That Must Have Been One Hell Of A Divorce.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » That Must Have Been One Hell Of A Divorce.
Next Page »
BadSanta
3/4/07 1:17:45AM
It would appear that the only thing that beat Randy Couture was an anti-male bias in the divorce courts and a resulting emotional crisis.

I'll never 'bet' against Randy again...even against CroCop. That's right, I said it.
BionicIng
3/4/07 2:13:59AM
at this point , how can anyone bet against him. the man is simply amazing
The_Korean
3/4/07 2:19:34AM
Lol I don't know about Randy beating Crocop.
BadSanta
3/4/07 2:20:52AM

Posted by BionicIng

They need a Super Hall Of Fame for Randy.
BadSanta
3/4/07 2:23:07AM

Posted by The_Korean

I didn't know about him beating a 6 foot 8 inch mountain of a man. Also, I never thought Randelman could beat Crocop, either and he knocked his ass unconscious in their first fight.

Randy can beat CroCop. Randy will beat Crocop.
RichBoy
3/4/07 2:26:24AM

Posted by BadSanta

Posted by The_Korean

I didn't know about him beating a 6 foot 8 inch mountain of a man. Also, I never thought Randelman could beat Crocop, either and he knocked his ass unconscious in their first fight.

Ok Ok yes Randy beat Tim. But Tim is no Cro Cop ,i belive in Randy but Cro Cop will be to much for him. If Randy tries to stand with Cro Cop hes gunna loose his only chance is to take Cro Cop down but that isnt so easy. I see Cro Cop picking Randy apart and then finish him off late in the 3rd.
argile
3/4/07 2:26:47AM
I started following MMA after he retired, He sure did gain a bunch of new fans tonight myself included.. anyways if your going through a divorce in the middle of your career, how is your head going to be in the game if your living in a hotel with your shit in storage. It would be hard to bounce around in different gyms if you don't have a stable supportive relationship with your wife..

He sure did fight good tonight.
Ydoc
3/4/07 2:45:32AM
I too will have to give Couture the benefit of the doubt. CroCop isn't unbeatable... and if anyone has the heart and gameplan to do it, Randy probably does.
aceprone
3/4/07 2:50:42AM

Posted by Ydoc

I too will have to give Couture the benefit of the doubt. CroCop isn't unbeatable... and if anyone has the heart and gameplan to do it, Randy probably does.

hell yeah! That's one fight I am not going to bet on. I didn't even bet on this one. But I agree, if there's one man to upset Cro Cop it's Randy.

Kind of funny that Randy is going to get Cro Cop before Chuck. haha...! Insane!
MartyMorgy
3/4/07 2:59:11AM
Randy didn't do anything against Tim on the Ground what makes you think he can do more against CC. CC has 10x better ground game than Tim and 400X better standup. Tim didn't do anything vs Randy standing CC won't let Randy hit him and CC will kill randy with his punches and kicks.
madmarck
3/4/07 9:37:00AM

Posted by BadSanta

Posted by BionicIng

They need a Super Hall Of Fame for Randy.

Good call. Might be a good place to stick Matt Hughes someday after he makes his comeback at MW.
zephead
3/4/07 10:28:56AM

Posted by MartyMorgy

Randy didn't do anything against Tim on the Ground what makes you think he can do more against CC. CC has 10x better ground game than Tim and 400X better standup. Tim didn't do anything vs Randy standing CC won't let Randy hit him and CC will kill randy with his punches and kicks.

Cro-Cop's ground game is 10X better then Tim's? And he's standup is 400X better? Randleman KO'ed Cro-Cop and I'm pretty sure that Cro-Cop wasn't gonna let Randleman hit him. What is Randy gonna do on the ground other then keep you there and GnP? I don't think he's gonna tap you with a gogoplata.

He did enough on the ground to dominate the fight, keep a man that outweighed him by 40 + lbs on the ground and shut all the naysayers up. (Me being one of them)

Randy just might be a bad matchup for Cro-Cop. You know CC with be training to stop the takedown, like Chuck did and Sylvia, did and just get confused as to when Randy is gonna shoot and when he's going to punch. Randy is a master at game planning. Don't count him out.
loller90278
3/4/07 1:39:58PM

Posted by BadSanta

Posted by The_Korean

save me a bet when its time..

please don't compare randelmans wins over crocop to randy's win over sylvia..
Ydoc
3/4/07 4:03:59PM

Posted by MartyMorgy

And you could also say that Tim has 400X the chin that CroCop has, and if Randy hit that same superman punch on Cop he wouldn't have gotten up.

It works both ways.
migo
3/4/07 5:12:33PM

Posted by loller90278

Posted by BadSanta

Posted by The_Korean

save me a bet when its time..

please don't compare randelmans wins over crocop to randy's win over sylvia..

you're right. randleman's win over cro-cop was far more impressive.
poll77
3/4/07 6:07:13PM

Posted by zephead

Posted by MartyMorgy

Cro-Cop's ground game is 10X better then Tim's? And he's standup is 400X better? Randleman KO'ed Cro-Cop and I'm pretty sure that Cro-Cop wasn't gonna let Randleman hit him. What is Randy gonna do on the ground other then keep you there and GnP? I don't think he's gonna tap you with a gogoplata.

He did enough on the ground to dominate the fight, keep a man that outweighed him by 40 + lbs on the ground and shut all the naysayers up. (Me being one of them)

Randy just might be a bad matchup for Cro-Cop. You know CC with be training to stop the takedown, like Chuck did and Sylvia, did and just get confused as to when Randy is gonna shoot and when he's going to punch. Randy is a master at game planning. Don't count him out.

