Hellboy vs. JZ fight possibly cancelled

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Hellboy vs. JZ fight possibly cancelled
Kpro
12/31/08 1:38:13AM
Don't slaughter me if this ends up not true but its from a source that I've been following for years for my Japanese MMA news from the webmaster who is currently at the arena.

"It is announced that "Hellboy" vs. JZ fight is cancelled!! It is due to injury on "Hellboy", the doctor stopped the fight!

The event is underway and I really hope the injury is not serious! I know Joachim was well prepared and it is very sad...."

SOURCE
Mayhem13
12/31/08 1:41:55AM
there goes the hot bout....plus a potentially awesome bout!
Kpro
12/31/08 1:44:51AM
I believe this would make Nakamura vs. Tokoro back as the hot bout if confirmed.
Mayhem13
12/31/08 1:46:05AM

Posted by Kpro

I believe this would make Nakamura vs. Tokoro back as the hot bout if confirmed.

I hope its not off....but I was more confident in that pick then the JZ/Hansen anyways..so thats a plus

(always look on the brightside..)
LaosPowerHouse
12/31/08 2:20:45AM
According to the Sherdog Play by Play, Hansen didn't pass the pre-medical exam and is hospitalized due to a head injury.

Sherdog Play by Play

Also there's a short article on it that pretty much says the same thing

Article
ncordless
12/31/08 2:50:59AM
I guess that means JZ will get the winner of Aoki/Alvarez for the next LW wamma fight.
StriderXero
12/31/08 4:52:06PM
Hellboy is such a warrior. It's a shame for this to happen to him. It's a shame too JZ too. Both of them must have worked their butt off.