Hendo's Next Challenger at 185?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Hendo's Next Challenger at 185?
kublakhan
3/23/07 8:00:58AM
Who would everybody like to see challenge next for Henderson's welterweight title? Kang or Filho, maybe?
johny_rotten
3/23/07 11:36:35AM
I think Filho deserves the shot, but if it is up to the UFC I doubt either will get the chance. Dana is Chuck's biggest cheerleader, and before anyone he will give Chuck the chance to unify the title. If the sale happend the next fight for Hendo will be Liddell. If it is up to Pride at 185lbs I would say Filho. At 205 Shogun will get the shot.
nellyhiphophead
3/23/07 11:40:18AM

Posted by kublakhan

Who would everybody like to see challenge next for Henderson's welterweight title? Kang or Filho, maybe?

they would be both my picks. one or the other i would like to see don't matter what one.
AchillesHeel
3/23/07 11:52:41AM
I'd say Filho has earned the next shot. Kang's loss to Misaki, and Filho's win, is the difference in my mind. I know "MMA math" is usually bad, but this is one of those times when it serves a purpose for me.
madmarck
3/23/07 12:35:47PM
Filho bya mile. Undefeated. And has beaten a lot of top MW's. He also would have won the WWGP cept he got a injury.
cant_hit_bombz
3/23/07 1:21:12PM
i got to see Filho fight Mark Hunt in an old K1 match last night. WOW
hathcock32
3/23/07 4:21:08PM
Anderson Silva.
Zvonimir
3/23/07 6:04:35PM

Posted by johny_rotten

I think Filho deserves the shot, but if it is up to the UFC I doubt either will get the chance. Dana is Chuck's biggest cheerleader, and before anyone he will give Chuck the chance to unify the title. If the sale happend the next fight for Hendo will be Liddell. If it is up to Pride at 185lbs I would say Filho. At 205 Shogun will get the shot.

Rampage is going to beat Chuck (again) so there won't be a unified title.
THE_AXE_MURDERER
3/23/07 6:30:43PM
Filho would beat Hendo but I would rather see Kang as champ.
hippysmacker
3/23/07 6:33:26PM

Posted by madmarck

Filho bya mile. Undefeated. And has beaten a lot of top MW's. He also would have won the WWGP cept he got a injury.

I agree, I think it's unfair that a guy( masaki) who lost was allowed to fight for it. I'm not one for tournaments, but if they have them, this is one reason I think the champ should be held out of it. At least till the later rounds, in case he needs to fill in , but in a perfect world the winner would fight for the belt. I think Hendo would have just taken Masaki down and pounded him if his belt was on the line. As for Filho, I think he's the future of the weight class. he's like a short Arona, with better standup and chin. He even got piledrived by Minowa and still won, and that was before he really evolved. I think he would first round sub/KO Minowa now. That being said I think Hendo will win his next 183 lb. fight against anyone, but Filho would get him the second time. I think Hendo is at the top of his game now, and should hold that belt at least a year more. I don't see Filho being able to sub him, and if it's on the ground I'll take a greco guy with great sub defense against a BJJ guy. If it''s standing, I think Hendo pulls it to. Either way, if they fight it will be a UD for one of them ,and it's a fight I wouldn't want to bet on.
theBLADE
3/25/07 11:33:37AM
it needs 2 be filho!