RD. !!

hippysmacker
11/19/07 9:05:03PM
I think it's decision no matter who wins. Pickem for me, the hardest fight I can think of to pick.
mk1630
11/19/07 9:06:57PM
I have to agree that Silva will win. He will eventually knock him out unless Henderson can get him down and GnP, and thats without him being able to get a slick sub on him from bottom position. I do think that it will be a very close fight and should be up there for fight of the night.
nickcuc547
11/19/07 9:58:03PM
hendo may not be a more skilled striker but he has more power and a better ground game (maybe not better bjj but a better ground game in general imo), that will be the difference in the fight. hendo will either put him away late or win a decision.
loller90278
11/19/07 10:09:33PM
im picking henderson for sure.
they both rank high on my P4P list but henderson should negate anderson's clinch with his strong wrestling.

there's no way hendo's getting knocked out thats for darn sure.
im agreeing with hippy saying it goes to decision, and the decision will be to hollywood henderson
JWils
11/19/07 10:17:16PM
IMO, this is the best fight that the UFC will have in 2008. Awesome, awesome, matchup.

I don't care who wins. Both of these guys are studs. I just hope it goes a few rounds before it's over. Respect to Henderson for dropping to '85 and taking on,quite possibly, the best fighter in the world right now.
Franklinfan47
11/19/07 10:29:50PM
This was really the only match that made sense for Anderson Silva unless they signed some other top level middleweight. I think this will be an outstanding fight. Silva is going to actually have a challenge for a change. I see it being an all out war. I give it to Henderson though.
Blizzard
11/19/07 11:09:22PM
It is about time we get to see this match up, this is going to be a war. IMO Silva will tko Hendo.
warglory
11/20/07 12:00:30AM
I love both fighters, but I am going to have to choose Hendo for sure. I think he will take this by split decision.
ufcboss
11/20/07 3:45:38AM
About time, I wanted to see this fight for age's.
I kept on saying that Henderson would be the one to beat Silva, But now it's all go I think Silva will win, By KO.

With the agression the A.Silva fight's with I cant see this going for 25 minute's, I know he did a good job against Rampage, But he is not A.Silva!

I really like both fighter's here so I will sit back and enjoy this one!
cmill21
11/20/07 4:15:26AM

Posted by ufcboss

About time, I wanted to see this fight for age's.
I kept on saying that Henderson would be the one to beat Silva, But now it's all go I think Silva will win, By KO.

With the agression the A.Silva fight's with I cant see this going for 25 minute's, I know he did a good job against Rampage, But he is not A.Silva!

I really like both fighter's here so I will sit back and enjoy this one!

Going out on a limb but I would think Rampage hits harder then anderson, and would also guess he's stronger/much bigger. Hendo has a great chin(ask page's hand) and dynamite in his hands(ask Silva's chin). I still don't know who to give this to, but I do know Hendo isn't Rich, Leben, Quarry, or Lutter. If anderson wins this he will be my #1 p4p without a doubt.
stickyhash421
11/20/07 4:22:41AM

Posted by tuvok500

even if hendo can take him down in the first and second rd, i think he will get KO eventually !!

i also think that he will have difficulty to recover to the weight in at 185 pds.

both guys have never been KO'd
stickyhash421
11/20/07 4:24:05AM

Posted by mk1630

From UFC.com =

Thomas Gerbasi, UFC - After a historic 2007, UFC President Dana White is not resting on his company’s laurels in 2008, as he announced at Saturday’s UFC 78 post-fight press conference in Newark, New Jersey that former two-division PRIDE Champion Dan Henderson will drop from 205 pounds to 185 to tackle UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva, considered by many to be the best pound for pound fighter in the sport. White said this anticipated super fight will take place in March. Stay tuned to UFC.com for more details in the coming weeks.

We finally got what we wished for. I am so pumped for this fight! Who you guys taking in this one?

to be honest id rather see a rematch with rampage or wandy, theres plenty of MW's they could sign
Boo_Radley21
11/20/07 8:04:07AM
But nobody has tested Anderson really in the UFC and Henderson will be the guy to do it. The light heavyweight division is way more stacked right now, so until the UFC signs some decent middleweights this is the best fight for Henderson IMO.
thepunisher
11/20/07 8:33:38AM
I am taking Hendo in this one

If Silva does win that division needs some new talent becuase he will have no one left to fight
Snowstud0101
11/20/07 10:39:51AM
Im giving this one to Anderson. Henderson has got the strength to push the fight but Anderson is far to technical for Hendo.. We have all seen fighters drop weight because they think they will have a better shot at beating someone smaller but for the most part I have rarely seen a champion come from it.. Close fight but im giving to my man the spider!!
cowcatcher
11/20/07 11:26:35AM
DONT MAKE ME CHOOSE! right now its hard too consider anyone else the best P4P fighter in the world except anderson, so betting against him is ridiculous, but if there was one guy that would throw a wrench into that theory its hendo. im glad its a few months away so i have time to think about this, but as of now ill say hendo will win, either by dec. or GnP after rd 3. being a greco guy will no doubt help to neutralize silvas clinch, at least a little, and that takes away silvas best weapon, or at least lessens it. both guys are so good though that this may be the hardest fight ive ever had to pick on here.
ncordless
11/20/07 11:32:03AM

Posted by cowcatcher

DONT MAKE ME CHOOSE! right now its hard too consider anyone else the best P4P fighter in the world except anderson, so betting against him is ridiculous, but if there was one guy that would throw a wrench into that theory its hendo. im glad its a few months away so i have time to think about this, but as of now ill say hendo will win, either by dec. or GnP after rd 3. being a greco guy will no doubt help to neutralize silvas clinch, at least a little, and that takes away silvas best weapon, or at least lessens it. both guys are so good though that this may be the hardest fight ive ever had to pick on here.

