What the hell is goin on with UFC 81??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » What the hell is goin on with UFC 81??
ricoj3323
12/4/07 6:35:43PM
i don't know what the hell is going on with ufc 81, they need another big fight because the ufc just named mir-lesnar the main event and I don't think thats main event material. and there might not even be a title fight. I think the ufc needs to get on the ball , they said this year is suppose to be big well this isn't starting the year good.

anyone got any suggestions on what the ufc should do
Pitbull09
12/4/07 7:02:35PM
I would have to say calm down man. Its two months away so they are still sorting out what half the fights are. Sherk could be back by then. Also, I agree Lesnar vs Mir isnt main event but its just the first fight announced that made news.
tuvok500
12/4/07 7:05:12PM
man, the main event is suppose to be Big Nog against Sylvia for the HW belt !!

maybe it is not big enough for you but i am happy with that main event !!

bayonetxwork
12/4/07 7:36:13PM
I think Guillard got Joe Silva on crackkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. his cards have been completely absolutely horrible lately, with the exception of 79 IMO. i never thought i'd say this but i want pride back NOW!

its complete bs, you figure when you practically monopolize the sport(atleast at the highest level) they'd be able to put some decent cards on...
TimW001
12/4/07 7:39:44PM

Posted by tuvok500

Yea that's what I thought.

Posted by bayonetxwork

I think Guillard got Joe Silva on crackkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. his cards have been completely absolutely horrible lately, with the exception of 79 IMO. i never thought i'd say this but i want pride back NOW!

its complete bs, you figure when you practically monopolize the sport(atleast at the highest level) they'd be able to put some decent cards on...

Yep, defiantly. Joe silva needs to smarten up.
nickcuc547
12/4/07 7:45:33PM
big nog vs. sylvia will be a very good main event, this card could shape up to be pretty good.
kevietre
12/4/07 7:56:08PM
Lesnar vs. Mir is a better main event that Bisping vs. Rashad IMO. Couture turned down the defense with Big Nog so maybe Big Tim will step up. I heard this fight is suppose to happen but i'll wait till the UFC confirms it. Regardless it still is not for a couple months. If they can make a fight like GSP vs. Hughes within weeks then I'm sure they can come up with another big fight by February. Or at least I hope so.
Ordep
12/4/07 10:44:12PM
the thing is that Dana was selling it as the SUPER BOWL card ....
ufcboss
12/5/07 12:34:08AM
They do need a better Mainevent, Lesner Vs Mir will be good, But I dont see it going out the first round.
Brock will try to repeat his last performance, And If he cant finish him quick, He will slow down, And a big Sub by Mir will finish it.
I want to see brock throw some punches and kicks to prove he as good as he thinks.

Hopefully Big Tim Vs Big Nog is announced soon!
SexPanther
12/5/07 12:44:19AM
lesner vs. mir is a laughable main event.

dana needs to have some angry fan run up and urinate on him if that happens.
TimW001
12/5/07 12:56:19AM
Agreed!
Franklinfan47
12/5/07 9:40:13PM
I will pay money to watch Noguera beat up Sylvia, plus im interested in seeing how Lesnar fares against Mir. In the words of snoop dogg:

"So just chiillll, until the next episode".
CornishMMA
12/6/07 6:10:43AM

Posted by Ordep

the thing is that Dana was selling it as the SUPER BOWL card ....

WTF are talking about?

Why do i keep seeing these dumb comments from people?!?

Its the superbowl weekend card
zoomey2000
12/6/07 1:25:50PM
Say what you will but im pretty sure everybody is anxious to see what Brock will bring. It is pretty apparent that everybody either wants to see him win or see him get dominated.

Either way its a win for UFC for sure as im sure it will have a dickload of PPV buys.

Lay_N_Pray
12/6/07 1:40:45PM
Lesnar vs Mir is not the main event

Tim vs Nog for the Heavyweight title is...thats a legit main event for sure
Pitbull09
12/6/07 1:43:33PM

Posted by tuvok500

Nog getting crowned champ is a good main event, and if Sylvia wins, I think it will finally convince me that Pride was a whole level lower than UFC.
zephead
12/6/07 5:07:45PM

Posted by bayonetxwork

You don't like:

Big Tim vs. Big Nog
Tyson Griffin vs. Gleison Tibau
Nate "The Great" Marquardt vs. Thales Leites
Alan "The Talent" Belcher vs. Ricardo Almeida

I'm not a big fan of Terry Martion or Eastman, but we know that they will both stand and bang so someone is getting KTFO. Might not be huge names on the card, but it's isn't the huge names that qaruntee a card card either