Henderson vs Miller

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Henderson vs Miller
warglory
8/14/11 10:32:03PM
Joe's commentary absolutely pissed me off in that fight. I thought it was a pretty even fight except for the end, but listening to Joe it sounded like a one sided beat down which I don't think it was. If those guys fought again it could go either way.

Like how I didn't give anything away there?
warglory
8/14/11 10:33:50PM
ARGH! Joe won't shut up!
Budgellism
8/14/11 10:35:24PM
I gave henderson all 3 rounds. I could see an argument for Miller winning the first but I would disagree with it. I really wanted Miller to win but damn, Ben came to fight tonight and he put on the performance of his career.
Chael_Sonnen
8/14/11 10:35:52PM
It was a one sided beat down...and Ben was swinging the hammer!
warglory
8/14/11 10:40:53PM
No it wasn't a one sided beat down, Jim just made some stupid mistakes with his submission attempts. Jim wasn't getting outclassed on the feet or on the ground. The deciding factor in the second round was the take downs, and Jim was gassed in the third.

I'd put money on Jim Miller in a second fight...easily.
warglory
8/14/11 10:45:13PM
Guh, I need to grab a beer, that fight still pisses me off and I don't really have any favoritism towards either fighter! lol
warglory
8/14/11 10:47:47PM
Sorry to anyone who hadn't seen the fight yet, I didn't intend this to become a spoiler thread.
kopower
8/14/11 11:19:34PM
I respect your opinion but we must have been watching a different fight. Miller did land some nice shots and had a bevy of sub attempts, but Henderson brutalized him most of the fight. I had Miller narrowly winning the 1st, but after that it was all Ben.

I would take Ben all day in a rematch
Chael_Sonnen
8/14/11 11:21:20PM
Be honest...Miller got his arse handed to him by Bendo.

Henderson would probably do better in a rematch.
warglory
8/14/11 11:26:42PM
Miller was fine standing with Henderson, in fact, I'd say that Miller's striking standing is better. The problem with Miller is that he failed to respect the ground and pound of Henderson by going for all kinds of low percentage submission maneuvers. He looked more like Ken Shamrock than Jim Miller tonight, and that was very frustrating for me. The third round Miller did get beat down, but that was because he was gassed and couldn't defend the take downs. The two guys are much closer than what that resulting bout demonstrated I think, and now everyone is going to think that Bendo outclassed Miller, and I didn't see that at all, which is the most frustrating aspect for me.
Chael_Sonnen
8/14/11 11:29:24PM
Wow...Miller's striking is better than Henderson?

Goodnight brah
warglory
8/14/11 11:32:12PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Wow...Miller's striking is better than Henderson?

Goodnight brah

I am speculating on that, I don't know until we get to see more of it, but he certainly had no problem in this fight standing with Henderson, what little there was of it.
DeadHead988
8/15/11 12:10:59AM
Other than the first round it was a one-sided beatdown. The only thing I don't get is why Miller jumped into the arm triangle, rather than use the arm triangle takedown. You end up on top and it's a tighter choke.
hashyandy4
8/15/11 12:15:09AM
I have 2 respectfully disagree with u big time. Bendo beat miller up pretty bad 2nite. I gave bendo all 3 rounds, with the 1st being the only close one. I thought it was very clear cut when the fight was over who won. As far as a rematch go's based off what i saw 2nite i dont really buy that u could pick miller 2 win.
TeamDEY
8/15/11 1:23:48AM
I know you are a Miller fan and so am I but Henderson Dominated the fight. Miller tried a lot of submission attempts but Benson Henderson won without a reasonable doubt. Sorry, I would have liked for Miller to win to.
ChrisSabal
8/15/11 4:34:24AM
just like others I was rooting for Miller to get a win but Henderson layeth the smackethdown on Miller. I believe it was a 1 sided beat down as well. In the words of Stacey King. Ben Henderson was too big, too fast, too strong and too good for Jim Miller.
postman
8/15/11 6:51:47AM
I watched at a bari with no sound and rounds 2 &3 ben smashes jim
kingsmasher
8/15/11 8:39:19AM
That arm triangle was a stupid waste of energy if you ask me...I doubt Miller really trained or even watched any tape on Henderson or he woulda known that was a waste of time...
ghandikush
8/15/11 9:43:32AM
Henderson didnt dominate in the sense that the whole time he was an adjustment away from a tap. But yes, he had an illusion of control the entire fight.
prophecy033
8/15/11 11:44:09AM

Posted by kingsmasher

That arm triangle was a stupid waste of energy if you ask me...I doubt Miller really trained or even watched any tape on Henderson or he woulda known that was a waste of time...