It is a tough fight to pick, but I think your point on Hendo's Greco-Roman might be accurate. I try to picture what an Anderson win would look like, but that's pretty difficult being that I have nothing to go on as far as Dan being put to sleep. I guess maybe a UD win or sub win might happen, but that's not usually what I think of when I think of Spider.
jgtribbett
11/20/07 12:06:30PM

Posted by tuvok500

yeah right ....
twice wanderlei couldnt KO him and
no one ever has. .... also... he weights about 194... and he gains 10lbs for 205, and drops 10 for 185... easy for him..
Mei-Mei
11/20/07 3:51:50PM
Silva wins, tko rd 1, calling it now.
thepunisher
11/20/07 3:58:31PM

Posted by Mei-Mei

Says the guy from Franklin's home town

tuvok500
11/20/07 6:24:24PM

Posted by metal_mecca43

Posted by tuvok500

yeah right ....
twice wanderlei couldnt KO him and
no one ever has. .... also... he weights about 194... and he gains 10lbs for 205, and drops 10 for 185... easy for him..

Ohhhhh !!

if wanderlei was not able to KO him , it is 100% sure that Silva will not be able neither !! ???

in the list of top striker, i think that Silva is 100 spot ahead of Wanderlei man !!!

wake-up !!

i am picking Silva , i did not do any bassing on Hendo what so ever !! I like both guys but we have to choose so, i choose !!

Mei-Mei
11/20/07 9:02:30PM

Posted by thepunisher

Posted by Mei-Mei

Says the guy from Franklin's home town

and I was at 77 cheering for Silva
hippysmacker
11/21/07 9:32:18PM

Posted by cowcatcher

I agree. If this was a 3 round fight I would definitely pick Hendo. Even though both have the best chin in MMA IMO, I beleive its hard for Anderson not to catch anybody enough times to hurt them badly. I'm leaning towards Hendo , because i believe his style is the antithesis of Andersons, but I really wish this fight wasn't included in the game. It's seriously the toughest fight I can think of to pick.
Jackelope
11/22/07 2:36:29AM
In your opinions, who is the most technical striker than Henderson has fought? I'm curious to know. I just don't know who else's striking to put on the level of Anderson Silva's. Obviously he's got great wins over notable strikers like Belfort (who obviously hasn't been the same in recent years) and in past years over Gilbert Yvel, but honestly.. who is on Silva's level?

Hendo's got a great track record vs. Brazilian strikers, though. Even guys with massive KO power. It's just amazing that he's never been knocked out. I think his chin and his wrestling are going to carry him through the fight. He'll probably edge out a decision, but hey..let's face it- the cage favors guys who have a clinch game and know how to keep an opponent against it.
hippysmacker
11/22/07 3:38:36AM

Posted by Jackelope

In your opinions, who is the most technical striker than Henderson has fought? I'm curious to know. I just don't know who else's striking to put on the level of Anderson Silva's. Obviously he's got great wins over notable strikers like Belfort (who obviously hasn't been the same in recent years) and in past years over Gilbert Yvel, but honestly.. who is on Silva's level?

Hendo's got a great track record vs. Brazilian strikers, though. Even guys with massive KO power. It's just amazing that he's never been knocked out. I think his chin and his wrestling are going to carry him through the fight. He'll probably edge out a decision, but hey..let's face it- the cage favors guys who have a clinch game and know how to keep an opponent against it.

Technique wise I would say Misaki. I know Hendo lost a decision to him once out of their 2 fights, but it was nor for the title, and he has stated he was trying to work on his standup. He also said he knew Misaki couldn't hurt him, and still felt he won.I personally think Anderson striking is the best ,and most complete in MMA. I can't think of anyone else who uses all 8 points so well. I just feel that when hendo gets hurt he will be able to get the takedown and control Anderson on the ground well. Like I said ,if this was a 3 round fight, I wouldn't be torn. It's just hard for me to beleive anybody at 185 can go 5 rounds with Anderson and not be badly hurt by strikes. Hendo's chin is great, but so is Silvas. I feel like I'm having an argument with a reasonable counter to all my own arguments whenever I think about this. Head hurts, will take Aspirin now
Aaronno9
11/22/07 4:17:14AM
I think silva will get a tko in the 3rd. Just becouse dans never been knocked out before, doesnt mean its impossible. He might of been hit by people with heavier hands than silva, but i doubt hes ever been hit as many times in as many places as anderson will hit him. I think dan would have alot better of a shot in a 3 rd fight.
Jackelope
11/22/07 2:15:47PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by Jackelope

Technique wise I would say Misaki. I know Hendo lost a decision to him once out of their 2 fights, but it was nor for the title, and he has stated he was trying to work on his standup. He also said he knew Misaki couldn't hurt him, and still felt he won.I personally think Anderson striking is the best ,and most complete in MMA. I can't think of anyone else who uses all 8 points so well. I just feel that when hendo gets hurt he will be able to get the takedown and control Anderson on the ground well. Like I said ,if this was a 3 round fight, I wouldn't be torn. It's just hard for me to beleive anybody at 185 can go 5 rounds with Anderson and not be badly hurt by strikes. Hendo's chin is great, but so is Silvas. I feel like I'm having an argument with a reasonable counter to all my own arguments whenever I think about this. Head hurts, will take Aspirin now

LOL my sentiments exactly. My solution to the headache is in liquid format, though
Pages: [1] 2