Henderson's Weight

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Henderson's Weight
Boo_Radley21
7/13/08 4:17:12PM
Now that Anderson is fighting at LHW as well as MW, and Franklin has moved up too, there aren't a lot of good fights left for him at Middleweight. Light heavyweight on the other hand is stacked with talent and there's a lot for him to do there. Do you guys think he should stay at MW, or move back up? ALso what would be best for him.
Purge
7/13/08 4:27:33PM
I thought he was best at LHW, he's better of fighting big, but slow LHW's, instead of fast MW's.
SpiderSilva
7/13/08 4:28:05PM
I think he should stay at 185 he is a vary dominate fight at both be he went up to 205 for the challange so maybe he is better suited for 205 with the level of comatition but I would perfer him at 185 along with Silva and Franklin
cmill21
7/13/08 5:03:58PM
IMO he should stick to 185, I think he could beat anyone there if he gets his cut down pat. Against Silva he looked like he was gassing out in round two, and I picked Silva to win that fight on the sole reason that Hendo hadn't cut in a long time. He's a small 205, and he still beats some of the best so he can go up if he wants but I think he should fight at 185 exclusivly or at the very least more.
mkiv9secsupra
7/13/08 5:12:01PM
At 205 Hendo KO'ed Wand and went the distance with him and Rampage. I think his best fights have been at LHW and HW so i think thats where he belongs.
joshryanshepherd
7/13/08 6:34:52PM
it doesnt matter to me where he is, if he KOs Anderson i will be completely satisfied. but their are a lot of stars in 205 so of course he would have more/better competition. however the middleweight division needs to have its torch lit again. greats like okami, cote, leites, kampman, bisping, marquardt need a huge star like hendo to build their careers with. I hope Hendo has both LHW and MW titles
Jipper
7/13/08 7:19:44PM
IMO we'll soon see a 195 division in the UFC.
Purge
7/13/08 7:57:45PM

Posted by Jipper

mmajunkie.com confirmed that Dana would not apply the new weight classes. Pity I saw huge potential in the 225 division.
Rush
7/13/08 8:38:32PM
I thought Henderson was a more "natural" middleweight???
ToeZup
7/14/08 11:55:52AM

Posted by Purge

Posted by Jipper

mmajunkie.com confirmed that Dana would not apply the new weight classes. Pity I saw huge potential in the 225 division.

I was thinking the same thing in a way. That would be the only extra division I would like to see. I think a 225lb. class is a must.
jocka
7/14/08 1:33:44PM
i don t really cre where he fights i just want him to fight lol
Pitbull09
7/14/08 2:14:04PM
I say he should stay in MW til he gets a rematch with Silva. He didnt get completely destroyed like others to Silva and the rematch would be a good match.
Also, he has two loses and no wins in the UFC. Let him take on some lower competition (which is considered high competition in MW) so he can make a better name here/
RNC
7/14/08 2:24:09PM
Silva has said that he is only fighting at 205 as a favor to Dana, and that the LHW belt belongs to Lyoto. He will most likely not go after it, so I don't see him fighting at 205.

Besides that, I think Hendo is a real 185 and a small 205. There are still a ton of fights left for him in the middle weight divison.

Okami, Lutter, Marquardt, Cote, Bisping, Leben.

Of course, the LHW division is stacked, and there are a ton of fights there also. Hendo said he just wants to fight whatever fights are going to get him to the title the fastest, and he mentioned jumping back and forth. I don't think thats a bad idea at all, but when he does earn his shot again, I would like to see him take it at 185. He is the only one at 185 right now with any potential to take Anderson out.
DPimm
7/14/08 2:32:39PM
I asked him this exact question yesterday.

He said he has told the UFC he does not care what weight class he fights at. He was adament that he wants a rematch with Anderson Silva. at 185. He said he knows he fought way below what he is capable of doing.

He walks around at 200-205. I know he is fighting at UFC 88 against Pulhares.
Franklinfan47
7/14/08 7:08:03PM
I would love to see him fight Franklin at mw before the ace moves up. I would also like to see him in a rematch with silva at that weight. Besides that fights with guys like Cote, Leben, or Bisping would all be sweet.
Jipper
7/17/08 1:53:47AM

Posted by Purge

Posted by Jipper

Still IMO we'll soon see a 195 division in the UFC.
fonduktoe
7/17/08 2:46:48AM
the last thing we need is another really good lhw
stay at middleweight hendo
RNC
7/18/08 4:19:02AM

Posted by fonduktoe

the last thing we need is another really good lhw
stay at middleweight hendo

True. He would only have 1 real challenge at MW where he would have several at LHW.
MMA
7/18/08 2:04:02PM
Is it just me, or does Henderson seem to fight better at light heavyweight than middleweight?
punkstrings
7/19/08 2:05:54PM

Posted by ToeZup

Posted by Purge

Posted by Jipper

I was thinking the same thing in a way. That would be the only extra division I would like to see. I think a 225lb. class is a must.

The UFC already has a thin heavyweight roster, creating an extra division will only prevent some matchups from happening