I wonder if you go against the grain because you truly feel that way or because you want to cause a stir. It's ok to have a different view, but with every thread I see you on, its the same thing.
MMA-San
8/15/11 4:56:09PM
In all reality Miller may have had the stand up edge, he dropped Benson in the 3rd and everytime it was stood up it seemed decently even. Also Miller had alot of really close submissions...still he lost all 3 rounds convincingly. It wasn't a one sided beat down...but Miller will never beat Henderson outside of a flash KO.

Benson's wrestling is better, his submissions are better, his defense is better, hes quicker, hes stronger, hes smarter, and in 6 months his striking will be better if it isn't already.

Miller needs to drop down to 145. He lost to Edgar, Maynard, and now Benson...there is no future there unless Guida or Guillard end up winning the title.
kingsmasher
8/16/11 10:07:00AM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by kingsmasher

I wonder if you go against the grain because you truly feel that way or because you want to cause a stir. It's ok to have a different view, but with every thread I see you on, its the same thing.

What are you talking about against the grain? You make no sense...Dont ask me something unless you are specific...

I said Millers arm triangle was a waste of time..It was a waste of energyhim holding on in mid arm tryin to apply a choke he has zero torque on.....How is that agianst the grain? Get real man...

I said it didnt look like Miller watched tape on Henderson or he would have known Henderson is very hard to submit and has been in full guillotine before....

So just what are you talking about? Seriously how was i against the grain? jeez
prophecy033
8/16/11 10:47:27AM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by kingsmasher

What are you talking about against the grain? You make no sense...Dont ask me something unless you are specific...

I said Millers arm triangle was a waste of time..It was a waste of energyhim holding on in mid arm tryin to apply a choke he has zero torque on.....How is that agianst the grain? Get real man...

I said it didnt look like Miller watched tape on Henderson or he would have known Henderson is very hard to submit and has been in full guillotine before....

So just what are you talking about? Seriously how was i against the grain? jeez

I was giving MY opinion on your posts. I've seen far weaker subs get applied and work. To say miller must not have watched tape is like saying everyone who faces Hendo must not watch tape because they always walk into his right. Just because he didn't get the sub doesn't mean he shouldn't have tried.
prozacnation1978
8/16/11 12:10:14PM
You know its a beatdown when the guy is closing his eyes wincing in pain

Good fight I had henderson 29-28.
I feel bad for miller 7 wins in a row should give you a title shot
Watch henderson will get another two and get one

Contender status

Siver
Guida
Guillard
Henderson

I say give guillard title shot with win over lauzon
And have battle of the hair happen for next shot after
emfleek
8/16/11 12:11:12PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

battle of the hair

Nice.
showtimeshogun
8/21/11 6:04:53PM
The arm triangle was destined to fail from the onset. The closest sub attempt IMO was the kneebar. Still I think it was rather unwise of Miller to put so much faith and effort into those attempts. He drained himself and against an extremely fast-paced fighter like Henderson that's costly. On a side note I'm new here, what's up everyone?
warglory
8/21/11 8:03:40PM
Welcome showtime. Nice avatar!
showtimeshogun
8/21/11 8:05:36PM
Thanks man
Rabi
8/22/11 1:22:26PM
I'm playing catch up on this thread, one of the things mentioned at the start was that Joe Rogan was bias with his commentary, I agree with what most people said , Hendo dominated this fight and battered Miller, referring to the stand up Miller did drop Bendo on the feet, but when he went in for the scramble Hendo was able to reverse him very quickly, also Rogan did state if Miller didn't keep going for subs he wouldn't have took such a beating. I didn't find Rogan bias at all during this fight, it was clearly Bendo's night, he basically dominated most of the fight. ATM, the LW division is my favourite division, someone listed for LW' contenders, another name to list on that is Melendez, can't belong before he jumps ship like Nick Diaz did.
Wh1teB0ii369
8/22/11 6:42:09PM
Hmm it definitely seemed like a one-sided beatdown to me. I picked Hendo to win that fight from when it was announced, I didn't think he would handle Miller like he did though. The closest chance Miller had to win that fight was the kneebar and even Bendo said it himself that when he slapped it on, the cup was aligned with the shin instead of his knee.