You took the words out of my mouth.
gimmper
3/4/07 8:15:32PM
Randy has heart...so did Evander Holyfield....That gets you hurt....Iceman destroyed Randy....Cro-cop would beat Iceman...do the math...Come-on everyone loves the underdog...everyone loves alittle heart...Randy needs to step out on top while he still has the belt. Cro-cop no contest round 1
ghosty82
3/5/07 5:33:42AM

Posted by gimmper

Iceman destroyed Randy....Cro-cop would beat Iceman...do the math

That playground mentality doesnt really apply to MMA though.
BadSanta
4/4/07 4:35:39AM

Posted by MartyMorgy

You're WAY overstating CC's ability on the ground. Once he gets pressed up against the fence, Randy can easily get him to the ground...where CC behaves more like an overturned turtle than an MMA fighter.
FortySixBelow
4/4/07 5:38:36AM
And the proof of that is......................................

IMO, the biggest difference between Sylvia will be Cro-Cop's athletic ability and his ability to gameplan and maneuver mentally during the fight...

IE...not just jab jab and take a punch to the head...

Repeat...

Repeat....

Get Taken Town...

and on and on.

Mastodon2
4/4/07 7:40:26AM
Cro Cop is a human wrecking ball, he will take Cro Cop out in round 1 I think.

Some people try to talk Cro Cop down, say he is a bitch on the ground and all that, but he isnt. He has been down before, and he avoids the subs and gets back up. He doesnt go to pieces as soon as he is on the ground.

But its a moot point, since Randy will have a very hard time getting him to the ground anyway.
Ydoc
4/4/07 8:52:13AM

Posted by Mastodon2
Cro Cop is a human wrecking ball, he will take Cro Cop out in round 1 I think.

I dunno, Cro Cop's headmovment is good and he can avoid leg kicks from Cro Cop.

Svabbi
4/4/07 12:33:06PM
Who gives a **** if his bitch ass wife left him, thats just a lame ******* excuse. Anyone can make excuses like that because all people go through trouble in their personal life every once in a while.

Chuck beat the shit out of Couture twice because he is better, simple. Tim Sylvia is a big lardass that got exposed, that doesnt make Randy invincible. Cro Cop is going to break his ******* skull and retire his old ass for good.
Gogoplata
4/4/07 1:31:35PM

Posted by Svabbi

Who gives a **** if his bitch ass wife left him, thats just a lame ******* excuse. Anyone can make excuses like that because all people go through trouble in their personal life every once in a while.

Chuck beat the shit out of Couture twice because he is better, simple. Tim Sylvia is a big lardass that got exposed, that doesnt make Randy invincible. Cro Cop is going to break his ******* skull and retire his old ass for good.

Jesus, dude. Why do you hate Randy so much? He's one of the best ambassadors for the sport, especially to an older audience. Not to mention the fact that he IS the single greatest UFC champion of ALL TIME.

Chuck is great but Randy dominated two weight classes during his prime and just beat up Tim Sylvia to cement his legend as one of the best to ever step into the Octagon. I like Chuck, but you gotta give credit to Randy for being a class act and helping build UFC to what it is today.
FortySixBelow
4/4/07 1:38:45PM
No offense...just him have his opinion...no offense to either of ya.

It all depends on how you look at it...

I am still a little mystified as to how Couture will beat him because he beat a big slow Sylvia...

Like come on now guys...everyone loves Couture...i do too... But if your not laying at least 2:1 on Crocop you are nuts!

hathcock32
4/4/07 2:10:39PM

Posted by Svabbi

I dont think it was an excuse. But think about it. One of Randy's best ways to win is how he breaks down film, and finds ways he thinks he can beat his opponet, he has a in-depth strategy for each fight. He went into the last Chuck fight, totally not mentally into. In Randy's case this is bad news. For someone like Chuck who can just flat out KO someone, it may not matter. For Randy he needs to be there mentally to win the fight.
randyleprechaun
4/4/07 2:49:09PM

Posted by gimmper

Randy has heart...so did Evander Holyfield....That gets you hurt....Iceman destroyed Randy....Cro-cop would beat Iceman...do the math...Come-on everyone loves the underdog...everyone loves alittle heart...Randy needs to step out on top while he still has the belt. Cro-cop no contest round 1

I disagree! To say that Chuck beat Randy, and therefore Cro Cop will defeat him easily is madness! MMA doesnt work like that!

e.g. Ricco Rodiguez beat Randy, Tim Sylvia beat Ricco and Randy beat Tim!

Randys tools are better suited to beating Cro Cop than Chuck. Hes an intensely focused, motivated and talented individual, that enters every fight with a tactical game plan that most of the time works!
BadSanta
4/4/07 3:20:14PM

Posted by Svabbi

You have yet to learn the importance of fighting styles and how they determine the outcome of a fight. CroCop cannot match Randy's wrestling skills so when Randy gets the Croation onto the mat, it could be over quickly.
Mastodon2
4/4/07 3:32:05PM

Posted by Svabbi

I agree with the second half of your post somewhat.

The first half is utterly diabolical. The fact that you are writing off his wife leaving him as a "****** excuse" just shows that you have never been through any kind of emotional trauma in your life. You must be quite a Naive and immature individual, if you think something like that wont massively affect every aspect of a man's life.
warglory
4/4/07 4:34:45PM

Posted by Mastodon2

Posted by Svabbi

I agree with the second half of your post somewhat.

The first half is utterly diabolical. The fact that you are writing off his wife leaving him as a "****** excuse" just shows that you have never been through any kind of emotional trauma in your life. You must be quite a Naive and immature individual, if you think something like that wont massively affect every aspect of a man's life.

You are exactly right. See Vitor Belfort with his sis.
Pages: [1] 2