Henderson vs. Cerrone FightMetric statistics

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Henderson vs. Cerrone FightMetric statistics
FastKnockout
1/19/15 12:57:13AM
Here are the FightMetric statistics between Henderson and Cerrone for those interested.

LINK
bjj1605
1/19/15 2:34:52AM

Posted by FastKnockout

Here are the FightMetric statistics between Henderson and Cerrone for those interested.

LINK

So basically Bendo out struck Cerrone in every round but MMA judges really really like takedowns. So even though Cerrone only got one, he wins.

I wasn't paying that much attention to this fight, but Henderson sure thought he won and the numbers seem to be on his side.
george112
1/19/15 3:04:37PM
Where you at Copenhagen
FKA
1/19/15 5:29:50PM
Yeah cerrone got beat........poor bendo...

jjeans
1/19/15 5:50:20PM
Benson Henderson's 4-1 in 50/50 fights (Cerrone 1&3, Melendez, Edgar 1&2)

Bendo's counting his blessings and keeping his mouth closed, fair play to him.
He could have gone 1-4 in those fights.
whodat
1/19/15 6:46:33PM

Posted by george112

Where you at Copenhagen

I'll have to watch round 1 again sober before any further comment.
Weird it shows round 3 being the closest when I though that was the only round that couldn't of gone either way.
NikkiNeversleep
1/19/15 9:54:00PM
Clear win for Bendo, judges were sharing whiskey with the Irish fans.
JadePGreen
1/19/15 11:02:30PM
Instead of blindly letting numbers decide who won look a little deeper. Where did the Sig strikes land? More to the head by Cerrone and most of Bendo's were to the legs. Important? Yes, but as important as head strikes? No. Takedown? Check. Pass? Check. You can't just say Fighter X had more Sig strikes he wins.
george112
1/19/15 11:36:14PM

Posted by JadePGreen

Instead of blindly letting numbers decide who won look a little deeper. Where did the Sig strikes land? More to the head by Cerrone and most of Bendo's were to the legs. Important? Yes, but as important as head strikes? No. Takedown? Check. Pass? Check. You can't just say Fighter X had more Sig strikes he wins.

Your post is a sort of a paradox btw.

Why is one sig strike worth more than the other?

Lets assume Sig strikes to the head are in fact worth a little bit more than a Sig strike to the leg

I will even put it in numbers for you

Lets say just for arguments sake that Sig strikes to the head are worth 3 points and Sig strikes to the leg are worth 2 points

So we know that Bendo had quite a bit more Sig strikes to the leg than Cerrone. Thats a fact.

Bendo had 53 which equals 106 points
Cerrone had 18 which equals 36 points

So the point totals at this point are:

Bendo:106 points
Cerrone:36 points

Now lets take a look at Sig strikes to the head

Bendo had 13 which equals 39 points
Cerrone had 19 which equals 57 points

So lets at this point lets add the Sig strike points with the Sig leg strike points

Bendo:145 points
Cerrone:93 points

Now you mentioned Cerrone had a takedown. For arguments sake we will assume they are worth 10 points. Considerably more than either a Sig head strike or Leg strike.

Bendo had 0 which equals 0 points
Cerrone had 2 which equals 20 points

Lets add up the points again

Bendo:145 points
Cerrone:113 points

Now I could go ahead and set a value to the Sig strikes to the body, but I feel like my point has already been made with the above information

But lets pretend I wasn't lazy, and went ahead and assigned a value to the Sig strikes to the body. We can put it at 4 (Doesn't really matter what the number is put at, as they had exactly the same number of Sig strikes to the body)

Bendo had 20 which equals 80 points
Cerrone had 20 which equals 80 points

Point totals after :

Bendo:225 points
Cerrone:193 points

So you see, yes the numbers matter

NikkiNeversleep
1/19/15 11:46:49PM

Posted by JadePGreen

If a majority of the fight is fought on the feet, then the striking is weighed over the grappling. How long would say they spent trading strikes versus grappling?
JadePGreen
1/20/15 2:05:19AM
You win. Mine was a lazy and barely thought out argument you put some time and energy into yours. Doesn't change my opinion on the outcome, but I can see why my argument was flat.