Henderson vs Liddell...its gonna happen

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Henderson vs Liddell...its gonna happen
POLL: Dan Henderson vs Chuck Liddell
Hollywood by KO 36% (5)
Hollywood by TKO 64% (9)
veritas
7/3/07 8:43:21PM
Personally, I think Henderson can stand toe to toe with Liddell and KO him at his own game. Having Henderson come in at LHW is bittersweet, because with Shogun, Liddell, Rampage, and possibly Wanderlei, its gonna be war. But then again, I think he'd decimate at Middleweight. But right now with the LHW division so dense, Id love to see any combinations of these match-ups time and again. I see Ramage beating Henderson, Henderson beating Liddell/Wanderlei, Wanderlei beating Liddell, Shogun beating them all. If there were two more LHW's to add I'd hope for Sokoudjou and Arona. Whats your take on the breakdown of these combinations?
veritas
7/3/07 8:55:38PM
Damn it, I screwed up the poll somehow, don't ask. Oh well, let me know Dan Hollywood Henderson versus Chuck the Iceman Liddell, who wins and how it ends...

Then, with Liddell, Shogun, Henderson, Rampage and Wanderei, sum up what would happen with each match-up and which you'd like to see the most
warglory
7/3/07 9:11:22PM
What makes you think they are going to fight?
kopower
7/3/07 9:45:08PM
Basically any of the LHW's you mentioned pitted against each other would be great to watch.
veritas
7/3/07 10:06:25PM
I guess its not a given that they'll fight, but seeing as all of the major talent is being brought over to the UFC, I think after the Rampage/Henderson match-up, the loser is gonna work their way back up to title contention, and until Shogun enters the picture, its a fight that would bring in tons of attention, especially if Henderson loses to Rampage. Then, why not? In any case, entertain the idea that it does happen, how do you think it would go down?
ProfessorChaos
7/3/07 10:28:08PM
Hendo GnP late first or early second.
cmill21
7/3/07 10:32:03PM
Shogun won't fight wandy...thats something you can count on. So if one of them gets the belt the other will just fight for gobs of money against other ppl, as shogun did in PRIDE.
kopower
7/4/07 12:22:50AM
I can see Henderson taking Chuck down or stand up and trade with him. Henderson has added more elements to his fight game with every fight. He's not all about the big right hand anymore.
FeelTheJoy
7/4/07 7:09:07AM
i like the poll. very fair.
veritas
7/4/07 1:35:58PM
i know, i screwed it up, not meant to be one-sided or anything, my bad
KYGUY07
7/6/07 12:49:28AM
chuck would beat hendo
masodd
7/6/07 9:41:42PM
I think all of them would beat chuck........rampage would finally beat silva and shogun,hollywood vs rampage is a toss up. I want to see shogun vs. any of them especially chuck ,but silva vs shogun would be an instant classic,and wandi would win by split decision..........shogun fights on Sept.22 at UFC 76 so i hope he fights chuck or wandi
Northrend
7/6/07 10:00:03PM

Posted by masodd

I think all of them would beat chuck........rampage would finally beat silva and shogun,hollywood vs rampage is a toss up. I want to see shogun vs. any of them especially chuck ,but silva vs shogun would be an instant classic,and wandi would win by split decision..........shogun fights on Sept.22 at UFC 76 so i hope he fights chuck or wandi

Why would Rampage beat Shogun or Wanderlei? Wanderlei allready beat him 2 times and Shogun didn't look to have 1 weakness against him. Chuteboxe is the poison to Rampage's fighting style. Oh BTW no way would Wandy fight Shogun unless it was the end of a GP or something.
komodo20
7/6/07 11:27:11PM
That would be a good fight to see but i think chuck the iceman Liddell would win.
veritas
7/7/07 4:30:12AM
Posted by masodd

'I think all of them would beat chuck........rampage would finally beat silva and shogun,hollywood vs rampage is a toss up. I want to see shogun vs. any of them especially chuck ,but silva vs shogun would be an instant classic,and wandi would win by split decision..........shogun fights on Sept.22 at UFC 76 so i hope he fights chuck"

I happen to think these guys can all beat chuck, but theres no possible way rampage is going to beat silva or shogun, and silva and shogun will NEVER fight so no need to talk about it.

the only bitchin matches i see are henderson/liddell, silva/liddell, shogun/henderson, and rampage/henderson. i think shogun would whoop chuck and i wouldnt mind seeing either shogun try to avenge wanderleis loss to henderson, or just see Wanderlei do it himself!!! Henderson vs Wanderlei 3